Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,353 members, 7,957,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Cally Ikpe Explains Why Psquare Failed To Get Nominations For The 2013 NMVA - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cally Ikpe Explains Why Psquare Failed To Get Nominations For The 2013 NMVA (927 Views)

Actress Nse Ikpe Etim Shares Sunday Stuning Photo / Nse Ikpe-Etim And Her Husband Need To Get A Room Asap (Photos) / Nse Ikpe Etim Advises Women Looking For Love At 40 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cally Ikpe Explains Why Psquare Failed To Get Nominations For The 2013 NMVA by amakaikeng(f): 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
Cally Ikpe, boss of the Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) in an interview with Punch's Nonye Ben-Nwankwo and Ademola Olonilua, explained why some Nigerian videos never get considered for the NMVA, how some artistes try to buy him over and why Psquare failed to get nominations in any of the categories up for grabs in this year's NMVA.

“We campaign against such. If your video is in that category, it automatically disqualifies from entering for NMVA. You cannot offend people’s sensibilities. It is forbidden for a video that is obscene to earn a nomination. If it is done, then it is regrettable. We frown at what Nigeria frowns at. What the regulatory body doesn’t support, we don’t support it.”

On How Some Artistes Try To Buy Awards:
“Some artistes directly come to me while some come indirectly for me to help them influence the award. They go through their managers. People believe that everything in Nigeria can be manipulated. What makes you think I can really influence the awards? It is a wrong notion. If an award organiser decides to choose the part of dishonour, he will regret it eventually.”

“There won’t be any amount of money that will erase the impression that people pay for the awards. If I sit back and watch the awards ceremony years later, I wouldn’t even have respect for who picked up the award. I would have done a great disservice to them. I have credible people as judges. These are people you cannot intimidate. “I wouldn’t want to lose credibility. I want people to rely on me. That is the reason I feel insulted when people come to me to tell me that they want to win the award this year. If I knew I would influence the award, then why would I need the judges? That is why people won’t respect us as Nigerians.”

On Why Psquare Failed To Get Nominations:
“I personally like PSquare and they have good videos. It is ....continue to read the rest here http://amakaikenga..com/2013/10/cally-ikpe-explains-why-psquare-failed.html

Re: Cally Ikpe Explains Why Psquare Failed To Get Nominations For The 2013 NMVA by homesteady(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
When did P-square say they want to be excused from any awards this year? undecided
Re: Cally Ikpe Explains Why Psquare Failed To Get Nominations For The 2013 NMVA by Anuoluwap(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Cossy Hits $1.6 Million Gold Mine Deal / TRAGEDY: Father 'U' Turn Is Dead / Photo: Maheeda Tells Santa She Hasn’t Found Her Clothes Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.