Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Shocking: Couple Sell Daughter Online To Buy Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Shocking: Couple Sell Daughter Online To Buy Iphone (487 Views)

Which Iphone Should I Buy?” Iphone 6 Vs. Iphone 6 Plus / Man Rents Out Girlfriend To Buy Iphone 6 / Couple ‘sell’ Daughterfor Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: Couple Sell Daughter Online To Buy Iphone by mj(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2013
The big question now is, What would you be prepared to do to get the latest iPhone? One couple in China sold their baby daughter, and bought one with the profits, The Independent reports.

Identified in local media only as Mr Teng and Ms Zhang, the Shanghai couple faces jail for alleged human trafficking after “selling” their baby daughter and spending the money on an iPhone, expensive trainers and other luxury goods.

They had been seeking between 30,000 yuan and 50,000 yuan (#780,000 - #1,300,000) for the girl, who was advertised before she was born.

The couple already have two sons, which violates China's one-child policy, and were unemployed, poorly educated, and living off their parents. When Ms Zhang found herself "accidentally pregnant" (according to Liberation Daily), she lied to her neighbours, telling them she had a stomach tumour. She then gave birth at home.

Last year, a teenager sold his kidney to buy an iPhone and iPad. And when the latest handsets launched, a fight broke out at Apple's Pasadena store in the US. One man even hired a group of homeless people to stand in line for him and buy up a load of iPhones that he could sell on for profit.

Last month, Apple launched the iPhone 5s, including a gold-coloured model, and the more budget iPhone 5c in China. The expensive model is outselling the cheaper one by two to one, as people opt for the status symbol over the cheaper model. The gold-coloured model is particularly popular.

Are we too enslaved by gadget lust? or should I say "End Time Things"? What can be done to curb our desires? And what's the craziest thing you've ever seen anyone do to get the latest gadget? Comments start now.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/chinese-couple-sold-their-baby-daughter--to-buy-an-iphone-8890261.html
Re: Shocking: Couple Sell Daughter Online To Buy Iphone by biomedixexcel(m): 11:58am On Oct 19, 2013
Na wa o, na so hunger plenty for China? Front page please ... First to comment, what is the prize?
Re: Shocking: Couple Sell Daughter Online To Buy Iphone by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
dude sold his kidney for iphone? What happpens when ipad 5 comes out, i hope he wont sell one of his ballz.
Re: Shocking: Couple Sell Daughter Online To Buy Iphone by Olamyyde(m): 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
This china sef....they have so much problems.
Re: Shocking: Couple Sell Daughter Online To Buy Iphone by psalmdave(m): 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
Sex should be banned in China.....That's the only hope for themgrin
Their population is not funny at all
Re: Shocking: Couple Sell Daughter Online To Buy Iphone by krugar07(m): 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
why was my post hidden

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Says Goodbye To Its COO, CMO And CFO / Android Airtel BIS Users Like Me Don Enter One Shance / Very Good Hd Andriod Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.