Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Aeronautic Issues Here... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aeronautic Issues Here... (973 Views)

Post Your ICT Issues Here From Your Work Place / Aeronautic/ Aviation Related Careers / Job Oppourtunities For Aeronautic Engineers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aeronautic Issues Here... by valariz: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2013
Goodday guys, I need advise on aeronautic issues. I'm currently studying csc/mat in c.o.ed. final year student. I really want to pilot. I need every information I can get lyk which country has d best aviation skul, etc.
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by idy4eva: 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
All you need to be a pilot is a GOOD O'Levels result in SCIENCE.

ARGUABLY, Nigeria has one of the VERY BEST training centers in the world but with the new requirement by the regulators that ALL Air Traffic Controllers MUST have flying experience, the facilities are streched and the 60hrs require for PPL might take you 3 months! so people opt for SA and US.

Fees for SPL is abt 10million but NOT too sure. if you are serious I can confirm for you.
PPL is about 2.5million. you may not be able to do anythg with PPL except flying as a hobby. CPL had been merged such that after PPL,the next exit point is SPL after which you go for type-rating(the aircraft you wish to fly for you ATPL) which could be fixed-wing or rotary-wing(helicopter).

For now the only place I know in Nigeria with authorisation from ICAO as ATO(authorised training Organisation) running TRAINAIR curriculum for PILOT is the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria. it's along Sokoto Road(same road you have ABU.

I hope this helps
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by TheHawk8: 11:12am On Oct 16, 2013
tnx pal, bt are u sayin som1 cnt just go for a CPL trainin as a result of diz mergin? havin all dat millions for an SPL trainin isnt beans o....
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by idy4eva: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
Well, nothing is absolute in the world. But for now officially in Nigeria, you may not be able to do it.
It is assumed that you must be trained and equipped for the best opportunities out there in flying. Previously, companies hired PPL and send them for further training, but lately even SPL do not have jobs but if you are quite GOOD the school will not let you go, they will take you as an instructor.

The merging of CPL is because aircraft has undergone great changes.
you will actually finishes your CPL and will be given your "wings" but you can not graduate coz you need to do Night and Instrument flying,etc.

Flying is expensive. Pilots earn GOOD pay bro!

If you are ready....take a leap, get the "wings" and the sky will only be your stepping stone.
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by TheHawk8: 6:55am On Oct 22, 2013
bro nawao...whats diz night and instrument flyin about?
dont u tink the merging is just A Way of mkin more money for d academy? diz merging is just lyk sayin whoeva is planning to do a pilot program in d academy must dO d SPL program/trainin. they sud undastnd dat d fees are all in millions n let d guys pick either the PPL or CPL. Buddy, abeg mke u help confirm d fees n steps to gettin admission into d academy 4 me. hv a 1daful day.bro nawao...whats diz night and instrument flyin about?
dont u tink the merging is just A Way of mkin more money for d academy? diz merging is just lyk sayin whoeva is planning to do a pilot program in d academy must dO d SPL program/trainin. they sud undastnd dat d fees are all in millions n let d guys pick either the PPL or CPL. Buddy, abeg mke u help confirm d fees n steps to gettin admission into d academy 4 me. hv a 1daful day.
bro nawao...whats diz night and instrument flyin about?
dont u tink the merging is just A Way of mkin more money for d academy? diz merging is just lyk sayin whoeva is planning to do a pilot program in d academy must dO d SPL program/trainin. they sud undastnd dat d fees are all in millions n let d guys pick either the PPL or CPL. Buddy, abeg mke u help confirm d fees n steps to gettin admission into d academy 4 me. hv a 1daful day.
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by idy4eva: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Good day friend,
Am not their staff but reasonably I know what is involved. If you read my initial post, I stated that there is an exit point after PPL....just like having SSC. If you chose to go to the university u can not tell the university to award u an interim degree in Year 3 that afterall u have learnt enough theory.

For now you may not appreciate the mportance of instrument/Night flying, with time you will. the "koko" na the "pepe" million million wey them dey call for you!

Funny enough...you are insured. if you crash an aircraft during training no wahala(a trainer aircraft such as Tampico or Beachcraft cost upwards of N35million). Insurance covers you...u dont pay for it repair or replacement.

soup wey sweet, na money make am!

You will be WELL fed and accommodated each student a room to his/herself, clinic, wth standard gym and swmming pool,etc

honestly, you will be PROUD you are a "Flyng" student.

Have a great day.
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by TheHawk8: 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
waddup pal, tnx 4 wettin my appetite even more, diz tin jst dey lyk food wey i must chop.
does the college have a valid website or email? cos i havent had a single reply on my mail frm this guys. i'd lyk to hv their official websit and email pls.
Hv u tried to confirm d fees? i heard its about 7mil to get an SPL, dnt kno hw true diz is....weldone bro.
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by idy4eva: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2013
They have both. rector@ncatz-ng.org, registrar@ncatz-ng.org.
Their website is www.ncatz-ng.org.

I had somethng with them but it s not really proper for me to give you phone numbers coz I do NOT know you. I know ALL the Mgt staff of the place and they know me too(my company had a job with them and I was the Coy Rep).

The school is reasonably transparent in their admission process(merit) you can only have challenges if a coy like Arik(they do that often), State Govt,etc send their staff/indigenes for training. they will have to accommodate them(admission) before looking at independent candidates.

As for the fees, it is not 7 million unless they had to reduce it. SPL was 7 million in 2008 that was when I went to Zaria with Capt Araba as Rector I thnk that was SP23(not too sure). In 2009 when I was stl very active there, the fees in the school were reviewed upwards. And SPL was 8.5 mllion. Fees were not reviewed in 2010 and 2011 after that I dont know.

The present Rector was a Chief Instructor in Flying School(All Chief instructors are unofficially referred to as Red-neck Generals). We know each other(first female pilot in Niigeria). The current Registrar was Deputy Registrar and the Deputy Registrar was Assistant Reg. Academics. I dont know who is the current Head of Flying School by name but I can guess. If you have his name, I can give you his phone number.

Anyway, if you do not get response from the two e-mail addresses above after two weeks,PM me, I will give you the Deputy Registrar's OFFICIAL phone number. I think they Just started a new session.

I hope this helps in some minor ways.
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by TheHawk8: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2013
Good day.
The mails n website u gave me are d very ones i have.i also hav ; hfs@ncatz-ng.org and bursar@ncatz-ng.org. I mailed and hav had no reply til now. your info wont jst help in som minor way, dey ll help in a major way lyk criosly....i rili appreciate it. my email is nkangobaji@rocketmail.com, incase u mke up ur mind to gimme those contacts. am truely grateful, tnx.
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by idy4eva: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2013
I have sent you a mail with contact phone numbers in Aviation College. Drop all your comments here.
Have a great day.
Re: Aeronautic Issues Here... by TheHawk8: 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
tanx bro. i calld d deputy registrar n found out he is evn frm my state and bears d name Effiong. in d process of tryin to hlp, engr.Disu gave me d registrars contact again. i ws told i ll hv to purchase d admision form at 10gs frm d college and its goin to b for SPL nt jst CPL. i gues dats whr i ll hv to strt.U hv rili bin of great help, tnx.

(1) (Reply)

Biotechnology / What Were The Steps You Took To Become Your Own Boss? / Apply Online For Shell Petroleum Development Company Joint Venture Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.