Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Now You Are A Graduate, What Next? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Now You Are A Graduate, What Next? (625 Views)

Can't Believe A Graduate Really Wrote This... / A Graduate Who Was Observing The Mandatory One Year (NYSC) Programme, Is Dead! / Can A Graduate In Part-time Studies Do Youth Service (NYSC)? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Now You Are A Graduate, What Next? by Kazrem(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
One of the greatest achievement in Nigeria is to become a student of tertiary institution after writing several SSCEs and JAMBs. Greater than that is to now study you preffered course but more greater than this is to see your name on the pass list to participate the in the much awaited NYSC. But most greatest of all is to successfully complete the service amidst many fears. So after the Passing Out Parade, what next? To many, its now time to go into the over crowded labour market and try our luck parhaps we may be fortunate to get "a job", it does matter if its suits my likeness or not, my aspirations or not, my potentials or not, what matters is the "pay". Its good and say its neccessary to look for a good paying job but graduating is just the beginning and not the end of reading, studying and researching. It is common among Nigerian graduates to stop reading after graduatiog from school. This is disheartening. It suppose to be the begining of personal development. Formal education will earn you a living but personal development through reading, listening and watching will earn you a fortune. I hear you say "where will I get the money to buy books, go to seminars, listen to audio tapes?" but I will also ask you where you get the money to buy BB, BIS monthly, data on your laptop etc. I have come to realize that real wealth is not in being an employee but its found in personal development. It has been said that "empty your pocket to fill your brain so that your brain will fill your pocket in multiples". It has also being said that "what its in your head determines what its in your hand". Am not saying you shouldn't look for a job after graduation but what am emphasizing here is that graduation is not the end of the journey, its actually the begining of a lifetme journey. Thanks. Kazrem Financial Education (KFE)
Re: Now You Are A Graduate, What Next? by yokiti: 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2013

(1)

No September Allawee Yet / Cross River Batch A'15 Lets Meet Here / Learn To Develop Amazing Web And Mobile Applications While Serving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.