Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Car Diagnostics Before You Go To That Auto Technician (mechanic ) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Diagnostics Before You Go To That Auto Technician (mechanic ) (842 Views)

Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic / Bonanza!!!Auto Diagnostics and Scanning services. / Software For Car Diagnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Diagnostics Before You Go To That Auto Technician (mechanic ) by seun2247: 1:06am On Oct 09, 2013
Car owners/drivers are mostly unaware or ignorant of their car symptoms before going to see an auto technician who are in most cases not well equipped for proper auto diagnosis, you car could be facing more danger if you don't take time to find out the possible causes of the symptoms or causes of auto problem, this post would be to find out what are the possible problems causing the symptoms before you go to see that auto technician or mechanic as their fondly called, ask questions about your everyday low budget vehicles and GOD willing we would do our best to help you answer some of those or problem, so when next you are visiting an auto technician or mechanic you would have been educated to some extent about your car problems.
Re: Car Diagnostics Before You Go To That Auto Technician (mechanic ) by bencham(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
The check engine sign on my Honda Civic 2000 just started showing this morning when i was about going to work. What could be the possible reason?
Re: Car Diagnostics Before You Go To That Auto Technician (mechanic ) by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
bencham: The check engine sign on my Honda Civic 2000 just started showing this morning when i was about going to work. What could be the possible reason?

check engine means the car needs scanning, when scanned a code will be pulled out by the scanner and it will point where the problem is
Re: Car Diagnostics Before You Go To That Auto Technician (mechanic ) by sweetlarry: 6:53am On Oct 11, 2013
what is mean / difference from blue and black smoke from engine.
Re: Car Diagnostics Before You Go To That Auto Technician (mechanic ) by ghadaffi2000(m): 4:48am On Oct 12, 2013
Please help, I drive a mitsubishi galant 2002. My mechanic has been living fat off ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥. The problem with my car is so numerous dat I now fear  my safety. But first, is it true dat the check engine or service engine soon indicator will not come up unless there is a severe need to. Though my car overheats now at the slightest traffic delay $ I have had two cut water pump $ power steering belts in d last two weeks. The car vibrates anytime I turn on the ignition or when I apply the brakes. A jingling sound around my wheel region is also a cause of concern  ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥. Please I need  advise.
Re: Car Diagnostics Before You Go To That Auto Technician (mechanic ) by cardoctor(m): 5:16am On Oct 13, 2013
sweetlarry: what is mean / difference from blue and black smoke from engine.

Blue or whitish smoke from your exhaust indicates weak piston rings, bad valve stem oil seals or a worn out engine.

Black smoke indicates a high concentration of fuel during engine combustion. This could be caused by the following:

Faulty air flow meter
Faulty oxygen sensors
Poor quality fuel
Bad engine valves seats
Wrong ignition timing
Bad or wrong spark plugs
Dirty air filter
Bad or clogged injector nozzles
Faulty stepper motor or throttle head
Bad catalytic converter
Faulty ECU ECM or brainbox (all the same)
Stoooooopid mechanics and rewires that double head gaskets, remove thermostats and wire cooling fans to be permanently on.

Car-Doctor.

(1) (Reply)

Ferrari Designer Unveils Plans For The 2017 Luxury Cruise Train In Japan / Most Xpensive Cars Of 2014 / Which Would You Pick Among These Suvs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.