Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,228 members, 7,839,211 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Driving Rules In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Rules In Nigeria (16959 Views)

You And Traffic Rules In Nigeria. / Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / 25 Rules For Driving In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by chiderao: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
My dear visit any of driving school in Nigeria they will educates you more,,,stop this madness.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
Becareful of those He_Goats called Local Goverment Traffic Waden. If you make any slight mistake where them dey Na 20k with beg oo. Those Yaba Loacal Government Waden Alway put on Brown Uniform with the Name of Yaba Local Government on it. They are everywhere. Their own pass police own o.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by joyidarauko: 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
Be a good driving don't be a learner and speed while driving
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by kflexxy(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
Candid Advice: Goto a driving school, you'll get the basic infos there...
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by jascopassion(m): 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
I knw before coming here to ask. We shd educate those who don't have access to driving school
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by elektra80: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
This is what u get when every question makes front page. Too many trolls
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by mooregan(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
NEVER slow down at any Zebra crossing, u r not a Zebra.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Anniettieufia(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
Always get daily updates .

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
Comedy drivers
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Make sure your car horn is loud!.... Not just loud.... But real, loud...
Don't overspeed..... 60 / 80 is ok on the highway.... But streets, pls slow down...
Watch out for those erratic Danfo drivers.....avoid them like plague... And always press the car horn, when about to drive close to them by the side, so u can drive off easily without being bashed , especially when the danfos are branching out from their bus stops...... So they know onetime , a vehicle is coming...
Your leg must always be breathing above your breaks , to press mildly , just incase a Danfo driver is moving out of his lane without looking his sides.... Or a MAD James Bond driver wants to try his skills with his Oga brand new car or with his dad/ uncles car... Trust me, this types full road plenty.... Only God dey save us !. embarassed
Some drivers feel a car and the road is a game to toy with, forgetting it , it's either it's takes lives to /baba God /or to Deve/ or to ones earthly destination in peace or in pieces.....
The choice is ours...

And lastly always wear your seatbelt.... Pray every morning, very important.....God , don't make me bash no one.... And may no one bash me..na my lane , I dey jeje ..but Especially the James Bond drivers! Whose feets and hands are itching to shows their dumb skills....I watch out for those guys like crazy...
Phew!.... May God help us....amen.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Blackskin: 5:39am On Oct 10, 2013
Asume all d driver dey mad..... And put ur seat belt on........
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by lastpage: 6:37am On Oct 10, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

There are some psychos that drive some milo cans on wheels, they are the danfo drivers, with their "I don't give a F.U.K" mentality, and their F.U.K.E.D up metal containers.

Beware of these ones if you love your ride, because these psychos can't afford to repair your ride if they bash it.

Danfo bash me, l put the driver in my boot, .... off l go!

Except he can produce the repair sum, fast-fast. wink
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by lastpage: 6:40am On Oct 10, 2013
oluface: Becareful of those He_Goats called Local Goverment Traffic Waden. If you make any slight mistake where them dey Na 20k with beg oo. Those Yaba Loacal Government Waden Alway put on Brown Uniform with the Name of Yaba Local Government on it. They are everywhere. Their own pass police own o.

Remember to run them over, if they jump in front of moving vehicle. wink
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by stchinedu: 7:28am On Oct 10, 2013
cry
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by ugoezeik(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2013
carujmonella: Cool.. Listen to my advice as I guide you through what driving rules entails in nigeria

1) Most important of all of them, always carry N50 "egunje" or "bribe" when police stops you

2) No try drop biscuit packs near road safety officials, or else you go pick pin tire

3) Road safety and police are now charging N150. Blame it on global recession undecided

4) Don't drink and drive, but you can "weed" and fly wink

5) Police are NEVER your friend

6) Blast loud music when driving

7) Don't make use of your side mirrors or inner light or inner mirror, it will guarantee you accidents which some driver like grin

8 ) Get ready to see MORE potholes than actual roads

9) Always carry your particulars if you don't want to drop egunje

10) You don't need driving licence as long as you hold egunje

11) No look nyash while driving.. Death/accident is real

13) The most important rule, watch out for CRASHING PLANES coming down from the sky..

Goodluck.. Tenk angry
hahahahahaha, guy l swear you don make me laffffff soteyyy l fall inside pit latrine, na only ur advice fit take ooooo hahahahahaha
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by jascopassion(m): 8:40am On Oct 10, 2013
Amelian: Make sure your car horn is loud!.... Not just loud.... But real, loud...
Don't overspeed..... 60 / 80 is ok on the highway.... But streets, pls slow down...
Watch out for those erratic Danfo drivers.....avoid them like plague... And always press the car horn, when about to drive close to them by the side, so u can drive off easily without being bashed , especially when the danfos are branching out from their bus stops...... So they know onetime , a vehicle is coming...
Your leg must always be breathing above your breaks , to press mildly , just incase a Danfo driver is moving out of his lane without looking his sides.... Or a MAD James Bond driver wants to try his skills with his Oga brand new car or with his dad/ uncles car... Trust me, this types full road plenty.... Only God dey save us !. embarassed
Some drivers feel a car and the road is a game to toy with, forgetting it , it's either it's takes lives to /baba God /or to Deve/ or to ones earthly destination in peace or in pieces.....
The choice is ours...

