Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Which Laptop Product Do I Go For - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Laptop Product Do I Go For (3236 Views)

Which Laptop Can I Buy With A 60 Thousand Naira Budget? / Which Laptop Has The Best Battery Life? / Which Laptop Should I Buy? (Budget: $1200) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
Please I need your help on this section to ascertain the type of laptop product to buy. I am novice on this matter. I am considering between Dell, HP or Samsung. Please in terms on durability(ruggedness), battery life span.(4 hours and above), RAM (2gb), Hard disk : 360gb and some other things. I have with me an amount ranging from 60-63k.
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Anuoluwap(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
60k laptop? Nna you get money oo
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by onegig(m): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
torres2: Please I need your help on this section to ascertain the type of laptop product to buy. I am novice on this matter. I am considering between Dell, HP or Samsung. Please in terms on durability(ruggedness), battery life span.(4 hours and above), RAM (2gb), Hard disk : 360gb and some other things. I have with me an amount ranging from 60-63k.
come up a bit. You could pick Jumia's dell 13r laptop for 67k or so. Cool laptop. Not a Jumia agent. They are just the only online credible reference for products purchase in Nigeria as of now..
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
onegig: come up a bit. You could pick Jumia's dell 13r laptop for 67k or so. Cool laptop. Not a Jumia agent. They are just the only online credible reference for products purchase in Nigeria as of now..
Beg to disagree.

1 Like

Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by onegig(m): 6:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
mcdokwe: Beg to disagree.
give me another please with personal buying experience. I might start quoting them.

Konga? Or which one please?
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Op, will give you any of the following products plus 1year manufacturer's limited warranty.
>toshiba c855D-S5104 amd e-series processor 4gb 500, 15.6" 6cell battery, win8 64, wifi, webcam for 65k
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
onegig: give me another please with personal buying experience. I might start quoting them.

Konga? Or which one please?
no, myself. I may not be as big as any of them, but my prices are better, none of my customers have complained and those who had issues later with their Laptops were promptly attended to. So I am say, Laptops Andstuffs. Maybe not by buying experience, but by selling experience
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by onegig(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
mcdokwe: no, myself. I may not be as big as any of them, but my prices are better, none of my customers have complained and those who had issues later with their Laptops were promptly attended to. So I am say, Laptops Andstuffs. Maybe not by buying experience, but by selling experience
guy.. You are very funny. I didn't mean local shops. I mean online malls with verifiable prices. Ok. Give me the link to your website.
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 7:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
onegig: guy.. You are very funny. I didn't mean local shops. I mean online malls with verifiable prices. Ok. Give me the link to your website.
mine too happen to fall in that category even if it is new. The link is www.mylaptops.com.ng even though I have not updated the site for sometime now as I am trying to build a new one. You can however check us out on facebook via www.facebook.com/laptopsandstuffs
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by onegig(m): 5:18am On Oct 16, 2013
mcdokwe: mine too happen to fall in that category even if it is new. The link is www.mylaptops.com.ng even though I have not updated the site for sometime now as I am trying to build a new one. You can however check us out on facebook via www.facebook.com/laptopsandstuffs
Ok. Thats good. Will add to my links. Best of luck bro. However , if you have got something much better than that toshiba at the same range i would like to advise the op to go with it.

1 Like

Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 6:45am On Oct 16, 2013
onegig:
Ok. Thats good. Will add to my links. Best of luck bro. However , if you have got something much better than that toshiba at the same range i would like to advise the op to go with it.
ya, I got a Hp 655 and a dell 5040 dual core. Bt my lappy is down now 2 get d full details. Will post later
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2013
mcdokwe: mine too happen to fall in that category even if it is new. The link is www.mylaptops.com.ng even though I have not updated the site for sometime now as I am trying to build a new one. You can however check us out on facebook via www.facebook.com/laptopsandstuffs

Bro great link I must say. Went through it but like I said earlier those specification sounds like arabic to me(#teamnovice), saw terms like core, graphics and so on. If you can explain some of this terms it will go a long way in helping me decide what I really want. Need I tell that the main purpose of purchasing the laptop is mainly for educational enhancement, though little gaming once in a while and sometimes browsing(esp during project research) and other few things which an average computer is expected to do. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2013
Expert in the house, which product also provide the longest battery life span?
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by onegig(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2013
torres2: Expert in the house, which product also provide the longest battery life span?
mini laptops. 7 to 8 hours. Let him list the laptops he has would advise you to pick one of them that best suites your needs
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 9:51am On Oct 16, 2013
torres2:

