Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! (862 Views)

Clover, South-African Company Withdraws From Nigeria / JUMIA Nigeria – The First African Company To Win World Retail Congress Award / Does Anyone Know If A South African Company Offered To Buy Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by bizngr(f): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
Wow! This is incredible. So glad a Nigerian retail won the award. Who says something good can't still come out of this country should think again! Congratulations guys.
Read the full story here. http://www.bizngr.com/entrepreneurs/jumia-won-world-retail-award-becomes-first-african-company-win-award/

The rest of us, let's keep trying. Our hustle will pay off soon.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by Youngzedd(m): 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
Good for them and 9ja as a whole.

We started from the bottom and now we are here.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Woow.. Im happy for the co founders.
The next african company to win it next year will be:
UsaCallSms.com a telecom solution company that configures your existing simcard to a U.S/ foreign numbers capable of making call(with u.s caller i.d) , receiving call and sms all done from your mobile phone without app or software required.
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by henrimoto(m): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
websolushun: Woow.. Im happy for the co founders.
UsaCallSms.com a telecom solution company that configures your existing simcard to a U.S and foreign numbers capable of making call(with u.s caller i.d) , receiving call and sms all done from your mobile phone without app or software required.
weldone bro. you give aid and link to fraudsters....
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by everyday: 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
I wish JUMIA all the best
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
henrimoto: weldone bro. you give aid and link to fraudsters....
Dont look at it the wrong way bro.
It can be put into good use for online registration and verification purposes.
If you have a foreign number, your business wont just be limited to nigerians only.
Your business clients and prospects will like to call you because your number depicts that you arent far from them and also the call cost will be cheaper than calling your nigerian number.

Remember every situation can be exploited including this service. It all comes down to how you intend to make use, good use of the service.
Take for instance, the internet, if the gov. decides to ban internet simply because of fraud, will that be justified? What about the good benefits the internet has to offer.
If Western Union gets banned because it indirectly facilitates fraud, will it be justified? What about a good number of people who make use of it for legit business transactions.
So my friend i'm aware it will be exploited but it has more good than harm.

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by bizngr(f): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2013
I admire your enthusiasm! That's the spirit! And you will get it. Stay focus, work hard, do not compromise and you will get there!
websolushun: Woow.. Im happy for the co founders.
UsaCallSms.com a telecom solution company that configures your existing simcard to a U.S and foreign numbers capable of making call(with u.s caller i.d) , receiving call and sms all done from your mobile phone without app or software required.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by bizngr(f): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2013
Let's ask him what the value of the business is? You are correct. This approach gives a leeway to fraudster. So can you tell us Websolushun who your target markets are?
henrimoto: weldone bro. you give aid and link to fraudsters....
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2013
bizngr: I admire your enthusiasm! That's the spirit! And you will get it. Stay focus, work hard, do not compromise and you will get there!
finally someone who understands business. Thanks for the heads up.
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by bizngr(f): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2013
You welcome. I also like your response to the negative impact of your business. Now, we understand better and that's the real deal.
websolushun:
finally someone who understands business. Thanks for the heads up.
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 11, 2013
bizngr: Let's ask him what the value of the business is? You are correct. This approach gives a leeway to fraudster. So can you tell us Websolushun who your target markets are?
Good question.
My target audience are online businesses finding it difficult to attract foreign clients and also helping them reduce international call cost.

Also Webmasters and Internet marketers need U.S numbers to complete registrations on some classified sites
like ebay, craiglist etc.

Anyone can easily get accepted into high paying online survey program with a U.S number.

You will get lots of patronage on Freelance sites like Elance, freelancer, Fiverr etc if you have a U.S or foreign contact number.

If you make lots of international calls to a particular country, for instance calling your suppliers in China, your call cost will be alot cheaper
if you have a China number which your suppliers can reach you on and also you can call them at reduced cost with your own China number.

There are lots of other services that provide PBX, call forwarding, voip, virtual, DID numbers but most of them do not offer sms delivery and they also require you to download apps and softwares to enable you make and receive calls.
But with UsaCallSms, you not only make and receive calls without apps or softwares, you also get sms delivered directly to your phone line.

Im sure now you understand better.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by henrimoto(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2013
websolushun:
Dont look at it the wrong way bro.
It can be put into good use for online registration and verification purposes.
If you have a foreign number, your business wont just be limited to nigerians only.
Your business clients and prospects will like to call you because your number depicts that you arent far from them and also the call cost will be cheaper than calling your nigerian number.

Remember every situation can be exploited including this service. It all comes down to how you intend to make use, good use of the service.
Take for instance, the internet, if the gov. decides to ban internet simply because of fraud, will that be justified? What about the good benefits the internet has to offer.
If Western Union gets banned because it indirectly facilitates fraud, will it be justified? What about a good number of people who make use it for legit business transactions.
So my friend i'm aware it will be exploited but it has more good than harm.
thanks for your patience and maturity in handling my response. how do you go about reloading airtime on the u.s number?

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 11, 2013
henrimoto: thanks for your patience and maturity in handling my response. how do you go about reloading airtime on the u.s number?
You are highly welcome.
All you need do is contact support for refill and it will be done.
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by bizngr(f): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
There we go! all cleared. Nice one guys.
henrimoto: thanks for your patience and maturity in handling my response. how do you go about reloading airtime on the u.s number?
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 12, 2013
bizngr: There we go! all cleared. Nice one guys.
Thanks
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by bizngr(f): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
You welcome.
websolushun:
Thanks
Re: JUMIA Won World Retail Award, Becomes First African Company To Win The Award! by riteprice1: 8:02am On Nov 04, 2013
Good one for Jumia

(1) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Launches The Sterling-arsenal Debit Cards / How To Become A Successful Nigerian Wedding Planner / Nigeria Postal Service 2013 Rating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.