Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. (5301 Views)

Ihsaan - The Spiritual Essence Of Islam / Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? / Why Israhell Wants To Destroy Masjid Al-aqsa... Must Read Please !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
Malls and Masjids

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The dearest parts on the face of the earth near Allah are its mosques, and the most hated parts near Allah are its markets.” [Sahih Muslim]

The superiority of the mosques is obvious. People pray and worship Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) in mosques. They recite the Quran in it and encourage one another to obey Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). The mosque in the time of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) was also the head quarters of the Islamic State. Foreign delegations were received there, the consultative assembly was held in Masjid-e-Nabwi, and all matters of state were discussed therein.

On the other hand, malls and bazaars are where people forget Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). The adhan and time of prayer go unnoticed. Shaitaan makes us indulge in such forbidden acts as fraud, lying, gossiping, checking people out and wasting money.

Malls and bazaars are disliked for the many sins that are likely to occur in them, not least of which is taking Allah’s blessings and favours for granted. Shops taunt us with their glittery ware, flaunting before us all that we do not possess of material goods, while possessing these things is of no value to our everlasting life. We end up wasting our money which we could have used to come closer to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala).

Spending more time than necessary in market places is also a waste of another precious commodity: time. “Hanging out”, “window shopping” and “killing time” are the very antithesis of an Islamic understanding of life. During an exam does any sane person do anything except focus on getting the exam questions answered correctly? We are in an exam until we die. What we do every second that we are alive, counts in the final assessment. We can’t afford to waste time. The purpose of life is simply to qualify for Allah’s Grace and His granting us everlasting happiness in Jannah. There is no other purpose to life. .

10 Likes

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by deols(f): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
wow..

thank you for this. I knew of the hadith about markets being the worst of places and I never put much thoughts to malls in that way. The glitters,etc.

But some malls have mosques with adhan being called from them. There, forgetting the time of prayer does not hold.

and again, women may not benefit much from the sanctity of the mosque since the best place for their prayers is in their home. The market seem like where you will find them more than the mosques. What do you have to say concerning this?

2 Likes

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by tpia5: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
following.
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yeah! Some Malls have Mosque(s) within them, but adha'an goes unnoticed.
Concerning market women, it is advisable & more beneficial for them, to observe their prayers in a place devoid of perennial noise obtainable in a typical market/stall/mall. They should do this, with a utmost dedication & dedication expected of a pious believer/servant standing before his/her Creator. Wa llahu a'alam

1 Like

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by tpia5: 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
not sure how adhaan would go unnoticed inside a mosque, but i guess it can happen.
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by tpia5: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
Concerning market women, it is advisable & more beneficial for them, to observe their prayers in a place devoid of perennial noise obtainable in a typical market/stall/mall. They should do this, with a utmost dedication & dedication expected of a pious believer/servant

true.
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by deols(f): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Moshood Alanamu: Yeah! Some Malls have Mosque(s) within them, but adha'an goes unnoticed.
Concerning market women, it is advisable & more beneficial for them, to observe their prayers in a place devoid of perennial noise obtainable in a typical market/stall/mall. They should do this, with a utmost dedication & dedication expected of a pious believer/servant standing before his/her Creator. Wa llahu a'alam

No. I was not talking of market women. I meant that women would spend more time in the market than in mosques.

The last time I was in a mosque was in ramadan but I have been in a market more often.

Was just saying that, for women, benefiting from all that a mosque provides may not be possible since their prayers are better said in their home.
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
deols:

No. I was not talking of market women. I meant that women would spend more time in the market than in mosques.

The last time I was in a mosque was in ramadan but I have been in a market more often.

Was just saying that, for women, benefiting from all that a mosque provides may not be possible since their prayers are better said in their home.
Of course
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
basilico: The turkish prime minister said mosques are barracks, domes are shields, minarets are our bayonets, people are the army. Not a nice picture of sanctity from your description. Ill go along with erdogan on this not with the OP. Allahu akbar.
It will do more good if you can oblige yourself to be regulated by the dictates of your belief, not by the philosophies of fellow mortal.
Peruse critically, perhaps you may comprehend better.

2 Likes

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by 9jahubcom(m): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
tpia@:
not sure how adhaan would go unnoticed inside a mosque, but i guess it can happen.
lol
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by olahero(m): 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Jazakallahu khair .......nice thread
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by IleIfe2(m): 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
praying rooms should not be in malls again? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by yekfemi: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
That is the truth my brother the real truth

1 Like

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
deols:

@bold, why is it better for women to pray at home?
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by TheProdigy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
De Beauvoir:

@bold, why is it better for women to pray at home?

To avoid spreading fitna.
To have more time for caring for family.

1 Like

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
The_Prodigy:

To avoid spreading fitna.
To have more time for caring for family.

Thank you.
Please what is fitna?
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Danmas: 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Thank you.
Please what is fitna?
fitna: anythng that causes distract 2 someone, wether physical, psychological. And you knw women always like to call attention. Wallahu aalam.
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Danmas: 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Thank you.
Please what is fitna?
fitna: any thing that causes distract 2 someone, wether physical, psychological. And you knw women always like to call attention. Wallahu aalam.
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Danmas:
fitna: any thing that causes distract 2 someone, wether physical, psychological. And you knw women always like to call attention. Wallahu aalam.
Thanks.
Its interesting what your religion thinks of women.

1 Like

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by azezola(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Jzk
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by rabzy01: 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
Surah Al-Jinn, Verse 18:

وَأَنَّ الْمَسَاجِدَ لِلَّهِ فَلَا تَدْعُوا مَعَ اللَّهِ أَحَدًا

Meaning:

"And the mosques are for Allah (Alone), so invoke not anyone along with Allah."

(English - Mohsin Khan)
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by njuwo(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ok
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by sim99: 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
De Beauvoir:
Thanks.
Its interesting what your religion thinks of women.
Whatever is your thought, know that Islâm provides an ideal,decent,healthy and morally upright society by its ethics for the genders.
Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
sim99:
Whatever is your thought, know that Islâm provides an ideal,decent,healthy and morally upright society by its ethics for the genders.
I disagree.

1 Like

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Judek2(m): 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
Oh !!!!, I got it.....

This is the reason why Boko guys target the markets more often..

1 Like

Re: Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. by Shittuakeem(m): 12:38am On Oct 19, 2013
masjid the house of Allah!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Truth Vs. Lie / Islamic Lecture: Mufti Menk In Lagos / Women And Depression (for Muslim Women)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.