Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

SCIENCE GURUS LODGE - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCIENCE GURUS LODGE (26343 Views)

Huge Snake Killed Near Our Lodge / See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge / Lodge Your Complaints/Comments Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM2:
That thaumacin abi wetin sounds familiar..but as for carbohydrate...no..carbohydrate na general term na...akamu na carb but e no sweet...sugar na carb and e sweet. Eba sef na carb....shey u get...
But that thauma...kini kini e be like say dat wan correct....
Oya goodnight oh

Lol. Eba n akamu are NOT carbohydrates. Dae r SOURCES of carbohydrate.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by ugonna1054(m): 12:19am On Oct 23, 2013
Hi every one
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by MrCalculus(m): 1:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Odilop: The alkane widely used in infrared experiment is called? grin
are u d odilop on myschool.com?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2013
Doc_Miss: When the Centre of Gravity is Low, the body is Stable and Vice Versa
n0t the exact answer sis...I kn0w when d centre of gravity is l0w the b0dy is stable...
Now when d vertical passing thru d C.G remains within d base of supp0rt a b0dy z stable...bt when it fals outsible d base of supp0rt d b0dy z unstable.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM2:
That thaumacin abi wetin sounds familiar..but as for carbohydrate...no..carbohydrate na general term na...akamu na carb but e no sweet...sugar na carb and e sweet. Eba sef na carb....shey u get...
But that thauma...kini kini e be like say dat wan correct....
Oya goodnight oh
lol.atlst i get dat thaumatin

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 9:04am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM2:
grin I'll send u a pm...u dey facebook bah? We'll meet there. I no dey 2go.

Again...for the last time...GOODNIGHT cheesy
ok lemme av ur facebook id,or u cn add me up wt michael aiyetan jnr.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 9:06am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM u sited am waitin 4 ur questn,or shld i gv u mine
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2013
exPLIcit7: n0t the exact answer sis...I kn0w when d centre of gravity is l0w the b0dy is stable...
Now when d vertical passing thru d C.G remains within d base of supp0rt a b0dy z stable...bt when it fals outsible d base of supp0rt d b0dy z unstable.
wat d dff bwt centre of gravity nd centre of mass
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Oghos1:

Lol. Eba n akamu are NOT carbohydrates. Dae r SOURCES of carbohydrate.
Hahahaha...that's a nice joke... cheesy

Morning @ALL
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 9:12am On Oct 23, 2013
Mikebis: ok lemme av ur facebook id,or u cn add me up wt michael aiyetan jnr.
Just added u up now..smiley
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 9:18am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM2:
Just added u up now..smiley
abt to comfrm

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 9:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Struggling for questions here:
1)What is the end result of decarboxylation of ethanoic acid?
2)What do you get when u add water to an alkanoate?
3)Which of these carries blood from the upper limbs and head? a) superior vena cava b)inferior vena cava c)pulmunary vein d) pulmunary artery
4) Which of the following is secreted by the posterior pituitary gland a) anti diuretic hormone b) Adreno Cortico Tropic Hormone c) oxytocin d) growth hormone
5) Why is mecury a better thermometric liquid than alcohol?
6) Describe in just a few words the meaning of double circulation
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM2: Struggling for questions here:
3)Which of these carries blood from the limbs and head? a) superior vena cava b)inferior vena cava c)pulmunary vein d) pulmunary artery
4) Which of the following is secreted by the posterior pituitary gland a) anti diuretic hormone b) Adreno Cortico Tropic Hormone c) oxytocin d) growth hormone
5=mecury is opaque but water is not, mecury expands uniformly but alcohol does not
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2013
Elliotwiz1: 5=mecury is opaque but water is not, mecury expands uniformly but alcohol does not
Nice.....smiley
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 23, 2013
3)Which of these carries blood from the limbs and head? a) superior vena cava b)inferior vena cava c)pulmunary vein d) pulmunary artery
double circulation-firstly, blood is pumped to the lungs to fill it with oxygen, then the blood is sent back to the heart,the heart then pumps this oxydized blood to other parts of the body, the other part of the body uses up the oxygen and sends it back to the heart which sends it to the lungs for oxygen and the process continuses.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 9:33am On Oct 23, 2013
Elliotwiz1: double circulation-firstly, blood is pumped to the lungs to fill it with oxygen, then the blood is sent back to the heart,the heart then pumps this oxydized blood to other parts of the body, the other part of the body uses up the oxygen and sends it back to the heart which sends it to the lungs for oxygen and the process continuses.
Nice...thanks....
would have loved u to mention all the "parts" involved though...like the various arteries/veins involved.....the parts of the heart etc....
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM2:
Nice...thanks....
would have loved u to mention all the "parts" involved though...like the various arteries/veins involved.....the parts of the heart etc....
blood without oxygen gets into the right autricle, the blood then flows down to the lower right part of the heart-ventricle, a pulmonary artery then sends the blood to the lungs, the lung does It's work and sends the blood to the left auricle through the pulmonary vein, the blood then flows to the left ventricle which then distributes the blood through the aorta

