Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. (610 Views)

Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone / Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Fellow Nairalanders,
I am writting my first topic today, having: watched, contributed, enlightened, flourished by numerous posts and topics; yet i stood a spectator for many years(joined 2008) maybe for the lack of good writting skill...abi what should be my excuse?. No need casting a spell of boredom on all of you before i go to the main issue that is burning and creating a vexatious air amoung Nigerians.

In september 2003, some aggrieved group called for actions that can taken to solve the nonchalant attitudes all the network providers in the nation. Nairalanders, poor services did not start today, since thier inception, these company had being like that: deducting your credit whenever the felt like, charging us like its the air we breath and we depends on it to live, they say it to our face there is not hope of reducing the tariff of call because of our failed power sector, a fellow nairalander reported these week his being denied to make call all because he was frame...sorry accused of owning them a certain amount; shall they continue growing on us, sucking our moning like parasite yet giving us nothing for our money, shall we look on and let them win, shall we wait for ncc to slam fine on them for there pockets, or are we that contended; these were the questions back then, they resolved in settling on OPERATION SWITCH OFF, sept 27 2003 marked first nigerians collective actions towards there taskmasters(mtn,glo,econet,etc).

The bullshit(pardon my english) did not end there though but they satup alittle, it(the effect) wasnt all success because its not widely heard or publicised, a short lived glory it all was.

Imagine all the pains and psychological traumas they are putting us through, i know what they will be saying after each of our calls to their customer services which takes up to 1 hr atimes: if u can wait till our engineer whose probably away on honeymoon break, is U CAN DO YOUR WORST.

pls,I m using this opportunity to call on all nairalanders to debate and agreed on a date to switch of our phones in protest to the poor services by network providers, ncc can not help.... Its by the hard way we can do it. Let them wittness some lost in a day or two i m sure there will sit up again. I beg all of una make una consider my proposal
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by destino24(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
undecided undecided i don't know what to say undecided undecided
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by emekaanijah(m): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
yeah im in support
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by anthony500(m): 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
I wish Nigerians in entirety could actually do this, even for 24 hours!
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
anthony500: I wish Nigerians in entirety could actually do this, even for 24 hours!

24 hours will put the fear of God in them, let us spread the message. And pls your comments will help. Thanks
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
any date tht is agreed..

i swear i will fully participate ...

FULL SUPPROT .
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by Midegee(m): 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lol...brilliant idea but apparently unrealistic
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by Maro4u(m): 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
lol nice post but truly impossible
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
Maro4u: lol nice post but truly impossible

There is nothing impossible, you conceive it and it s achieved
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mide_gee: Lol...brilliant idea but apparently unrealistic

Yes, its seem imposible these days to help ourselves out of predicaments: Mass protest is a sin, the police will smoke u;
many times you want to complain but your voice is not heard because somehow the throat is cut.

This one you are in control..
No police, No assult and the enemies is tackled right in the groin.
Pls reconsider
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by febbymi: 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wonderful idea mate but for this to work there has to be one heck of a massive compliance before network operators can actually feel the heat and in this gr8 country of ours, that i must say is impossible
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by ammyluv2002(f): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hmmmmmm!!!!!

Good one....I support you all the way

Good move! !! Thumbs up
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by donjon: 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
create a fb page for it, then u start 4rm there.
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
donjon: create a fb page for it, then u start 4rm there.

A great idea that was, fb will help and pls if u could copy&paste the topic on ur fb wall, i wouldnt mind, infact it will really help
Re: To Nigerians: Shouldn't We Pause And Consider Operation Switch Off Again. by olusogo1(m): 12:11am On Oct 17, 2013
great idea bro..... we need to free ourselves from these new colonial masters.

(1) (Reply)

Statistics Of How Smartphones Consume Data / Urgent Help!!! Which ISP Or Router Is Good For A Cyber Cafe? / Blood Brothers 2 Game Android Solutions For Gold And Sigils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.