Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,738 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House (4442 Views)

Ese Oruru's Parents House In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (photos) / Married Couples: Would You Feel Comfortable Having Sex In Your Parents House? / If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by gr8t(m): 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2006
Can A Man Live In His Wife Parent House After Marriege! In One Of Their Flats?

A young man is having problem with his parent over the issue of him moving into his wife's parent house. They had live in his own parent house for a while before renting their own apartment but now the seems to be having problems financially and my kinded advice is that they move into the flat offered by the wife's parent till they are able to sort themselves out!

Guys what do you think.
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by twinstaiye(m): 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2006
Why not, let him move into the house, as long the parents are not living with them. Besides, let him move in while at the same time trying frantically to get an alternative accommodation because anything can happen at any time.
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by hotangel2(f): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2006
Of course he can move in. As long as it's not a room in the flat of his wife's parent. if it's a whole flat, sure!!

Afterall, they are his inlaws and they are helping him
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by rikkyjen(m): 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2006
Of course he can move in. As long as it's not a room in the flat of his wife's parent. if it's a whole flat, sure!!

Afterall, they are his inlaws and they are helping him

What a pity!!! Thoughts of an Infantile girl!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by Busta(f): 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2006
he is a "MAN"

thats a tough and risky thing to do!!
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by chy(f): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2006
i dont advice that it may bring up problems no matter what
the man should try and rent a house of his own because definitely
he will not feel comfortable in dat houz no matter wat
that my own advice for a Nigerian man no try am oooo
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2006
He can go ahead and live with his in-laws if they are:
1) White
2) Educated abroad
3) Phd Holders
4) Liberals

If not, then there will definitely be problems. You cannot have two arrogant African gorrillas in the same territory!
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by IAH(f): 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2006
Seun:

He can go ahead and live with his in-laws if they are:
1) White
2) Educated abroad
3) Phd Holders
4) Liberals

If not, then there will definitely be problems. You cannot have two arrogant African gorrillas in the same territory!

Lol, you'll be surprised that whites (and people educated abroad) are even the most intolerant about living with extended family members.
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by gr8t(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2006
To be realistic the issue is getting more confusing! The lady in question is my sister. They live at the moment in her parents in-law house in the same flat and there has being one problems or the other. To the point that the husband's mum seized the marriage certificate and and the children's birth certificates, saying in case the lady wants to divorce her son. But, the couple are doing well together not even thinking about seperation.
The were living fine on their own before he had a problem that drove them to that house.
My suggestion is! There is an open flat in our own house. My dad is late, and I live abroad though my mum and my brother her in another flat in the same compund, but, I don't think there is a problem becuase my brother is most time in school (Uni) outside LAgos and my mum is sometimes outside the countries to take care of her grand children too.
I told them to move in and use the money we all can raise for them to start something of their own on their own aquired land.
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by amaikama(m): 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2009
@poster!! i really don't see anything wrong in it if the parents are the understanding type, why not. but the couple shoud try as much as possible to vacate the apartment for them to have their own privacy. kiss best of luck to them both.
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by romsky: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2009
he is moving in with their daughter so not so bad
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by ifyalways(f): 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2009
They are newlyweds and are already running to in-lawas for accomodation? shocked shocked shocked
Oga rekpete cheesy .
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2009
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by sparta(f): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2009
If push comes to shove he should do it, i believe is temporary or would he rather stay under oshodi bridge? Its neater now tho grin
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by Gettolove(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2009
whatever the situation is, a man living in his in law's house is not A MAN for as long as he lives under their shelter (even if they charge rents). Though not as bad as it may seem, but He(they) is sitting on a time bomb.
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by biina: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2009
Some people and their ego problems. So it is better for him to be a MAN while his family to be homeless?

The move is only temporary and the couple would use the time and peace of mind to better plan their future.
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by Dammyray(m): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2009
But you should all remember is not is also is wish what i think is that since he has no option he should still be their for now but as soon as possible he should work as if he wont work again to get his ass out of their with his wife because! because! because!
Re: Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House by Nazgul: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2023
gr8t:
Can A Man Live In His Wife Parent House After Marriege! In One Of Their Flats?

A young man is having problem with his parent over the issue of him moving into his wife's parent house. They had live in his own parent house for a while before renting their own apartment but now the seems to be having problems financially and my kinded advice is that they move into the flat offered by the wife's parent till they are able to sort themselves out!

Guys what do you think.
If he's paying the rent for the flat, he can move in. But if they're inviting him to stay there for free, I won't advice him to accept such offer.

One has to be very wise when dealing with in-laws so as to maintain the respect they have for you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Should Ex's Talk To Each Other / I Think I Need Some Genuine Help. Please Open This. / I Should Have Trusted My Husband......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.