Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha (33518 Views)

The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
I may have to do some research on these questions and paste them here. But I will appreciate it if I find people to provide some of the answers. Please back them with proofs.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Woke4all(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
angry
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
1. Who is eligible to sacrifice?

2. How should it be done?

3. Can a woman do the slaughtering?

4. What are the conditions that must be met at the slaughter?

5. How is the meat distributed?

more questions to follow.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
I found this..

WHO IS OBLIGED TO OFFER THE SACRIFICE?

'Qurbani' is 'wajib' (compulsory) according to Imam Abu Hanifah (and sunnat - e - muakkadah according to other Imams) upon every 'mukeem' (domiciled) and who possesses 613.35 grams of silver or its equivalent in money, personal ornaments, stock in trade or any other form of wealth which is surplus to his/her basic needs. Each adult member of a family who possesses that much wealth must perform his/her own 'Qurbani' separately.

Hazrat Ibn Umar may Allah be pleased with him reports that the Messenger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him lived in Madinah Munawarah for ten years and performed 'Qurbani' every year. (Tirmizi)

Note: Despite the fact that the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him was not obliged to sacrifice as he never possessed the required amount of wealth, he still did so as can be conceived from the above Hadith.

CAN A SACRIFICE BE MADE ON BEHALF OF SOMEONE ELSE?

A sacrifice can be made on behalf of others such as minor offspring. This offering is not 'wajib' (compulsory) but is 'mustahab' (desirable). Similarly if one decides to sacrifice on behalf of the spouse or a father decides to sacrifice on behalf of an adult offspring (apart from offering his/her own 'Qurbani') can do so with their permission.

A sacrifice can also be made on behalf of a deceased Muslim. This can be classified into three categories:

1.If the deceased had made a will for a sacrifice then, it is permissible to sacrifice to fulfil the will but is incumbent to give all the meat of the sacrificed animal to the poor and needy (those who are entitled to receive 'Zakaat'). ("Vide Shami" vol.5 p293)

2.Whether or not the deceased had made this will, his/her relative or friends can make a 'nafl' (voluntary) sacrifice from their own money; the meat of this sacrificed animal can be partaken by the rich and poor alike.One may make a voluntary sacrifice from one's own wealth for the deceased persons and this meat can partaken by all, rich and poor.

3.If one's intention is of mere remittance of recompense to a dead person then it will be superior to slaughter an animal during the Days of 'Nahar' instead of giving money in charity. This is because reward is attained both for spending wealth and for sacrificing.

In a 'Hadith' it is stated:

Hazrat Hanash may Allah be pleased with him reported: I saw Hazrat Ali may Allah be pleased with him sacrificing two rams. I asked him, "What is this?" He said: "Verily the Messenger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him left instruction to me to sacrifice on his behalf, and so I am sacrificing on his behalf. (Tirmizi, Abu Daud)

Note: Rasulullah peace and blessings be upon him is so generous that he had sacrificed on behalf of his whole 'Ummah' and we see here Hazrat Ali may Allah be pleased with him sacrificing for Rasulullah peace and blessings be upon him after he has passed away. We learn from this that we should also put a share of Rasulullah peace and blessings be upon him in our sacrifice.

3 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
Question: Can a husband & wife add money together to purchase a ram for sacrifice on eid if they can't afford individually?

Answer: if they both have money individually not enough to purchase a ram, they only have one way out according to the Islamic Shariah.

In the Shariah, we are to sacrifice for eid 3 different types or categories of animal 1.camel 2.Cow & 3.Ram or any of its family which includes ram,sheep or goat etc

1.If its a Donkey you want to purchase, it must be up to 7 people that can add money together to sacrifice 1 Donkey.

2.If it is a Cow, the same applies as for a camel, 2,3 or 4 people cannot add resources except 7 people.

3.If it is a Ram or any of its family, 1 person will purchase 1 in the Ram family as you cannot put resources together, you can sacrifice any from this family depending on what you have as cash, you are not to borrow such.

