Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,465 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:34 PM

Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace (964 Views)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by boik(m): 8:39am On Oct 17, 2013
I have noticed over the years that many of our fellow Catholic girls find it difficult to offer a good or proper handshake when the Priest says 'let us offer each other the sign of peace'. Many of them just reluctantly offer you their hostile fingertips and keep a straight face. At times I can't seem to understand what they feel like. The guys are always willing to offer the gesture. I don't know but I think if a Pastor in a Protestant Church says something like that everybody(girls and boys) will key in fully and cheerfully. Our Catholic girls why na??
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by Bet2020(m): 8:48am On Oct 17, 2013
Good observation @Op... I have been wonrdering why such do happen with our gals....maybe, gals n ladies in da hse shld explain it to us.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by boik(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2013
Nonso23:
Anyway i devised a new move some months ago.
I squeeze their fingers hard and firmly till they wince in pain and then i smile, they look suprised and angry but smile back in return. grin 100% +ve record till date.

@Nonso: lol! I think I like this your move, and will surely apply it from time to time. Na by force now!
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2013
Men and women were separated when I used to go to church. Has that changed?
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by italo: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2013
Good observation. I guess they are just forming "dont get any ideas."
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by tobechi20(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2013
Nonso23: ROFL!
It's not all o! I've had few experiences with these ladies where i worship though. Initially i just put on a straight face shake their ''fingers'' and shrug it off.
Anyway i devised a new move some months ago.
I squeeze their fingers hard and firmly till they wince in pain and then i smile, they look suprised and angry but smile back in return. grin 100% +ve record till date.

plz dont try this in the church
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by tobechi20(m): 9:34am On Oct 17, 2013
Whenever i approach people with hostile face, i simply ignore them and withdraw my hand.

On three occassions , they inquired why i shunned them........i told them plainly... I DONT SHAKE PEOPLE WHO SQUEESE THEIR FACE. IT IS A SIGN OF PEACE NOT A SIGN OF WAR.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by tobechi20(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Men and women were separated when I used to go to church. Has that changed?

you must be living in the 19th century
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by kingarizona(m): 9:37am On Oct 17, 2013
Loooool... Tot I was the only 1 that observes it.... They like forming 21th century chicks(omo aje_ butter), nonsense

But as for me, when ever the priest say "LET US OFFER TO EACH OTHER THE SIGH OF PEACE" and u are a girl and u bring out 1, 2 or 3 fingers to shake me instaed of using your full hands, I'll just grab it, hold it tight and press it with my strong palm. They'll be so vex when they look at me and I'll just wink or smile at them gringringrin (wetin u go do me nothing, abi u go slap me, no be inside church we dey? Make MOD n police carry u comot 4 church) so, next time you'll learn how to give I good hand shake loool cheesycheesycheesy

NONSENSE GIRLS undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by woky: 9:47am On Oct 17, 2013
king arizona: Loooool... Tot I was the only 1 that observes it.... They like forming 21th century chicks(omo aje_ butter), nonsense

But as for me, when ever the priest say "LET US OFFER TO EACH OTHER THE SIGH OF PEACE" and u are a girl and u bring out 1, 2 or 3 fingers to shake me instaed of using your full hands, I'll just grab it, hold it tight and press it with my strong palm. They'll be so vex when they look at me and I'll just wink or smile at them gringringrin (wetin u go do me nothing, abi u go slap me, no be inside church we dey? Make MOD n police carry u comot 4 church) so, next time you'll learn how to give I good hand shake loool cheesycheesycheesy

