Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:19 AM

Olamide Explains Why He Sings About Himself In His Songs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide Explains Why He Sings About Himself In His Songs (646 Views)

Olamide Uses Juju To Make His Songs Popular: Mrs Olunloyo / This Guy Claims He Sings Better Than Alicia Keyz / M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olamide Explains Why He Sings About Himself In His Songs by amakaikeng(f): 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nigeria rapstar, Olamide talks to Nigerian Tribune's Segun Adebayo about his hustling days, reasons why he shares his personal experiences in his songs and achievement. Read the excerpts below:

On launching his career:
I am an ambitious young man. I love to always push myself to the limits. We have a lot of things going on in the industry now that would really make you sit tight and buckle up. Asides that, I have gone through a lot before I could arrive at this level, to God be the glory. When I look at where I was coming from and where I am today, it only reminds me of one thing, never stop dreaming big and don’t ever look down on yourself even if nobody believes in you. You have to make sure you have got what it takes to stand the test of time. Olamide didn’t just arrive over night. It has been a very rough journey, but God has been good to me. The truth is that people have not seen the best of Olamide.

On his rough experiences:
Everybody knows my story or let me say I try to let people know my story with the way I sing so that you won’t come and tell me tomorrow or the people that you did or that for me when I was this or that. When I compose my songs, I always try to bring my rough days into retrospect. I remember how I waited many years for my single to be promoted. I was always told to wait. When I couldn’t wait anymore, I had to look for another way round it. A lot of people turned me down because they didn’t believe in me. I have nothing against them because that’s life for you. Everybody can’t believe in your dream, even if it is the most beautiful one. Today, it is practically difficult for anybody to come out and say what I had already said about myself in most of my songs....

Continue to read more...http://amakaikenga..com/2013/10/olamide-explains-why-he-sings-about.html

Re: Olamide Explains Why He Sings About Himself In His Songs by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
badooooo

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Iyanya's Hacked Twitteraccount Direct Messages / Mavin Records Releases Official Statement On Wande Coal's Exit / Maheeda Releases More Raunchy Christmas Photos. 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.