Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad (950 Views)

Strange Car Spotted At Ikotun, Lagos Yesterday(pics) / Brake Pad Job(BMW 318Ci) / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad by tuasefemi(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
Please car experts in the house, my nissan maxima 2000 makes some sound around the front right tyre, most especially on rough roads. I have changed the arm and brake pad but to no avail. I also notice some vibrations whenever I apply brake on high speed. Also, if I hit the tyre with my hand I hear the sound around the brake pad/rotor and my mic says the rotor's still ok.
Could this be a problem with the rotor or something else? Your advice please before I spend my whole fortunes on this. Thanks and God bless!
Re: Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
The vibration on application of brake may have to do with ur brake disc. let ur mechanic check the state of ur brake disc. The noise from ur explanation may have something to do with the hub or camber. let ur mechanic check the two.
Re: Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
tuasefemi: Please car experts in the house, my nissan maxima 2000 makes some sound around the front right tyre, most especially on rough roads. I have changed the arm and brake pad but to no avail. I also notice some vibrations whenever I apply brake on high speed. Also, if I hit the tyre with my hand I hear the sound around the brake pad/rotor and my mic says the rotor's still ok.
Could this be a problem with the rotor or something else? Your advice please before I spend my whole fortunes on this. Thanks and God bless!

Anti-sway bar BUSHINGS.
Anti-sway bar LINKS
Lower control ARMS
Quick-STRUTS

?
Re: Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad by tuasefemi(m): 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
kaorama: The vibration on application of brake may have to do with ur brake disc. let ur mechanic check the state of ur brake disc. The noise from ur explanation may have something to do with the hub or camber. let ur mechanic check the two.

Thanks man! But what are hub and camber? Can u shed more light on them, thanks once again!
Re: Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad by tuasefemi(m): 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=IdaraCHODB]

Anti-sway bar BUSHINGS.
Anti-sway bar LINKS
Lower control ARMS
Quick-STRUTS

Thanks bro but I'm not familiar with these terms, can u please break them down so that my mic and myself can get the true pictures of the probs? Thanks and God bless!
Re: Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad by patrickbriggs17: 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
tuasefemi: Please car experts in the house, my nissan maxima 2000 makes some sound around the front right tyre, most especially on rough roads. I have changed the arm and brake pad but to no avail. I also notice some vibrations whenever I apply brake on high speed. Also, if I hit the tyre with my hand I hear the sound around the brake pad/rotor and my mic says the rotor's still ok.
always?
Re: Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad by IdaraCHODB(m): 5:15am On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Help Please Car Gurus.....strange Sound Around Tyre/rotor/brake Pad by tuasefemi(m): 5:15am On Oct 11, 2013
patrickbriggs17: always?

Yeah always, especially on a rough road

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Car To You? How Does Your Ride Make You Feel? / SCAN VEHICLE @ 1000 Naira / More About Engine Overheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.