But there is a way out. If the wife & husband have insufficient funds to sacrifice individually, the wife is advised to give her husband her money then the husband would slaughter as Prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him) did say, he(pbuh) said Allahuma haza an Muhammadin wa aali muhammad meaning this is for Me Muhammad & the family of Muhammad. So such wife would also be rewarded & also be happy as it is only one intention for one animal.

If you have the intention of slaughtering an animal for eid, you should not cut your nails or hair after the moon of ZulHajjah has been sighted, do not cut or trim your hair and nails until you have offered the sacrifice.
As Rasool Allah (saw) has ordered:
“When any one of you intending to sacrifice the animal enters in the month (of Dhu’l-Hijja) he should not get his hair or nails touched (cut)” (Muslim 22: 4870).

By Dr Abdul Majeed Alaro

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
I can not confirm that Dr. Abdul Majeed Alaro wrote the above. It is a circulated message.

and on the whole of the posts that I have and would be posting in sha Allah, please do make corrections when need be.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by usermane(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
PEACE TO YOU.
Are u on pilgrimage or do you have anyone at makkah right now or you just want to learn in case of the future?
1. Who is eligible for the sacrifice?
Pilgrims, male or female are the ones eligible. Qur'an 22:28, 34, 67, 2:196.

2. How should it be done?
No complicated procedure. It is done the first morning at mina after leaving arafat and muzdalifa. The animal is slaughtered in the name of GOD. And afterwards the meat is distributed. Qur'an 22 : 28, 22: 34,35,36,67
3. Can a woman do the slaughtering?
Yes, as the one making the sacrifice she can.

4. What are the conditions that must be met at the slaughter?
2:196 tells us not to shave till the sacrifice is done. The name of GOD must be called or invoke before sacrifing the beast(22:36). Anyone forced to shave must compensate by fasting or charity as in 2:196

5. As with 22:28,36 . The meat is distrubuted among the pilgrims, the poor, and the needy.
This is all the Islam states regarding the Animal sacrifice performed by believers to commemorate Abraham 's staunch faith in GOD(37:108, 22:34). Pls do confirm.
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by jel2go(m): 11:58am On Oct 10, 2013
Oga. O pls u can't use donkey as sacrifice to Allah.........
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by ebamma(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
why ram sacrifice?
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
jel2go: Oga. O pls u can't use donkey as sacrifice to Allah.........
are you blaspheming God?subhanalillah.
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Tnx @deol
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by yuzedo: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hi. Plis what is the appropriate greeting to use and beg for ram meat send to my muslim friends? I neeeed to send text message to all my rich friends to greet them on this great holiday plis advice. tenk.

-Cheif sweetus writes from banana iceland ikoyi lagos nigeria africa

9 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Happy Eid-el-Kabir in advance

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by iamswizz(m): 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
I have started planning how to spend my time on that day.. My muslim friends go hear am

3 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Brymo: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
I dont understd.
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Fishout(m): 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
Read nd understood it a little bit.Happy Idi-el- kabir in advance
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by zeanslim(m): 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: Rubbish
Okay cry

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Albaniy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2013
please be informed that the consumption of donkey in Islam is prohibited this also makes It illegal for sacrifice this is an authentic narration from the prophet he found his companions cooking horses and donkeys he instructed them not to eat the donkey but permitted the consumption of horses the animals allowed for sacrifice are;
1.ram
2.cow
3.camel
4.sheep
Allah knows best.

4 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by acaolly1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: Rubbish

Your likes are the cause of religious disintegration, you lack knowledge of religion so you cant condemn it. for you to condemn anything, you must know about it. you only pretend to know Jesus, but you don't know more about Jesus like a true Muslim does...

Morals: don't condemn what you lack Knowledge of, Seek Knowledge first.

4 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
acaolly1:

Your likes are the cause of religious disintegration, you lack knowledge of religion so you cant condemn it. for you to condemn anything, you must know about it. you only pretend to know Jesus, but you don't know more about Jesus like a true Muslim does...

