Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

The Ileya Ram - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Ileya Ram (851 Views)

Fate And Wish Of An Ileya Ram -a Poem / Fate And Wish Of An Ileya Ram -a Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ileya Ram by sconp: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Oh yes, It had happened, my plans came true, happiness and joy was flowing in my blood. I couldn't contain the joy, it was overwhelming, to show how happy I was: I had climbed the backyard fence and jumped down from it five good times, I had ran from the beginning of the street to the end of the street, it wasn't still enough, I rushed to the expressway to kneel and thank God but at that moment I saw a trailer approaching me and on it was boldly written "TRAILER OF BLESSINGS".
I didn't want a trailer of blessing to hit me so i quickly left the road but still continued with my jubilations and shows of happiness. Alot of people were staring at me like I had gone mad but I was too happy to care, if only they knew what had happened they would join me in my show of happiness or craziness as some would prefer to call it.

You might want to ask me the reason for my joyous mood, well the reason wasn't far-fetched. It was short and simple my father had just bought a ram. Alot of folks will just hiss and would be like is that why you are jubilating? That is because you don't know the history.
Throughout the whole Ileya celebration that I had witnessed in my family the only thing we had ever killed was a fish. Every year it was a fish that was always killed by my dad, when my mates are busy struggling with meats and the bones, I was busy eating fish but like the saying goes "Half bread is better than puff puff". So you can now understand my joy when my dad purchased a ram for the very first time.
Another thing that made me more joyous was the fact that I would participate in 'Ram fights and betting' in which two rams will fight against each other and the one who runs away or falls down loses and its owner would lose the money he used in betting.
Immediately I got to work, I had loosen the rope used in tying the ram and was already walking down the street to look for a place where ram betting was going on. After walking for 15minutes which just seemed like 15seconds to me because of my joyous mood, I got to a place where ram fight was on.
I placed a two hundred naira bet on my ram, lo and behold my ram had knocked out the other ram. I had just won two hundred naira also, I was happy and then I continued placing bets and winning. It was like God was on my side because within the space of 30minutes, I had made a sum of five thousand naira from the bets courtesy of my ram. My joy knew no bounds, I was richer than before by 5k. I decided to go get a stylish haircut before going home, I took my winning ram with me to the barbering salon, tied it at the entrance of the barbering salon and went in to get the haircut.
Gboooaaahh!!!!
That was the sound I heard two minutes later. What happened?
My ram had seen it own reflection in the opening door mirror of the barbering shop and thought it was another ram wanting to fight with it and crash landed into the glass, the ram was bleeding profusely almost on the verge of dying I felt like crying, my chance to eat a ram bought by my father was slipping away.

Gbaah!!
I felt a slap at my back. My eyes opened, it was my mother waking me up from sleep to come and eat. OH GOD. There was no ram, I didn't win any bets. It was just a dream...A DREAM. Urgh
Re: The Ileya Ram by sconp: 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
it ends there. and u will do wel to drop commentz
Re: The Ileya Ram by TemmyTee82(f): 12:19am On Oct 16, 2013
Stories that touch ;
Re: The Ileya Ram by sconp: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2013
E touch u? grin
Re: The Ileya Ram by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Can't stp laughing!... Lolzzz
Re: The Ileya Ram by sconp: 2:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
mods can it pls make frontpage since today is sallah? pla wink grin
Re: The Ileya Ram by sconp: 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
And sallah ends today
Re: The Ileya Ram by Ashley2389: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: The Ileya Ram by XeniaOnatopp: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
cry so it was all a dream?! Hehehehe. Now I wanna watch a ram fight.
Re: The Ileya Ram by sconp: 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ashley2389: Hmmmm
undecided. I c u
Xenia Onatopp: cry so it was all a dream?! Hehehehe. Now I wanna watch a ram fight.
abi o no ram. Thanks for searching and reading this old story. cry

(1) (Reply)

Post Hegira / Rose / How To Use Grammarly Tool To Get Grammatical Error Free Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.