Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video (7755 Views)

Is This The Most Inspirational Video By A Nigerian Artiste This Year? / Recommend Emotional And Inspirational Songs. / Everybody Loves Ice Prince Album Art + Track Listing [iceprince #eli] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:34am On Oct 08, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’99

WEAR SUNSCREEN.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.

The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable
than my own meandering experience…

I will dispense this advice now.
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:35am On Oct 08, 2013
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth;

oh nevermind;

you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded.

But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.

You’re not as fat as you imagine.
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.

The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you

Sing.

Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts,
don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2013
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how. cheesy

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

2 Likes

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by naptu2: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2013
I LOVE that song!

2 Likes

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone.
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2013
Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll have children, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary..... What ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2013
It's all good
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2013
Enjoy your body, use it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own..

Dance...... Even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

1 Like

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by naptu2: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2013
*following* cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2013
Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good.

Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

2 Likes

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by demelza: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2013
Yup! I totally vouch for sunscreen.
Water also helps
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2013
Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. grin

Travel.
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 08, 2013
This song is kinda my 'Guardian song' cheesy It gives me rare advice
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don’t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by adexsimply(m): 10:44am On Oct 08, 2013
walahi you dey mAke senSe
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2013
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it.

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

But, trust me on the sunscreen............... wink

1 Like

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by demelza: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2013
yuzedo: Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85. embarassed
cry undecided
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 10:47am On Oct 08, 2013
Written by Chicago Tribune's columnist Mary Schmich.

Speech by Kurt Vonnegut.

Performed by Lee Perry and Quindon Tarver on the compilation album "Something for Everyone" by Baz Luhrman.

http://condellpark.com/kd/sunscreen4.htm
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2013
I really dont like this italics personality bros, its too serious and makes me feel like I am falling into the chasm between the other you and this you undecided undecided undecided not sure I made sense self.

1 Like

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by yuzedo: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2013
LOL! I don't even know who moved this to FASHION section. grin The thread has as much to do with cosmetics as a ship has business at an airport. angry

I posted this thread because I was suffering from an acute case of the blues this morning and was randomly playing music from my phone playlist. For a long time i have had this song (hidden as a voice-note) and for the life of me don't know how it got on my phone so i've been skipping it for weeks. Today i decided to listen 10seconds longer, as Kurt Vonnegut's speech-reading sounded familiar, and that 20second grace made me realize i indeed knew the song from way back.

Needless to say, listening to the words invoked a lot of goosebumps, shivers and manly tears. grin It was the EXACT chicken soup my soul needed this tuesday morning and the inspirational and nostalgic wisdom i derived from the lyrics was something i felt i needed to share with the NL community, i mean, i don't know how many other people are feeling a little down this morning too.

The only place this should be is frontpage. But don't take the words alone, download the song and listen to it. Very emotional and presents plenty food for thought.

4 Likes

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by kunlesehan(m): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
hmmmm ... Yuzedo, now I know why the chicken crossed the road. thank you.

1 Like

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by semid4lyfe(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lyrics of Everybody's free (To Wear Sunscreen) By Baz Luhrmann.

Nice song. He should focus more on film making though
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by naptu2: 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
yuzedo: LOL! I don't even know who moved this to FASHION section. grin The thread has as much to do with cosmetics as a ship has business at an airport. angry

I posted this thread because I was suffering from an acute case of the blues this morning and was randomly playing music from my phone playlist. For a long time i have had this song (hidden as a voice-note) and for the life of me don't know how it got on my phone so i've been skipping it for weeks. Today i decided to listen 10seconds longer, as Kurt Vonnegut's speech-reading sounded familiar, and that 20second grace made me realize i indeed knew the song from way back.

Needless to say, listening to the words invoked a lot of goosebumps, shivers and manly tears. grin It was the EXACT chicken soup my soul needed this tuesday morning and the inspirational and nostalgic wisdom i derived from the lyrics was something i felt i needed to share with the NL community, i mean, i don't know how many other people are feeling a little down this morning too.

The only place this should be is frontpage. But don't take the words alone, download the song and listen to it. Very emotional and presents plenty food for thought.

I agree. It should be on front page. It might just be what someone needs this morning.

1 Like

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by AbuMikey(m): 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
All izz well embarassed
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by kachiz(m): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=yuzedo][i]Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

I didnt see that. *moves on with my dye.ing tradition*
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
Cool stuff
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by MrOlodo2(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
Abeg they be wan sey make my ban expire
2014 they con write 2041 abeg make una
help me beg jaybe I only post for sexuality in
ban me for three sections B4 2041 I don old
die na..

2 Likes

Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wetin be all these epistles so?
Re: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Inspirational Video by lifestyle1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Mohbad Ft. Small Doctor - Balan Zia Gar (remix) / Who's Your Hottest Radio Presenter / Nominees For 2011 Bet Awards ,tuface ,d Banj Nominated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.