Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

Did It Cross The Line? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did It Cross The Line? (1044 Views)

Why Did It Take Manu Garba So Long To Invite 'Nig. Ronaldo' Theophilus Solomon / EPL Managers In The Line Of Fire: What Does 2015 Holdfor Them? / No African Countries Ever Cross 5ft Position In Fifa Ranking Except Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did It Cross The Line? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
During nigerians world cup qualifying match against Ethiopia, there were two instances were this question was raised, the first was when an attemp by the ethiopians was cleared by our number 2 defender, for me that was a clear goal. The second was the goal they scored us, our goal keeper was a bit lousy although he tried in the game, I honestly dont think that was a goal. (ENYEAMA) CAUGHT it . I WANT MY HONOURABLE NAIRALANDERS WHO WATCH THE GAME TO GIVE US their opinion..
Re: Did It Cross The Line? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
In both instances d ball didn't cross d line entirely, so NO GOAL! It would have gone either way though grin
Re: Did It Cross The Line? by mrsolutionm(m): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ok.
Re: Did It Cross The Line? by modextus(m): 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
grin Walai i don know..

Re: Did It Cross The Line? by Horus(m): 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywVIyL7ALg4

[size=15pt]Goal disallowed for Ethiopia vs Nigeria, ball clearly crossed the line!!!![/size]
Re: Did It Cross The Line? by herveze: 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
To be neutral,both are goal but let me ask this question,what did ethiopia want to go and do in world cup? Did they want to go and disgrace Africa by conceding 10 goals in 1 match? The meat of antelope is so sweet jare! Lol
Re: Did It Cross The Line? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
the ball didnt cross the line, you have to follow the shadow to understand it properly. the shadow crossed the line, not the ball because the sun was behind the camera. so the ball was right on the line!
Re: Did It Cross The Line? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
[right][/right]
MRbrownJAY: the ball didnt cross the line, you have to follow the shadow to understand it properly. the shadow crossed the line, not the ball because the sun was behind the camera. so the ball was right on the line!
correct guy
Re: Did It Cross The Line? by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
In the first incident, you simply can't tell. For sure, MOST of the ball crossed the line, but to award a goal, the entire circumference has to cross the line. There was simply no ultimately decisive camera angle that showed it well.

For the second one, the ball [b]CERTAINLY DID NOT[/b]cross the line.

1 Like

Re: Did It Cross The Line? by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 14, 2013
The second (declared goal) was used to compensate the first one (debated) clearance. I think first was a goal but second wasn't.
Re: Did It Cross The Line? by SuperDan1: 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nemeka: The second (declared goal) was used to compensate the first one (debated) clearance. I think first was a goal but second wasn't.
Exactly my mind.

(1) (Reply)

Its High Time Moyes Got Sacked / How Will You Rate The Pidgin Commentary So Far? / Is There Really A Gang-up Against Chelsea In D Bpl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.