Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

What Should I Do Now That ASUU Is On Strike? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Should I Do Now That ASUU Is On Strike? (582 Views)

ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency / ASUU Is Lying -- FG Says / Lmao, See What ASUU Is Causing!! Check Out This Broadcast Message From A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do Now That ASUU Is On Strike? by Dejiro(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
I have shared this story at a Christian youth forum before; but years after, I am sure it is still relevant. I spent 7 years at the University studying a 5 years course; due to ASUU strike of course. During one of such strikes, for 5 months precisely, I learnt a bit of how to fix and install water pumps.

I finally graduated and was posted to Abuja for my NYSC. Accommodation instantly became a challenge as a family my family had banked upon couldn’t help. My friend who came to my aid soon gave me quit notice because of his parent's objection. To cut the story short, God brought me in contact with a certain 'big man'. Due to the pressure on me, one week after meeting this man, I approached him for help regarding my accommodation, he politely declined sitting helplessness. On his way to dropping me off at a convenient bus top, he craved my indulgence and asked his driver to branch at a school site under construction; apparently his. When we got there, a plumber and an electrician were engaged in heated argument over a pumping machine that had gone bad but shouldn't have. I requested for the water pump as I rolled up my NYSC’s Khaki sleeves. I noticed an anomaly with the pump’s valve. I fixed it and re-primed the pump. I then re-installed it and water started gushing out to everybody’s amazement. This man who had previously rubbished the Nigerian education system was so impressed, that he beckoned his Estate Manager who incidentally was also on site that day. Guess what? I was offered a room accommodation free of charge for a whole year. Now, can you quantify or monetise my relief? That singular experience convinced me of the importance of seizing moments in life.
ASUU is on strike again, be determined never to allow the Nigerian system while away your life. Success is an art; if you can create success out of the smallest thing, you can repeat same with bigger things.
Create something!
Learn something!
Gain experience in something!
Do something with yourself!
Re: What Should I Do Now That ASUU Is On Strike? by Dgaffer(m): 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
txn bro; i hav learnt somthing great here ad i mst confess that i have been on this kind adventure 4 a while shall and u hv multivated my the more for it...txn xo much

(1) (Reply)

Steps In Making & Writing Research Projects / Jonathans Result After ASUU Dialogue / Anis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.