Bro great link I must say. Went through it but like I said earlier those specification sounds like arabic to me(#teamnovice) [/b ], saw terms like core, graphics and so on. [b] If you can explain some of this terms it will go a long way in helping me decide what I really want. Need I tell that the main purpose of purchasing the laptop is mainly for educational enhancement, though little gaming once in a while and sometimes browsing(esp during project research) and other few things which an average computer is expected to do. Thanks in anticipation.
we are all novices at somethings...even as a seller, I can't honestly say I know it all. The "core" is a generic name for processor type, while the graphics determines the gaming and other visual capalities. But Onegig knows better and can do a better explanation
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 9:58am On Oct 16, 2013
He's here already
onegig: mini laptops. 7 to 8 hours. Let him list the laptops he has would advise you to pick one of them that best suites your needs
will do that once I charge my laptop
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Did some online research in which majority adviced the op against HP due to over heating which mostly causes problem on the motherboard. Though some still recommended ACER or DELL but seems I will be going for a mini-laptop though.
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
onegig: mini laptops. 7 to 8 hours. Let him list the laptops he has would advise you to pick one of them that best suites your needs

Thanks bro, I would consider going for a mini, but pls can I get mini laptop with a 2GB RAM seems most of which am seeing online has a specs of 1GB RAM?. Will also appreciate suggestion on a mini brand to go for. Thanks.
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
Acer mini Laptops are good buys, besides HP, I always advice my customers to buy acer once it is mini. The one available with acer is 11'', 2gb ram and 500gb hdd and goes 4 56k
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
torres2: Did some online research in which majority adviced the op against HP due to over heating which mostly causes problem on the motherboard. Though some still recommended ACER or DELL but seems I will be going for a mini-laptop though.
and mind you, most people advice people based on their individual preferences not neccessarily based on fact. I have had d privilege of not just selling some of those laptops, but also using them. I honestly stand to say that those are not always true. But whether you buy from me or someone else, never settle for a samsung mini, more like chingchung. Looks very fragile and more (imho) the Hp equivalent for the 11" Acer is sold 4 62k. Bt comes with a 4gb ram, and I can vouch for the two products
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
mcdokwe: and mind you, most people advice people based on their individual preferences not neccessarily based on fact. I have had d privilege of not just selling some of those laptops, but also using them. I honestly stand to say that those are not always true. But whether you buy from me or someone else, never settle for a samsung mini, more like chingchung. Looks very fragile and more (imho) the Hp equivalent for the 11" Acer is sold 4 62k. Bt comes with a 4gb ram, and I can vouch for the two products

Thanks so much. I'm indeed very grateful.
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
alphadux1:

If i understand you correctly, you need some information that should help you make your choice of brand right?

First thing you must understand is this: all laptops are similar irrespective of manufacturer, they share similar parts and OS, they are all mass produced, and they use parts from the same manufacturers. Main difference is the look (physical appearance).

DELL: They look simple (not stylish, referring to the design), but the general build is rugged and reliable. No bloatware. Simple, ugly & professional.

HP: Because they are very common and popular in the market, people seem to think they are the best. Personally, i think they are basic, and not necessarily the best, but if for any reason you need a part in the market, they are readily available. HP's come with loads of bloatware (unneccesary software you may never use, they just slow your pc down).

SAMSUNG: I must say i'm quite impressed with SAMSUNG, their pc build quality is good overall.

ACER: Reasonably priced and reliable, but the keys on the keyboard on my new Acer laptop fell off too easily, the space inbetween the keys were quite much and my son's tiny fingers could go inbetween, he was able to rip off some keys easily. Besides that, you get more value for your money. They are cheaper compared to the other brand names.

TOSHIBA: You can never go wrong with a Toshiba. Best sound production you can find in entry-mid level laptops (Harman Kardon speakers). Everything about a Toshiba laptop adds up.

LG: Basic, simple and straight to the point.

I would advise you to make a choice based on spec-price ratio. Stock batteries dont last long, unless higher capacity batteries (9cell and above). Most laptops come with 6 cell batteries, and for some strange reason, i havent seen anybody in Nigeria who can boast of his battery lasting for more than 1hr after 2yrs of usage. I have used 9 & 12 cell batteries, and even after 3yrs, i still get close to 2hrs on them.

Another observation: I use both Intel & AMD processors, but i have a love relationship with AMD processors (because i do high performance computing requiring loads of graphics processing). I noticed that data transfer on intel boards are faster compared to AMD, and the intel boards last longer - my oldest AMD board lasted 5 yrs, and that was one out of 6, the others crapped out after 2.5yrs average, while for intel, i still have one from 2008, still works perfectly.

With the new APU's, the AMD's are quite amazing for graphics,you will be stunned by the performance of the A6 & A8 processors with APU's. I used an A6-3400 1.4GHZ (quad core with APU), & it performed better than a Core i3-2310M (2.13GHZ), i could not believe because benchmarks tell you otherwise.