Morals: don't condemn what you lack Knowledge of, Seek Knowledge first.
gilbrish

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by sundyke107: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
Happy Idi-el Kabir in advance to all TRUE muslims out there. May Allah's blessing never departs from you now and forever. I am not a muslim but respect and adore TRUE muslims alot NOT Boko Haram kind of Muslim.

Have a nice celebrations brothers/sisters in Islam.

6 Likes

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
assalam alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu
jst like a correction , donkey cannot be slaugtered as it isnt part of the an'am .
camel is what's missing. so one can slaughter camel, cow, sheep, ram, goat.

and i find the below hyperlink post to have answers to most of the questions posed. i think its also on the front page nairalandislamfor muslims.

[https://www.nairaland.com/1471304/guide-how-slaughter-ram-eid]

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by 2busy: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
Assalamalykum, very intresting topic.
I got a mail this morning from a friend regarding this issue. Find below:

I intend to offer a sacrifice on behalf of myself and my children. Are there any specific characteristics that the animal should have, or is it correct to sacrifice any sheep?.

Praise be to Allaah.
There are six conditions for the udhiyah:
-

It should be one of the an’aam class of animals, which are: camels, cattle, sheep and goats, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And for every nation We have appointed religious ceremonies, that they may mention the Name of Allaah over the beast of cattle that He has given them for food”
[al-Hajj 22:34]
Baheemat al-an’aam (translated here as “beast of cattle”) includes camels, cattle and sheep. This is what is well known among the Arabs, and this was the view of al-Hasan, Qataadah and others.

2. It should have reached the age stipulated in sharee’ah, which is six months for a sheep and the age at which the animal is considered to be an adult for any other animal, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not sacrifice anything but an adult animal, unless it is difficult for you, in which case you may slaughter a six-month old lamb (jadh’ah).” Narrated by Muslim.
A mature animal means one that is considered to be an adult.
In the case of camels it means one that is five years old.
For cattle, it means one that is two years old.
For sheep it means one that is a year old.
The jadh’ah is that which is half a year old. So it is not correct to sacrifice a camel, cow or goat that has not yet reached maturity, or a sheep that is less than six months old.

-3-
It should be free of any faults that would render it unsuitable for sacrifice, of which there are four

a– An obvious defect in one eye, such as when the eye is sunken in its socket, or when it sticks out like a button, or is white and obviously defective.
b– Obvious sickness, whose symptoms are clearly apparent in the animal, such as fever that prevents it from grazing and causes loss of appetite; mange that obviously affects its flesh or its health; deep wounds that affect its health, and so on.
c – Obvious lameness, which prevents the animal from walking normally.
d – Emaciation that leaves no marrow in the bones, when the

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about what should be avoided in udhiyah, he gestured with his hand and said: “Four: a lame animal which is obviously lame, a one-eyed animal whose defect is obvious, a sick animal whose sickness is obvious, and an emaciated animal that no one would choose.” Narrated by Maalik in al-Muwatta’ from the hadeeth of al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib. According to a hadeeth narrated from him in al-Sunan, he said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood up among us and said: ‘There are four which are not permissible for sacrifice,’” and he mentioned something similar. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 1148.

These four faults render an animal unsuitable for sacrifice, and they include similar faults or more severe faults. So the following animals are also unsuitable for sacrifice:
i- One that is blind in both eyes.
ii- One that has eaten more than it can stand, until the danger has passed.
iii- One that has encountered difficulty in giving birth, until all danger has passed.
iv- One that has suffered something that could kill it, such as strangulation or a fall from a high place, until the danger has passed.
v- One that is unable to walk because of a defect.
vi- One that has had one of its forelegs or hind legs cut off.
If these are added to the four defects mentioned in the text, the number of those that cannot be offered as sacrifices reaches ten – these six and the four mentioned above.

