Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests (1304 Views)

Why Some Pastors Refuse To Have More Than One Branch - Freemanan / Some Pastors Teaches That self-service Is Not A Sin / Should Catholic Priests be Allowed to Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests by AKO1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2008
[center]B A S E D  O N  A  T R u E  S T O R Y[/center]
The following is not intended to poke fun but to expose reality and provoke thought.

This conversation took place in an office. Sister Mercy attends one of the big churches in Abuja, its name was witheld by the person that first told me the joke.

Sister Mercy: Ahmed good morning, how body now?
Ahmed: I dey, this yeye AC just dey cold me. . .  shey nothing?
Sister Mercy: Ehn I just want ask you one small sometin. . . .you know, for our church we dey donate money for the victims of the pipe explosion in Lagos, so I just want give u this envelope, anything wey u fit ,
(cuts in)Ahmed: Ahn ahn you people, shey the one wey they dey collect for church no dey do you?, you wan to dey collect offering outside church again. . .
Sister Mercy: No haba now, I told you its for the victims.
Ahmed: So how much you don collect already
Sister Mercy: Ahn ahn that one no concern you, your own na just to contribute.
Ahmed: contribute ko, contribute ni, how much I fit give wey go solve another man's problem?
Sister Mercy: Nothing is too small for the Lord, besides, God looks at the heart not the amount. You know the bible says give and it will come back to,
Ahmed: I hear you; I hear you but my own be say, no be my N500 wey go solve their problem. In fact you people for that your church just dey disturb yourelfs. If I dey part of una, I go just tell d Pastor say make he sell one or two of His suits; that one fit solve their problem. . . .

Abi na lie?
Re: A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests by JeSoul(f): 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
A_K_O:

[center]B A S E D O N A T R You E S T O R Y[/center]
The following is not intended to poke fun but to expose reality and provoke thought.

This conversation took place in an office. Sister Mercy attends one of the big churches in Abuja, its name was witheld by the person that first told me the joke.

Sister Mercy: Ahmed good morning, how body now?
Ahmed: I dey, this yeye AC just dey cold me. . . shey nothing?
Sister Mercy: Ehn I just want ask you one small sometin. . . .you know, for our church we dey donate money for the victims of the pipe explosion in Lagos, so I just want give u this envelope, anything wey u fit ,
(cuts in)Ahmed: Ahn ahn you people, shey the one wey they dey collect for church no dey do you?, you wan to dey collect offering outside church again. . .
Sister Mercy: No haba now, I told you its for the victims.
Ahmed: So how much you don collect already
Sister Mercy: Ahn ahn that one no concern you, your own na just to contribute.
Ahmed: contribute ko, contribute ni, how much I fit give wey go solve another man's problem?
Sister Mercy: Nothing is too small for the Lord, besides, God looks at the heart not the amount. You know the bible says give and it will come back to,
Ahmed: I hear you; I hear you but my own be say, no be my N500 wey go solve their problem. In fact you people for that your church just dey disturb yourelfs. If I dey part of una, I go just tell d Pastor say make he sell one or two of His suits; that one fit solve their problem. . . .

Abi na lie?

Abeg no be lie jare! cheesy and if they decided to sell even just one of their cars, that one go fit feed a whole village for weeks!  cool
Re: A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests by Lady2(f): 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2008
Hahahaha, this is true.

But I don't see how this applies to Priests though, they own nothing.
Re: A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests by AKO1(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
~Lady~:

Hahahaha, this is true.

But I don't see how this applies to Priests though, they own (relatively) nothing.

Yah, some of them. But not all of them. And certainly not all Pastors. I'm not generalising. If you notice the subject is "some".
Re: A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests by reindeer: 8:02am On Jul 03, 2008
Religion under whatever name is a story about gullible followers and smart pastors,imams etc. Fela don talk the whole truth,"suffer suffer for world, "
My people dem go dey follow bishop,follow Imam, dem go go for rome, go for mecca, etc
i refer you to the gospel according to anikulapo for more details,
nice on AKO.
Re: A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests by esamfor2(m): 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2008
I'm telling u, there is no need for the pastor to sell his suits or the chairs in the altar, only one person in the church can make the donation for the victims. "Wetin concern me" is used to be their slogan.

I wonder why some pastors make the move for donations that will ridicule them and not only them, God's name.

I wonder.
embarassed
Re: A Short Joke About Some Pastors And Priests by norsman(m): 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2008
we all have to b careful, they are many many fake prophets out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Talk Again On Boko Haram. / Church Proliferation In Nigeria / World's First GAY BIBLE Has Been Published With Verses That Promote Same Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.