Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Photo: He Deserves It- The Usher Raymond Parkway - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photo: He Deserves It- The Usher Raymond Parkway (722 Views)

Is Phyno Finally Going Bald? See Photo He Uploaded On Instagram. / Mercy Johnson Endorses President Jonathan,Says He Deserves A Second Term / Don Jazzy Doesn’t Get The Credit He Deserves – Dr SID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photo: He Deserves It- The Usher Raymond Parkway by OmoUSH(m): 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
For much of the late 90s and 2000s decade, Usher Raymond was the unstoppable force in popular music. Usher had gat no serious contender in pop for years except for Justin Timberlake, and his music son, Justin Beiber. Infact, Beiber is his only serious rival right now. Beleive actually knocked off Looking For Myself from d number 1 spot last year. In the RnB world Usher's most dangerous rival, R Kelly, has almost faded into oblivion. So, who is left standing? When he collected number one with OMG in 2010, Usher became the first 2010s artist to have nine number 1 songs on the Billboard hot 100. With OMG, he also joins the rank of Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Beatles, Michael Jackson, Bee Gees, Madonna and Mariah Carey in being the only artist to have nine top songs in 3 consecutive decades. In presenting the prestigious Ascap Golden Note Award to him in 2012, the governing committee comented enthusiastically, "for over two decades the world has moved with his music".
Usher, like his influencer, MJ, is imitated all across the globe from earliest time. He has inspired millions. "I so much revere Usher. He is the definition of modern pop", said his other protegee, Chris Brown. Paul McCartney of the legendary Beetles said Usher influences his new album.
Usher has a main road in America named after him, THE USHER RAYMOND PARKWAY, and a precious Star On The Hollywood Walk of Fame to cement his legacy on the entertainment world forever.

The great Late James Brown once heralded him as the GODSON OF SOUL.
Kendrick Lamar when recently asked in an interview why he referenced Usher in his hit song in 2012 said, "He is a cultural icon and a world music deity, even if he no longer moves as before".

Drake once said, "Hehehe, Ush's tone gave my whole career a better line".
Jay Z recently mused, "I know MJ can't be replaced, and Ush may not be as globally relevant, but dude, that man is an ultimate rnb and pop icon. I learned from him too".
Mj once said to him in 1999: Thank u Usher. What u do is not easy too, the singing and dancing. Few do it. U are different, Usher./
Usher's downturn in rnb left the genre dead, as OMG started the Europop bandwaggon. No artist in history has been as daring, sincere and risky as Usher. There is no artist of his generation that has archeived his level of greatness. No musician in world history had been so underappreciated. Tameka dealt a disastrous blow to his life and career. Despite these, Ush's legacies will remain long long after he is gone.

Here is the map of the Usher Raymond parkway in Chattanooga, United States

(1) (Reply)

Toni Payne Reacted To Someone Who Called Her A B***h On Twitter / Burna Boy Or Sean Tizzle? Who Had A Better Year So Far? / Wizkid's Girlfriend Involved In A Near Car Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.