Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? (579 Views)

Help !!!! He Doesn't Really Have Time For Romance / Do Twins Really Have Supernatural Powers? Share Your Experiences. / Where Really Have I Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2013
There is one mallam kiosk close to my house where we normally buy one or two things.
One day, I took a closer look at the kiosk very well and was very shocked to c the kind of junks called biscuits,chewing gum and sweets he has on display.
My question is this, do our regulatory agencies really look into them b4 they r thrown to the gullible public?

Any idea on d way forward cos me I dey fear for our kids o!
I've seen an 8 year old gal suffering from gum wahala. Her tooth has to be removed finally cos d pain was too much.

Parents, do u really buy these junks in d name of buying snacks for ur children?
How can our kids come out clean with all these tempting junks thrown at their faces every day?

Most of our sachet water and bottled water has odour, has anybody noticed that?

What can we do to minimize all these?
China is not even helping matter.

R we and our children safe?
Re: Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? by hammedkola(m): 9:26am On Oct 14, 2013
Yes but not active
Re: Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 14, 2013
hammedkola: Yes but not active
What can we do?
How can we identify the bad ones?
How do we shield our children?

Those things r very tempting.
Re: Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? by ifyalways(f): 10:31am On Oct 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw: There is one mallam kiosk close to my house where we normally buy one or two things.
One day, I took a closer look at the kiosk very well and was very shocked to c the kind of junks called biscuits,chewing gum and sweets he has on display.
My question is this, do our regulatory agencies really look into them b4 they r thrown to the gullible public?

Any idea on d way forward cos me I dey fear for our kids o!
I've seen an 8 year old gal suffering from gum wahala. Her tooth has to be removed finally cos d pain was too much.

Parents, do u really buy these junks in d name of buying snacks for ur children?
How can our kids come out clean with all these tempting junks thrown at their faces every day?

Most of our sachet water and bottled water has odour, has anybody noticed that?

What can we do to minimize all these?
China is not even helping matter.

R we and our children safe?
What is wrong?are the sweets,cbiscuits,goodies expired or what
We get same and more at the malls(ice creams,cookies,candies etc) and people buy it and don't complain abi na because malam no package ? cheesy
What do you expect regulatory bodies to do?stop mallams from earning a living ? Its our individual duty as parents to regulate what our children eat,enforce the right habits on them and if we fail at that,its no ones fault.
When you give your child bobo instead of water or Ribena,what message are you passing to the child?
How many times do we as parents give our kids natural fruits not all those china/Chivita canned fruit juices?

I've got a sweet tooth embarassed and i and my boys indulge occasionally yet I'm firm(and they know it) with them when i have/want to be.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 14, 2013
ifyalways:
What is wrong?are the sweets,cbiscuits,goodies expired or what
We get same and more at the malls(ice creams,cookies,candies etc) and people buy it and don't complain abi na because malam no package ? cheesy
What do you expect regulatory bodies to do?stop mallams from earning a living ? Its our individual duty as parents to regulate what our children eat,enforce the right habits on them and if we fail at that,its no ones fault.

I've got a sweet tooth embarassed and i and my boys indulge occasionally yet I'm firm(and they know it) with them when i have/want to be.

It seems u didn't get the message.
As far as I know, the sweets and biscuits I c flooding our market r simply not healthy.
My question is, how can we help ourselves since our regulatory agencies have failed?
Its not only those that I mentioned, drugs, cooking things like red oil etc.
Re: Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? by ifyalways(f): 10:45am On Oct 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

As far as I know, the sweets and biscuits I c flooding our market r simply not healthy.
My question is, how can we help ourselves since our regulatory agencies have failed?
How?
Are they expired or produced with banned/poisonous chemicals ?

The things those mallams sell they buy from the general open market and same things(and worst) are seen sold by big retailers too.
Anyway,NAFDAC works,though i fail to see what you expect them to do in this situation.

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Have Regulatory Agencies? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

That's supposed to be the job of NAFDAC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Agency_for_Food_and_Drug_Administration_and_Control

Dunno how active they are now since Aunt Dora decided to go rogue and turn Politician! undecided undecided

Meanwhile the best way is for parents to regulate these things for their children.

Teach them how they can negatively affect their health and try as much as possible to ensure they stay away from those things you consider unhealthy.

(1) (Reply)

Breastfeeding: New Mums To Get Shop Vouchers At $200 / Fantastic Packages To Ease Of Laundry Works / Have You Seen Your Father...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.