Question: why go for a mini? With your budget, you can afford a regular laptop. The new celerons will outperform any Intel Atom processor anytime. The new celerons are like the first generation core i3, or the old core2Duo's, they are really cool. You may get longer battery life on a mini, but as the name suggests, its a mini.
sounds like some1 who knows what he's talking about. I am impressed
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
alphadux1:

If i understand you correctly, you need some information that should help you make your choice of brand right?

First thing you must understand is this: all laptops are similar irrespective of manufacturer, they share similar parts and OS, they are all mass produced, and they use parts from the same manufacturers. Main difference is the look (physical appearance).

DELL: They look simple (not stylish, referring to the design), but the general build is rugged and reliable. No bloatware. Simple, ugly & professional.

HP: Because they are very common and popular in the market, people seem to think they are the best. Personally, i think they are basic, and not necessarily the best, but if for any reason you need a part in the market, they are readily available. HP's come with loads of bloatware (unneccesary software you may never use, they just slow your pc down).

SAMSUNG: I must say i'm quite impressed with SAMSUNG, their pc build quality is good overall.

ACER: Reasonably priced and reliable, but the keys on the keyboard on my new Acer laptop fell off too easily, the space inbetween the keys were quite much and my son's tiny fingers could go inbetween, he was able to rip off some keys easily. Besides that, you get more value for your money. They are cheaper compared to the other brand names.

TOSHIBA: You can never go wrong with a Toshiba. Best sound production you can find in entry-mid level laptops (Harman Kardon speakers). Everything about a Toshiba laptop adds up.

LG: Basic, simple and straight to the point.

I would advise you to make a choice based on spec-price ratio. Stock batteries dont last long, unless higher capacity batteries (9cell and above). Most laptops come with 6 cell batteries, and for some strange reason, i havent seen anybody in Nigeria who can boast of his battery lasting for more than 1hr after 2yrs of usage. I have used 9 & 12 cell batteries, and even after 3yrs, i still get close to 2hrs on them.

Another observation: I use both Intel & AMD processors, but i have a love relationship with AMD processors (because i do high performance computing requiring loads of graphics processing). I noticed that data transfer on intel boards are faster compared to AMD, and the intel boards last longer - my oldest AMD board lasted 5 yrs, and that was one out of 6, the others crapped out after 2.5yrs average, while for intel, i still have one from 2008, still works perfectly.

With the new APU's, the AMD's are quite amazing for graphics,you will be stunned by the performance of the A6 & A8 processors with APU's. I used an A6-3400 1.4GHZ (quad core with APU), & it performed better than a Core i3-2310M (2.13GHZ), i could not believe because benchmarks tell you otherwise.

Question: why go for a mini? With your budget, you can afford a regular laptop. The new celerons will outperform any Intel Atom processor anytime. The new celerons are like the first generation core i3, or the old core2Duo's, they are really cool. You may get longer battery life on a mini, but as the name suggests, its a mini.

Thanks so much, think I would have to also buy your idea, I will do some online research on brand you suggested and finally go with what my mind says. To everyone who had contributed I'm very grateful. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
torres2:

Thanks so much, think I would have to also buy your idea, I will do some online research on brand you suggested and finally go with what my mind says. To everyone who had contributed I'm very grateful. Thanks a bunch.
here are some within our stock that you might be interested in, in line with what alphadux said. Dell Inspiron 5040 intel dual core, 15.6'' 3gb ddr-3 ram, 320gb hdd, 6cell battery, webcam, wlan, win 7 @67k
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
toshiba. Celeron, 4gb, 500, win8 67k
toshiba dual core, 4gb, 500, win 8, 70k
acer E1, 4gb, 500, dual core, 70k
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
mcdokwe: toshiba. Celeron, 4gb, 500, win8 67k
toshiba dual core, 4gb, 500, win 8, 70k
acer E1, 4gb, 500, dual core, 70k

let talk bro. Already sent you an email. Please reply ASAP
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by onegig(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
torres2:

i will advise you to take that dell he listed if you want to go with him. Good luck.
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by mcdokwe(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
torres2:

could u pls mail sales@mylaptops.com.ng or use the Contact Us on www.mylaptops.com.ng. Been having difficulties accessing the yahoomail linked to my account. Thanks
Re: Which Laptop Product Do I Go For by Anuoluwap(m): 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
@torres2 pls has Eksu commenced registration of freshers? Some people are spreading rumours oh.

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits And Advantages Of Linux Operating System / Usa Used Hp Probook 450 G2 Intel Core-i3 4th Gen + Intel HD Graphics / Canon Pixma Photo Printer 18k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.