Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. (1440 Views)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. by metro10: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
Pls, only positive ideas.
I want to relocate to a better country through skilled worker immigration.
I did accounting in my first degree, and an MBA in Human Resources Management. I am currently pursuing my CIPM certification(i wished it's SHRM). I have over 5years HR experience.
What are my chances and what's the process?

My countries of interest are:
Canada
New Zealand
Australia
Denmark
USA

Thank you in advance.
Re: Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. by santafe(m): 3:15am On Oct 17, 2013
I am an accountant and I tried UK HSMP in the past before I migrated to Canada. At the moment Accounting is off the list for Canada since April 2010.
Your best option would be Denmark. Their is Accounting on their top list of skills in demand. All you need is your degree , work experience and masters.
Type Danish immigration on Google and go through the requirements. Less expensive and takes less time about 3months. You can do it yourself.

Cheers
Re: Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. by santafe(m): 3:16am On Oct 17, 2013
I am an accountant and I tried UK HSMP in the past before I migrated to Canada. At the moment Accounting is off the list for Canada since April 2010.
Your best option would be Denmark. Their is Accounting on their top list of skills in demand. All you need is your degree , work experience and masters.
Type Danish immigration on Google and go through the requirements. Less expensive and takes less time about 3months. You can do it yourself.

Cheers
Re: Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. by santafe(m): 3:19am On Oct 17, 2013
Sorry I didn't read your post very well. You need accounting experience to use you accounting degree
Re: Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. by metro10: 3:56am On Oct 17, 2013
santa fe: Sorry I didn't read your post very well. You need accounting experience to use you accounting degree

Thanks. Yeah, had only 2years of experience in accounting before diverting to HR.
Re: Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. by metro10: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
More light pls.
Re: Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. by tpia5: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
here's some info on the SKILLS visa act:

House Judiciary Committee Approves High-Skilled Immigration Bill

which replaces the visa lottery program.

Increases and Strengthens H-1B Visa Program: The SKILLS Visa Act increases the H-1B visa cap for high-skilled workers to 155,000 and increases the special pool of visas for foreign graduates of U.S. universities to 40,000. The bill contains enhanced anti-fraud provisions and allows H-1B spouses to work.

Market-Based Approach to Protect American Workers: The bill improves the prevailing wage calculation to better protect American workers and extends the prevailing wage protection to similar visa programs.

Provides Entrepreneur Visas: The bill allocates up to 10,000 green cards a year for alien entrepreneurs who can attract investment from venture-capital firms to establish businesses that will create at least five jobs or have already created five jobs over 10 years through the E-2 treaty investor program.

Strengthens Investor Visa Program: The bill strengthens the investor visa green card program by making the regional center pilot project permanent, indexing investment requirements for inflation, and adding anti-fraud protections.

Eliminates Arbitrary Caps: The bill eliminates the employment-based green card per-country cap, allowing American employers to have access to the best talent.

Keeps Families Together: The bill allocates an additional 25,000 green cards a year to the spouses and minor children of permanent residents. It also raises the family-sponsored per-country cap.

Makes Immigration System Smarter: The bill repeals the diversity lottery green card program, which is a magnet for fraud and poses a national security threat.

http://judiciary.house.gov/news/2013/06272013_2.html
Re: Ideas On Skilled Migration, Pls. by metro10: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
@tpia, thanks.
@All, pls more ideas.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me On What To Do Please / Hue Car Rental With Driver / 'it's Time To Go Home' Scott Morrison Tells Visitors And International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.