Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Can Processor Speed Change Automatically? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can Processor Speed Change Automatically? (715 Views)

Does A Higher Processor Speed Mean A Beta Laptop? / MACBOOK 10.6.3 (3gig Ram/ 320gigabytes HDD / Processor Speed:2.4ghz) --N65,000-- / Processor Speed Or Ram(random Access Memory): Which Determines Speed Of A Pc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Processor Speed Change Automatically? by Emmyk(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2013
The Laptop's Processor was

Intel(R) Atom (TM CPU N2100 @1.66Ghz 1.66Ghz, yesternight

Then I a made a system Restore,
Checking the system's information now, I'm seeing 1.60Ghz.

The Rating was 2.3 as well yesterday, but now it's 2.2

How do I get it back to 1.66Ghz
Re: Can Processor Speed Change Automatically? by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2013
Did you throttle (Throttling is a way of reconfiguring the speed of your processor) your system setup via the BIOS...?

if not, then your operating system is not reading the actual speed of the processor, best option is to upgrade your operating system or reformat to the Laptop recommended operating system
Re: Can Processor Speed Change Automatically? by Emmyk(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2013
No I didnt throttle ooo.. Is the Bios same as Registry?

Windows 7 came with it, it's still what I'm using.

I had to "system restore" yesterday, because Sound Recorder was not recording my voice...so I thought I tampered with the settings.

Abeg put me through on how to locate the Bios to see maybe I changed anything there.
Re: Can Processor Speed Change Automatically? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2013
No the BIOS setting is not same as the REGISTRY, the BIOS is located via the CMOS setting during system startup, restart your system and click on the button that will direct you to BIOS/SYSTEM SETTINGS Locate the system Information, check if the settings there is same as what you are seeing on your system information in Windows, if it is not same thing, come back to your Computer Information and copy your Processor Information together with your Laptop Model Number, go to the Laptop Manufacturer website, Locate your Laptop Model on the search Bar and check for the Manufacturers recommended operating system for your Processor.
Re: Can Processor Speed Change Automatically? by Emmyk(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
Alright. Thanks so much. I'll do just that. wink

(1) (Reply)

If I Connect My Moderm...something From No Where Starts Downloading...pls HELP / Clean Sharp Arm150 Photocopying Machine For Sale ABUJA / ######## Brand new BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK 32gb,with Complete Accessories .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.