lolzz bros u dy vex o
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by woky: 9:53am On Oct 17, 2013
boik: I have noticed over the years that many of our fellow Catholic girls find it difficult to offer a good or proper handshake when the Priest says 'let us offer each other the sign of peace'. Many of them just reluctantly offer you their hostile fingertips and keep a straight face. At times I can't seem to understand what they feel like. The guys are always willing to offer the gesture. I don't know but I think if a Pastor in a Protestant Church says something like that everybody(girls and boys) will key in fully and cheerfully. Our Catholic girls why na??
good observation bro, lets hear 4rm the gals..
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by tobechi20(m): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2013
From today, lets replace shakes with hugs
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by Filmewell(f): 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
u all should know and understand that shaking of hands is naturally not a female thing. if u watch ladies greetings ,most times they hug each other than shake hands.so u peeps shd live with it.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 12:40am On Oct 18, 2013
What are these guys talking about?
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 12:43am On Oct 18, 2013
boik: I have noticed over the years that many of our fellow Catholic girls find it difficult to offer a good or proper handshake when the Priest says 'let us offer each other the sign of peace'. Many of them just reluctantly offer you their hostile fingertips and keep a straight face. At times I can't seem to understand what they feel like. The guys are always willing to offer the gesture. I don't know but I think if a Pastor in a Protestant Church says something like that everybody(girls and boys) will key in fully and cheerfully. Our Catholic girls why na??
Nothing, learn to manage it. Half loaf is better than non.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 12:51am On Oct 18, 2013
Bet2020: Good observation @Op... I have been wonrdering why such do happen with our gals....maybe, gals n ladies in da hse shld explain it to us.
Check out perhaps your palms are too strong for their liking. You can try palm softening cream.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 12:52am On Oct 18, 2013
boik:

@Nonso: lol! I think I like this your move, and will surely apply it from time to time. Na by force now!
Somebody dey find slap for church.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 12:55am On Oct 18, 2013
italo: Good observation. I guess they are just forming "dont get any ideas."
No we are not! Just a bit disturbed that its time to jam rough hands again.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 12:57am On Oct 18, 2013
tobechi20: Whenever i approach people with hostile face, i simply ignore them and withdraw my hand.

On three occassions , they inquired why i shunned them........i told them plainly... I DONT SHAKE PEOPLE WHO SQUEESE THEIR FACE. IT IS A SIGN OF PEACE NOT A SIGN OF WAR.
Am taking sides with you. Yea not signs of war.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 1:00am On Oct 18, 2013
king arizona: Loooool... Tot I was the only 1 that observes it.... They like forming 21th century chicks(omo aje_ butter), nonsense

"STRONG HANDS" that's the problem. But bro you bad oo.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 1:02am On Oct 18, 2013
woky: good observation bro, lets hear 4rm the gals..
What do you want to hear again?
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by tpia5: 1:13am On Oct 18, 2013
Sal C: What are these guys talking about?

konji.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 1:15am On Oct 18, 2013
tobechi20: From today, lets replace shakes with hugs
NO!!!

Replace it with waving from afar, that's better.
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by SalC: 6:13am On Oct 18, 2013
Ok, to be frank, I've not witnessed what you people are talking about , but I don't think it's a bad idea to wear a smile during the rite of peace. It is supposed to be the time to do away with personal bitterness and grudges and happily offer the sign of peace to all. If what my brethren said above is true, then we girls need a little re- orientation.

But you men have your own wahala sha.

#PEACE#
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by italo: 7:28am On Oct 18, 2013
Sal C: Ok, to be frank, I've not witnessed what you people are talking about , but I don't think it's a bad idea to wear a smile during the rite of peace. It is supposed to be the time to do away with personal bitterness and grudges and happily offer the sign of peace to all. If what my brethren said above is true, then we girls need a little re- orientation.

But you men have your own wahala sha.

#PEACE#

Its very true o. I think its the same orientation they have outside that they carry into mass. "If i'm friendly, he'll be having ideas."

Though like you said, guys are part of the problem.

If the girl smiles at them, some will start thinking she's tripping.

But mature guys n girls know how to exchange courtesy without these judgemental conclusions.

The problem is: how many are that mature?
Re: Why Do Many Catholic Girls Find It Difficult To Offer Good Hand As Sign Of Peace by boik(m): 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Sal C: I can figure you a very funny person. Yea we guys have our wahala but we hardly show it during mass. And yes these things happen in mass.

@Italo: yes some guys may mistake her gesture for something else but we shouldn't concentrate on the negatives. Many don't think like that and just want the House of God to be lively and friendly. We shouldn't because of that end up keeping the Mass hostile. Instead if the idiot walks to the girls after mass I advise her to give him a serious dressing down, but still smile and shake him next sunday if they sit close.

Finally I think we should all just forget about what we think or carry in our hearts and all our WAHALA and key into the Mass with a cheerful heart.

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs You May Have Had A Past Life / Bishop David Oyedepo Has Been Barred From The Uk(see Proof) / From Winners To Redeemed To Chosen, GEJ Goes To The Lord’s House… Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.