Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

GLO Cheating Us Of Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GLO Cheating Us Of Data (4103 Views)

In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015? / The New Airtel 10 Padis With Free 15mb Of Data. / Mtn Free 1gb Of Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GLO Cheating Us Of Data by J0sh007: 2:01am On Oct 12, 2013
A month ago around the time when Glo rolled out their bounce plan i remember a nairalander stating that the 30mb bonus per 200naira recharge is actually less than 30mb in practice. Then a few weeks ago a friend was lamenting to me about same but i didnt take him serious. I use glo gbam and i use the 5mb daily bonus as just an extra source of data until recently that i started using it full time that i noticed that the 5mb was not even up to that in practice. My browser records an amount of data usage for a session and when i check my data balance what i have left is far less than what it ought to be. I even used other networks to compare my browser data usage with my balances and it was accurate! Why would they do that if its just 3mb u'll give us for g-bam just say and if its 10mb for bounce talk am make we sabi haba na by force to give free data?! Anyone else noticed this?

1 Like

Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by stan4b(m): 2:42am On Oct 12, 2013
Am on d glo gbam plan too,but i haven't observe d cheating u r talking about. May b its cos i don't av a device to measure my data usage.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 6:20am On Oct 12, 2013
J0sh007: A month ago around the time when Glo rolled out their bounce plan i remember a nairalander stating that the 30mb bonus per 200naira recharge is actually less than 30mb in practice. Then a few weeks ago a friend was lamenting to me about same but i didnt take him serious. I use glo gbam and i use the 5mb daily bonus as just an extra source of data until recently that i started using it full time that i noticed that the 5mb was not even up to that in practice. My browser records an amount of data usage for a session and when i check my data balance what i have left is far less than what it ought to be. I even used other networks to compare my browser data usage with my balances and it was accurate! Why would they do that if its just 3mb u'll give us for g-bam just say and if its 10mb for bounce talk am make we sabi haba na by force to give free data?! Anyone else noticed this?

The G-BAM free data have no issues, not even from day 1 of its launched, so, verify your claims. Meanwhile, that's what I have been using for the past 4 days now.

As for the Bounce, yes, there were issues regarding the real amount of data GLO were offering. It was less than 8MB initially but now, it has been corrected. 30MB is now actually 30MB, no more, no less.

However, the challenge I am currently facing with the free Bounce data bonus is the fact that, all my Emails are synching but it refused to connect me to the Internet for 4 days running now.
Does anyone have the same issue with their free Bounce data bonus?

1 Like

Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by obi4eze(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2013
Airtel on point for now.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2013
u guys should download float network from play store to measure your data usage
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by psalmdave(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2013
can someone please state the various glo data plans for me, Thank u
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
psalmdave: can someone please state the various glo data plans for me, Thank u
Instant Surf N100 for 13MB. Text 51 to 127.
One Week N400 for 65MB. Text 52 to 127.
Always Micro N1,000 for 260MB. Text 53 to 127.
Always Macro N3,000 for 1.5GB. Text 54 to 127.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by psalmdave(m): 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
luluosas:
Instant Surf N100 for 13MB. Text 51 to 127.
One Week N400 for 65MB. Text 52 to 127.
Always Micro N1,000 for 260MB. Text 53 to 127.
Always Macro N3,000 for 1.5GB. Text 54 to 127.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
psalmdave: Thanks
You are welcome.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by seunlayi(m): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
How would i been having more than 600mb and glo gradually making it useless without connecting? Glo, u are wicked o
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
seunlayi: How would i been having more than 600mb and glo gradually making it useless without connecting? Glo, u are wicked o
Try glogwap APN and text PAYU to 127, you should be able to browse.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by J0sh007: 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
^^I use glosecure apn make sure u set username and password as wap. And authorization method to secure

1 Like

Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2013
J0sh007: ^^I use glosecure apn make sure u set username and password as wap. And authorization method to secure
Username and Password for the glosecure APN is gprs please. Do check out. Thank you.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by J0sh007: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2013
luluosas:
Username and Password for the glosecure APN is gprs please. Do check out. Thank you.
wap or gprs both works
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by J0sh007: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2013
This is not funny anymore! I didnt use up to 5mb and my glo data is finished. The same thing happened yesterday!. Try monitoring ur usage opera mini has monitors uc browser has monitors.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
J0sh007: This is not funny anymore! I didnt use up to 5mb and my glo data is finished. The same thing happened yesterday!. Try monitoring ur usage opera mini has monitors uc browser has monitors.
Well, I have been using my free 30MB data bonus since 2PM today and I still have 26MB remaining right now.
So, I don't think what you are saying is correct because, GLO have since resolved the problems on the free Bounce data bonus. Thank you.

Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 16, 2013
J0sh007: This ,is not funny anymore! I didnt use up to 5mb and my glo data is finished. The same thing happened yesterday!. Try monitoring ur usage opera mini has monitors uc browser has monitors.

When I switched off hotspot, my Balance was 70MB. Another time i picked my phone to browse, i first checked the balance and i was alarmed when i saw 28MB. I opened Flipboard for 5 minutes, the data went down to 7MB. Glo is being dishonest about the 30MB bonus.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by J0sh007: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
pekelepekele:

You can say that again bro and in fact their new style of scamming people now is through their browsing data . Glo 4gb is just 3gb but you won't notice that if you are not checking on the graph
Proved
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by Randerl: 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please when we are serious about glo related issues be serious. I Take God Beg U.

luluosas:
Well, I have been using my free 30MB data bonus since 2PM today and I still have 26MB remaining right now.
So, I don't think what you are saying is correct because, GLO have since resolved the problems on the free Bounce data bonus. Thank you.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by Randerl: 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Meanwhile, Just for the Records.

