Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Things U Dont Know About Ur Body - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Things U Dont Know About Ur Body (684 Views)

Health: Some Medical Facts You Probably Dont Know / How Do U Feel When U Dont Brush Your Teeth? / 10 Crazy Drugs You Dont Know(and Dont Want To Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things U Dont Know About Ur Body by Obaino2013(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
People find it difficult to understand their body make-up or chemistry. Sometimes you tend to wonder why you react the way you do – how you respond to stimuli, why the eyes blink after some seconds and how you never get tired of breathing.

Here are some things you should know about the body:

Splashing cold water on the face helps you calm down-  When you splash water on the face, three changes occurs in the body within few seconds:
-the heart rate slows down up to 25 percent
-the blood flow to the limbs are reduced, just to make sure the brain and the heart receive enough oxygen.
-there is a blood shift that occurs only during deep dives. This allows the blood plasma and water to pass through organs to protect them against the increasing pressure.
You could try it before business meeting or simply a date. You can activate this reflex by using a cold wet towel.

There are between 2 and 5 pounds of bacteria in the body:
According to the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, (HNM) of Maryland, every person hosts 2-5 pounds of live bacteria. Some of them are actually helpful and we depend on them for survival. The bacteria found in yoghurt (lactobacil), is proven to be useful for easing diarrhoea caused by antibiotics. The largest population of bacteria in the body is found in the intestines.

Laughing when you get tickled is a panic response. That’s why you can’t tickle yourself.  According to scientist discovery, the feeling we get when someone tickles us is a panic response.
However, when you touch your ticklish spots the brain is prepared for it and doesn’t respond with panic.
Needing to pee improves impulse control
Research suggest that holding your pee can actually help control impulses and allow you to make better and  clear headed decisions. Though the logical thing to do at the time pee comes is to visit the toilet. Try doing it while having to pee.
There’s a scientific explanation for why the car trip home feels shorter than the car trip away.
The wait seems longer because you look forward to getting there with high expectations.
Because home is very familiar it has a rich mental representation. That makes home feel like a larger geographical area than the less mentally familiar destination.The most efficient way to shorten the amount of time perceived on a trip is simply falling asleep in the car.
 The chills you get when listening to music are caused by the release of dopamine in your body – Dopamine is a neurotransmitter. It is a chemical messenger that helps in the transmission of signals in the brain and other vital areas. Dopamine naturally produced by your brain makes you feel good. You get a rush of dopamine in response to pleasurable activities like food or sex.
The release of dopamine during music explains why such a high value is put on it and why music can manipulate emotions.
Source-www.readersdigest.ca

1 Like

Re: Things U Dont Know About Ur Body by oxygen47: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nice one @ op
Very educative
However, I suggest U make use of paragraphs, numbering and bullets
Re: Things U Dont Know About Ur Body by topas100(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Great article
Re: Things U Dont Know About Ur Body by Obaino2013(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
oxygen47: Nice one @ op
Very educative
However, I suggest U make use of paragraphs, numbering and bullets
NOTED! Thanks.
Re: Things U Dont Know About Ur Body by Obaino2013(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
topas100: Great article
Thanks.
Re: Things U Dont Know About Ur Body by Localamos(m): 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nice post. but I can't hold my pee much longer …

1 Like

Re: Things U Dont Know About Ur Body by Obaino2013(m): 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Localamos: Nice post. but I can't hold my pee much longer …
Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need To Know Why People Sleep With Their Lights On/off? / First Condom Design To Kill HIV / Please Take Time And Read:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.