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2013
1) CH4
2) Ethanoic acid and ethanol
3) Inferior vena cava
4) Oxytocin
5) Mercury doesn't stain glass, alcohol does.
6) Deoxygenated blood is pumped from the heart to the lungs where it becomes Oxygenated, this Ox-blood passes through the heart again to other organs and tissues. When the Oxygen has been used up, deox-blood now returns to the heart before it's taken to the lungs again
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 23, 2013
3)Which of these carries blood from the upper limbs and head? a) superior vena cava b)inferior vena cava c)pulmunary vein d) pulmunary artery
no4- hehehe growth hormone
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
@doc miss and ellotwiz....y'all did nice work..
Although that inferior vena cava is wrong..sorry (the answer is the superior vena cava so u were very close)
Inferior vena cava brings blood from the lower limbs and other body parts.

You're both correct abt the hormone question. ADH and Oxytocin are both secreted in the posterior pituatry gland

@Doc miss...everything else is CORRECT....smiley
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2013
Elliotwiz1: no4- hehehe growth hormone

Hahahaha...no bro...doc miss don answer am
Na ADH and oxytocin....why u come modify am na? U got it b4 joo. #folded hands#

Yes one important feauture of double circulation...the blood neva mixes
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by ugonna1054(m): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2013
1.Xplain how the fumes from a Generator killed a family of Five in a small village in imo state.
2.What is d disease in medical terms for a slowpoke..
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2013
ugonna1054: 1.Xplain how the fumes from a Generator killed a family of Five in a small village in imo state.
2.What is d disease in medical terms for an slowpoke..
Hhhmmmm
Carbon monoxide posioning....emmm it sorta takes the place of oxygen in the heamoglobin leading to suffocation (i.e lack of oxygen to the blood cells)

Wow! I only know that "slowpoke" is a form of mental retardation....
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM2:

Hahahaha...no bro...doc miss don answer am
Na ADH and oxytocin....why u come modify am na? U got it b4 joo. #folded hands#

Yes one important feauture of double circulation...the blood neva mixes
so i even got it the first time.... Slaps myself three times*
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2013
ugonna1054: 1.Xplain how the fumes from a Generator killed a family of Five in a small village in imo state.

oxygen is the only gas that can be used for respiration, We'll know that, without oxygen the body won't survive for long, this carbonmonooxide which is the smoke from that gen, forms a stable compound with haemoglobin(which is supposed to carry oxygen) the carbon monooxide competes with oxygen and because it forms a stable compound, the transportation of oxygen is greately reduced, because the individual cells of the body no longer get enough oxygen again, they tend to die gradually. Leading to suffocation and eventually death
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by ugonna1054(m): 10:27am On Oct 23, 2013
STORM2:
Hhhmmmm
Carbon monoxide posioning....emmm it sorta takes the place of oxygen in the heamoglobin leading to suffocation (i.e lack of oxygen to the blood cells)
u got this one buh not 100%..say 90%

Wow! I only know that "slowpoke" is a form of mental retardation....[/quote]yeah its form of mental retard.... Buh wat is d medical condition called.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2013

imbec iles result from genetic abnormalities i think, because It's from birth, It's a form of retardation, i think It's hereditary, what i think*
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by ugonna1054(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2013
Elliotwiz1: oxygen is the only gas that can be used for respiration, We'll know that, without oxygen the body won't survive for long, this carbonmonooxide which is the smoke from that gen, forms a stable compound with haemoglobin(which is supposed to carry oxygen) the carbon monooxide competes with oxygen and because it forms a stable compound, the transportation of oxygen is greately reduced, because the individual cells of the body no longer get enough oxygen again, they tend to die gradually. Leading to suffocation and eventually death
Nice! Buh I'll giv u 97% b.cos of ur detailed xplanations..am looking for 1 or 2 word to describe wat exactly killed d family..for d remaining 3%..
Wah about no 2??
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by ugonna1054(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Elliotwiz1: imbec iles result from genetic abnormalities i think, because It's from birth, It's a form of retardation, i think It's hereditary, what i think*
ok.buh I jst need d name of d medical condition for an imbe cile (slowpoke).
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2013
ugonna1054: ok.buh I jst need d name of d medical condition for an imbe cile (slowpoke).

dunno the exact word.. Cretinism?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by peternonso: 11:01am On Oct 23, 2013
wts d coordination no. for a square planar coordination compound.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2013
Elliotwiz1: imbec iles result from genetic abnormalities i think, because It's from birth, It's a form of retardation, i think It's hereditary, what i think*
Like downs syndrome?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (41) (Reply)

Secondary School Boarding House List For Boys & Girls (Photo) / Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria / JAMB To Remove Their 40 Marks And Cancel 2016/2017 UTME Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.