Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Travails Of Living On And Off Campus. Recount Your Experience(s)! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Travails Of Living On And Off Campus. Recount Your Experience(s)! (650 Views)

“october Rush” To “october Rape”: Female Freshers Recount Nights Of Sexual Abuse / Types Of People In An Off-Campus Hostel / Real Reasons Ladies Prefer To Live Off-Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Travails Of Living On And Off Campus. Recount Your Experience(s)! by Linusclark(m): 1:29am On Oct 15, 2013
Good morning great Nigerian students, if you will observe closely, you will discover that not much has been written to capture the unremitting sufferings of students who live on campus and off campus.
For some schools which are residential, their hostels are usually old, decrepit and cramped. Some stay 6-7 in a room.
For people who live off-campus, some of them still live in the dread of muggings, burglary, pilfering, exorbitant prices,cultist attacks, etc. Another major issue is "absentee landlordism" - landlords leaving far from these off-campus apartments leaving behind caretakers who give no ear to the tenants complains.
In all honesty, I've read stories in national dailies about this issue, but these stories only give an overview of the entire picture.
I have taken it as a duty to visit schools and capture the sufferings of students, but the recent strike embarked by ASUP has stifled by investigations.
I'd be glad if you can fill me in on what the situation is like in your school.
Please don't resort to insults and derogatory remarks. Be sincere, be honest, eschew embellisments, just stick to facts.
Re: The Travails Of Living On And Off Campus. Recount Your Experience(s)! by ALVA001: 1:58am On Oct 15, 2013
seriously
@ op, its just as u ve said, d situation in OAU is not any beta, d
hostels are more than bad, all d facilities are delapidated, imagine
using d same faccilities ur VC used as an undergrad, i stayed in hostel
2ru out my 5yr stay on campus, dia was neva a tym wen we were not more
than d normal number in my rooms, dia are legal occupants, squatters,
floaters and in some cases colonizers, all living 2gda, seriously it can
sometimes be so bad that even squatters squat's pple. so much for OBA AWON
UNIVERSITY. thou its not all dia fault, blame FG. F2C anyway.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NANS Condemns Lingering ASUU Strike / Why The Strike Will Still Go On - ASUU Chairman Explains [1st Part] / Iyayi Buried As Edo Renames School After Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.