-4-
The animal should belong to the person who is offering the sacrifice, or he should have permission for that either on the grounds of sharee’ah or from the owner. The sacrifice is not valid if the animal slaughtered does not belong to the person who is sacrificing it, such as one that has been taken by force, stolen, or taken on the basis of a false claim, etc, because it is not permissible to draw closer to Allaah by means of sin. A sacrifice offered by the guardian of an orphan from the orphan’s property is valid if that is customary and if he feels sad about not offering a sacrifice.
A sacrifice offered by a guardian from the property of the person under his care is valid, if done with permission.

-5-
No one else should have any rights to the sacrificial animal; the sacrifice of an animal that is held in pledge is not valid

6. It should be slaughtered at the time specified in sharee’ah, which is from after the Eid prayer on the Day of Sacrifice until sunset on the last of the days of al-Tashreeq, which is the 13th of Dhu’l-Hijjah. So the days when the sacrificed may be offered are four: the day of Eid after the prayer, and the three days after that. Whoever slaughters it before the Eid prayer is over, or after sun sets on the 13th of Dhu’l-Hijjah, his sacrifice is not valid, because of the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari from al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever slaughters (his sacrifice) before the prayer, it is meat that he has brought to his family, but that is not the sacrifice.” And he narrated that Jundub ibn Sufyaan al-Bajali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying, ‘Whoever slaughters the sacrifice before he prays, let him replace it with another.’” And it was narrated that Nubayshah al-Hadhali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The days of al-Tashreeq are the days of eating, drinking and remembering Allaah.’” Narrated by Muslim.

But if he has an excuse for delaying it beyond the days of Tashreeq, such as if the animal ran away, without there being any negligence on his part, and he could not find it until after the time was over, or he appointed someone else to slaughter it and that person forgot until the time was over, then there is nothing wrong with slaughtering it after the appointed time. This is by analogy with the one who sleeps and misses a prayer, or forgets it – he should pray it as soon as he wakes up or remember it.

[b]It is permissible to slaughter the udhiyah at any time, night or day, but it is better to slaughter it during the day, [/b]and it is better to slaughter on the day of Eid after the two khutbahs. Each day is better than the day that follows it, because that means that one is hastening to do good.

Islam Q&A

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
jel2go: Oga. O pls u can't use donkey as sacrifice to Allah.........

Thank you. I have edited it to Camel. It must have been lost in translation.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by dustydee: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
deols: If you have the intention of slaughtering an animal for eid, you should not cut your nails or hair after the moon of ZulHajjah has been sighted, do not cut or trim your hair and nails until you have offered the sacrifice. As Rasool Allah (saw) has ordered:
“When any one of you intending to sacrifice the animal enters in the month (of Dhu’l-Hijja) he should not get his hair or nails touched (cut)” (Muslim 22: 4870).

By Dr Abdul Majeed Alaro
Why?
Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
GOOD ATTITUDE EVEN IN SLAUGHTER AND KILLING AND SHARPENING OF LARGE KNIFE

Book 021, Number 4810:
Shaddid b. Aus said: Two are the things which I remember Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: Verily Allah has enjoined goodness to everything; so when you kill, kill in a good way and when you slaughter, slaughter in a good way. So every one of you should sharpen his knife, and let the slaughtered animal die comfortably.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha by deols(f): 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
PROPER TIME FOR SACRIFICE

Book 022, Number 4818:
Jundab b. Sufyan reported: I was with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the day of 'Id al-Adha. While he had not returned after having offered (the Id prayer) and finished it, he saw the flesh of the sacrificial animals which had been slaughtered before he had completed the prayer. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: One who slaughtered his sacrificial animal before his prayer or our prayer ('Id), he should slaughter another one in its stead, and he who did not slaughter, he should slaughter by reciting the name of Allah.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Sexual Dreams ? / What Are The Do's And Don'ts Of A Muslim? / Maryam Ahmad Gumi Dies! Sheikh Gumi Losses Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.