Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Who Is A Man? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A Man? (549 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Man? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
Who is a man?

One day my friend and I were just driving around town, when I jokingly said to him, hey bro do you know you are still a boy? He took a glance at me from the steering wheel, and laughed, “of course I am still a boy”. Now this is a friend who is married and has two kids already.
Then he went further and said, “hey just because I have two kids and am married, doesn’t mean am willing to give up on boyhood pleasures”.
Well at least he knows himself, but can that be said of a lot of guys out there?
So many call themselves men, but their mentality leaves much to be desired, age is really nothing but a number when it comes to such kind of guys.
A guy who doesn’t respect ladies isn’t yet a man,
A guy who doesn’t understand responsibility isn’t yet a man,
A guy who still beats a woman, is still learning to be a man,
A guy who would go into a fight publicly or even secretly at the slightest provocation, has issues to resolve before he can call himself a man.
A guy who will willingly depend on a lady to have his needs met!!! Hmmmmm, I nor even know wetin to call that one sef.
I might be wrong though, because these are just my opinions, and has no statistical backing whatsoever.
Feel free to disagree or concur.
Therefore in your own opinion who is a MAN?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Man? by Tinkybabe(f): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
Tinkybabe: REAL MAN

Sometimes I see guys
Who claim to be so macho
Burning brimstone in their eyes
Left a match,they have no show

Sometimes I watch boys
Say to people,''we're men''
Yet treat women like toys
And still act like they're ten

Sometimes I hear males
Boast about their manhood
Girls humped make their list of tales
With wife they are never in the mood

Many times I ask myself
Who really is a man
He's one who is not all about self
As his family's happiness tops his plan

That is a man.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Man? by lertee(f): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Kingsleyinfo: Who is a man?

One day my friend and I were just driving around town, when I jokingly said to him, hey bro do you know you are still a boy? He took a glance at me from the steering wheel, and laughed, “of course I am still a boy”. Now this is a friend who is married and has two kids already.
Then he went further and said, “hey just because I have two kids and am married, doesn’t mean am willing to give up on boyhood pleasures”.
Well at least he knows himself, but can that be said of a lot of guys out there?
So many call themselves men, but their mentality leaves much to be desired, age is really nothing but a number when it comes to such kind of guys.
A guy who doesn’t respect ladies isn’t yet a man,
A guy who doesn’t understand responsibility isn’t yet a man,
A guy who still beats a woman, is still learning to be a man,
A guy who would go into a fight publicly or even secretly at the slightest provocation, has issues to resolve before he can call himself a man.
A guy who will willingly depend on a lady to have his needs met!!!
Hmmmmm, I nor even know wetin to call that one sef.
I might be wrong though, because these are just my opinions, and has no statistical backing whatsoever.
Feel free to disagree or concur.
Therefore in your own opinion who is a MAN?
The opposite of most of the things in bold define a man.

(1) (Reply)

What Could Have Been? / Girls, You Don't Need To Be A House Maid To Make Him Know U A Wife Material / Shocking:the Devil Was Inside Them:say Pastor Who Molested 6 Year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.