Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,395 members, 7,846,654 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Help/advice Needed Urgently - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help/advice Needed Urgently (521 Views)

Help Advice Her;she Couldn't Open A Bank Account Cause She Is Not Up To 18yrs / Help: Advice For A Prospective Enterpreneur / Help! Advice Seriously Needed For Bulk Sms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help/advice Needed Urgently by clevadani: 8:44am On Oct 12, 2013
I'm a 19 yr old,100 lvl student living in benin city.Some months back,i came up wit an idea.i decided to start a popcorn packaging company. I struggled 4 6 mths to get d money i needed. So during dis strike,in august,i started d biz.
My problem is gettin marketers.b4 i started,i thought dis wud b d easiest part but i now realise i was wrong.
I hav printed more dan a thousand vacancy slips witout any results. I tot ppl are complainin abt unemployment.i seems evri1 nids white collar jobs witout qualifications.
Any advice wud rili be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2013
Every business needs good packaging... The way u package ur business and present to the public determines hw successfull you will end up... Build on dat and wait for ASUU to call of the strike before u start complaining since its a campus oriented business
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by clevadani: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2013
Bro it isnt campus oriented it is city oriented.nd we mk use of d best packaging available
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 12, 2013
look for a more exposed location and package it well with a flashy banner, call 2-3 of your friends to stay with you this will attract customers for a start
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by clevadani: 10:09am On Oct 12, 2013
@ dr we r at ring road d best location in benin nd i also hav 3 od my frnds wit me. I'm at a loss on hw to get marketers or distributors
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2013
maybe you need to start to package it into a neat nylon go to super markers and meet does market women to distribute for them....or you look for guys who can help you sell it around and you give them commission...don't worry with time things will be OK actually the beginning of business is not always easy
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by clevadani: 10:31am On Oct 12, 2013
@dr getin dose guys r d hardest part.i've run out of ideas on hw to get dem
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by Illuminatus(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2013
Okay. I liked your first post because I think it's adorable that you've thought up something and really gone through with it.
Now, your solution. Have you tried looking for marketers here? You might not know it, but this site is an excellent advertising forum.
And then, I don't know about the flyers... What did they say? Maybe it should just say: Marketers needed for an edible product, or something. Using Pop Corn might scare these guys even before they actually see how cute it is.
Take your commodity to super markets, stores and school canteens. You're your first marketer.
Have you asked people you know to help you with the marketing? Aren't there guys in your street or stuff that can help?
Finally, you're new to the business. It'll take sometime for you to break ground.
P.S. I'm quite a distance from you. I would have loved becoming your permanent customersmiley.
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by clevadani: 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Tnks 4 ur advice @illuminatus
but i'm skeptical abt takin it 2 d mkt cos i dnt knw hw it wrks
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by Illuminatus(m): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
clevadani: Tnks 4 ur advice @illuminatus
but i'm skeptical abt takin it 2 d mkt cos i dnt knw hw it wrks
You learn by doing. You need to visit these places. Even if they don't patronize you, they might you valuable advice. Moreover, what's the worse thing that can happen?
Re: Help/advice Needed Urgently by clevadani: 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Tnks @illuminatus
but d issue of marketers rili bothers me.i c guys sellin chargers,singlets etc on d road nd m @ a loss on hw to get dem

(1) (Reply)

Telexfree Business Now In Nigeria!!! / Advise me on Forever Living Products / How To Setup An Online Business In 2014 - Define Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.