Despite being the SN0, they still behave like mtn in high costs, act like airtel in bad data connectivity and instead of updating their networks, they hoplessly waste tons of money on advertising like etisalat.

Glo is one of the greatest Telcom fraud ever known to Nigerians and Africans.

And thats a Nigerian company that has never been competitive, with shody CC services. They expect you to stay awake calling their substandard CC. And some guys think the rubbish network is doing them fine by using their airtime to call CC for assistance.

Instead of driving the costs of internet connection down, the Glo-.1 project is just a publicity stunt, a non functional paper work and a complete mirage in the annals of Internet Connection.

If I can get paid for doing a Nice Job, l expect nothing less for the services am paying.

Glo .1mb = .100kb

on my 4n
Glo 5mb = 270kb l used.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 3:36am On Oct 17, 2013
Randerl: Please when we are serious about glo related issues be serious. I Take God Beg U.

I should be serious to join you in lying? That can't be na.
In case you don't know. I don't speak on hearsay about GLO, I speak on reality and what I have proved to be true because, GLO remain my one and only network of choice, even though I don't subscribe to their paid data subscription anymore.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by obi4eze(m): 8:14am On Oct 17, 2013
I don't just understand what's happening to glo. I use airtel on my PC but glo bounce free data on my phone and it's just not funny at all. Right now, I have 21MB as free data but I can't browse the internet. This has been going on for a while and I called their CC and they told me to switch off my phone, remove my SIM and reinsert it but it didn't work. This may be a new way of attracting customers and scamming them.

Maybe Oga luluosas is a special customer cheesy For me, glo bounce is a scam.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by aceTS: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2013
luluosas:
I should be serious to join you in lying? That can't be na.
In case you don't know. I don't speak on hearsay about GLO, I speak on reality and what I have proved to be true because, GLO remain my one and only network of choice, even though I don't subscribe to their paid data subscription anymore.
refrain from calling pple liars abeg.ur reality is, glo is working for u perfectly.for others, reality is tons of frusration from using glo.they are not lying.neither are u im sure.if you don't work for glo,then stop talking as if you do.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
aceTS:
refrain from calling pple liars abeg.ur reality is, glo is working for u perfectly.for others, reality is tons of frusration from using glo.they are not lying.neither are u im sure.if you don't work for glo,then stop talking as if you do.
Please, what is my offence here? I simply told you that I can't speak ill of what is not true on my path and you turned it to mean that, I luluosas, is calling people liars.
Anyway, please, whosoever feel offended by my comments, I apologize to you all. I am very sorry for painting you people as liars. Please, forgive me all. Thank you.

@aceTS, ah! You ought to know before now that I have no form of relationship whatsoever with GLO. I am simply a satisfied subscriber, who at the same do antagonize GLO, when they offer me less than satisfactory service.
Thank you.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
obi4eze: I don't just understand what's happening to glo. I use airtel on my PC but glo bounce free data on my phone and it's just not funny at all. Right now, I have 21MB as free data but I can't browse the internet. This has been going on for a while and I called their CC and they told me to switch off my phone, remove my SIM and reinsert it but it didn't work. This may be a new way of attracting customers and scamming them.

Maybe Oga luluosas is a special customer cheesy For me, glo bounce is a scam.
Please, what's the APN you are using?
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by obi4eze(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
luluosas:
Please, what's the APN you are using?

APN: glosecure
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
obi4eze:

APN: glosecure
Okay. Truly gloflat APN with password and username set to flat.
Then, text PAYU to 127 and try browse after that.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by obi4eze(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
luluosas:
Okay. Truly gloflat APN with password and username set to flat.
Then, text PAYU to 127 and try browse after that.

It's better now. Thanks a lot.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2013
obi4eze:

It's better now. Thanks a lot.
You are welcome.
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by J0sh007: 10:35am On Oct 24, 2013
God catch glo. I've been complaining now i've got them back. Before i started this session i had 1mb data left now i've downloaded 50mb worth of files And counting. Dats hw i'll keep milking them. For the first time in my life i discovered a browsing cheat myself. In fact i'm using it now and i just cranked my browser image settings to max!. Mwah josh u too bad
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by Obinnau(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2013
J0sh007: God catch glo. I've been complaining now i've got them back. Before i started this session i had 1mb data left now i've downloaded 50mb worth of files And counting. Dats hw i'll keep milking them. For the first time in my life i discovered a browsing cheat myself. In fact i'm using it now and i just cranked my browser image settings to max!. Mwah josh u too bad
hey josh share with me na
Re: GLO Cheating Us Of Data by luluosas(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2013
J0sh007: God catch glo. I've been complaining now i've got them back. Before i started this session i had 1mb data left now i've downloaded 50mb worth of files And counting. Dats hw i'll keep milking them. For the first time in my life i discovered a browsing cheat myself. In fact i'm using it now and i just cranked my browser image settings to max!. Mwah josh u too bad
My friend, you are happy that you are cheating on Glo. Please, stop it now as it carries grave consequences in the hereafter. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who else got this message on Airtel? subscribe 1gb night plan with just #100 / Airtel 5000 Hours Start Working Again With Psiphon & Simpleserver / Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.