And lastly always wear your seatbelt.... Pray every morning, very important.....God , don't make me bash no one.... And may no one bash me..na my lane , I dey jeje ..but Especially the James Bond drivers! Whose feets and hands are itching to shows their dumb skills....I watch out for those guys like crazy...
Phew!.... May God help us....amen.
Well appreciated
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by BrightCar: 8:43am On Oct 10, 2013
hammedkola: Firstly as a learner, don't speed pass [/b]60m, [/b]the electric pole in front of my apartment can tell you why smiley

Lastly, why not take your time and visit a driving school that 'll tell you everything and even practicalize it
60 m/h or 60 km/h or 60 miles per hour which do you mean?
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by wisemikky(m): 8:50am On Oct 10, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

dont you have the so called HIGHWAY CODE in nigeria

every country should have their own and thats were you read all the road rules and donts

https://www.gov.uk/highway-code

ZIM DRILL, in Nigeria rules don't exist and even if they do, it doesn't mean SHIT! cos no one obeys.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by arthgideon: 9:01am On Oct 10, 2013
For Nigerian there isnt any rules. But should try as much as possible not to hit anyone or let someone to hit you. You would have to learn how to brake because you would need it. Watch out for pot holes. Be careful with the police. They are all looking for an opportunity to get money. And good luck with driving. You would need it
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by seyi42k(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2013
oluface: Becareful of those He_Goats called Local Goverment Traffic Waden. If you make any slight mistake where them dey Na 20k with beg oo. Those Yaba Loacal Government Waden Alway put on Brown Uniform with the Name of Yaba Local Government on it. They are everywhere. Their own pass police own o.

I want to advise Nairalanders to stand their ground against any unauthorised traffic warden. The Lagos state constitution only recognises LASTMA & the Police.

Those Yaba guys are criminals and theives. Do not let them harrass you. They have no right to arrest you even if you are on the wrong side of the law. It has gotten to a stage where they now know my face and that of my boss at work because we always take them to task. I have rescued a driver from their hands last 3 weeks and they had to leave the driver alone.

The issue here is that a lot of us do not read our constitution and do not know our rights. Always have a copy of the traffic rules in you car and throw it at there face any time they want to harass you.

Don't ever answer them or hand over your car keys. They are crooks who have been set up by the local govt chairman to raise illegal money. If you notice, their mode of dressing, visage and carriage are no different from that of touts and criminals.

Lastly, as a driver in Lagos, it might be wise to cultivate a lawyer as a friend. If you have money, install cameras in your car, you never know when it will come in handy.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Osbem(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2013
drive with care and pray that you will not fall into any temptation.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by stchinedu: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2013
carujmonella: Cool.. Listen to my advice as I guide you through what driving rules entails in nigeria

1) Most important of all of them, always carry N50 "egunje" or "bribe" when police stops you

2) No try drop biscuit packs near road safety officials, or else you go pick pin tire

3) Road safety and police are now charging N150. Blame it on global recession undecided

4) Don't drink and drive, but you can "weed" and fly wink

5) Police are NEVER your friend

6) Blast loud music when driving

7) Don't make use of your side mirrors or inner light or inner mirror, it will guarantee you accidents which some driver like grin

8 ) Get ready to see MORE potholes than actual roads

9) Always carry your particulars if you don't want to drop egunje

10) You don't need driving licence as long as you hold egunje

11) No look nyash while driving.. Death/accident is real

13) The most important rule, watch out for CRASHING PLANES coming down from the sky..

Goodluck.. Tenk angry
Na true talk o! The way those nyash are packaged these days, one can not but commit LOOKRY. grin
Also, don't drive near airports they are very unsafe
Anytime you hear the sound of a flying airplane, be on your guard and if it sounds too close for comfort, dump your car and RUN for your life to avoid being roasted.
Please, dont ignore this or ask the aviation minister for confirmation.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Tubo3(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2013
adexsimply: 1)Don't drink while driving
2)Don't drive while drinking
Nice one.........
But 1st go n insure d car
Do you know anybody that wants to do Third Party Insurance? Renew his/her Third party Insurance? Or do u know anybody that those not have a Third Party Insurance for his/her private Car, motorcycle or Commercial Car, Bus or Keke? Pls tell the person too call 08063279051 or 081519260116,,,,, thank you
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by toluwaniyahoo(f): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2013
adexsimply: 1)Don't drink while driving
2)Don't drive while drinking

then what shd we do?
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by zyzzx: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2013
Most important rule : every naija driver get problems wey dey bother am...so dey extra careful and treat other drivers as mad persons
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by burlgy: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
Driving is all about being careful and courageous. We learn the process everyday in Lagos. Welcome on board........ grin
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by pheesayor(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
I do see those yaba guys, thanks for the info. According to the law, only LASTMA and Traffic Police can arrest for wrong driving. FRSC and VIO is for vehicle inspection. Know your rights Nigerian, only the ignorants fall victims

seyi42k:

I want to advise Nairalanders to stand their ground against any unauthorised traffic warden. The Lagos state constitution only recognises LASTMA & the Police.

Those Yaba guys are criminals and theives. Do not let them harrass you. They have no right to arrest you even if you are on the wrong side of the law. It has gotten to a stage where they now know my face and that of my boss at work because we always take them to task. I have rescued a driver from their hands last 3 weeks and they had to leave the driver alone.

The issue here is that a lot of us do not read our constitution and do not know our rights. Always have a copy of the traffic rules in you car and throw it at there face any time they want to harass you.

Don't ever answer them or hand over your car keys. They are crooks who have been set up by the local govt chairman to raise illegal money. If you notice, their mode of dressing, visage and carriage are no different from that of touts and criminals.

Lastly, as a driver in Lagos, it might be wise to cultivate a lawyer as a friend. If you have money, install cameras in your car, you never know when it will come in handy.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by safedriveng: 7:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Nigerian highway code not avaialable at road safety office.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing / 7 Frequent Braking Problems You Should Never Ignore / Tinubu Bans FEC Members From Purchase Of Petrol-Dependent Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.