Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] (8051 Views)

2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Fynestboi: 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Our Personage Viewers let meet in here for discussion about the submitted essay of the contestants.

Thanks.

Just give your comments indicating the contestants Number...
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Oluwatola5(f): 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
When will all essays be released?
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Caracta(f): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
Oluwatola5: When will all essays be released?

In few minutes. We are working on that now
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hmmm waiting patiently....
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by infoscope(m): 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
Space booked, meanwhile I saw some really intimidating essays
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
infoscope: Space booked, meanwhile I saw some really intimidating essays
same here..-haha, so i didn't read any other one again,i don't want to get a heart attack grin

1 Like

Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Illuminatus(m): 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Exactly...
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Obinoscopy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
Weldone fellow contestants, you all did great. The Judges will give their Critic/Appraisal for the various Essays. Also the Four Successful Contestants will be announced here on this thread. Stay tuned.

P.S: Our audience are free to post their arguments either in support or against the essay topics. Audience can also critic or appraise the various contestants essays. Thanks.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Oluwatola5(f): 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
Caracta:

In few minutes. We are working on that now
Hmmm......I love your aptness at replying people. Am glad we have you as one of our judges.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Oluwatola5(f): 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yh, some were simply just.........

Mind-blowing!!!!!
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Oluwatola5(f): 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Elliotwiz1: same here..-haha, so i didn't read any other one again,i don't want to get a heart attack grin
grin grin grin
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Oluwatola5(f): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
Obinoscopy: Weldone fellow contestants, you all did great. The Judges will give their Critic/Appraisal for the various Essays. Also the Four Successful Contestants will be announced here on this thread. Stay tuned.

P.S: Our audience are free to post their arguments either in support or against the essay topics. Audience can also critic or appraise the various contestants essays. Thanks.
Arguements? Me thinks that will only happen when results are out. Now most people will be perturbed with how good or how bad, or how competent their co-contestants are.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
Obinoscopy: Weldone fellow contestants, you all did great. The Judges will give their Critic/Appraisal for the various Essays. Also the Four Successful Contestants will be announced here on this thread. Stay tuned.

will the essays be scored, or would the first four only be announced?

1 Like

Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Caracta(f): 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
Oluwatola5: Hmmm......I love your aptness at replying people. Am glad we have you as one of our judges.

Thank you ma. It's an honour.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Obinoscopy(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
Elliotwiz1: will the essays be scored, or would the first four only be announced?
Yes they will be scored but only the scores of the first four will be revealed.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Caracta(f): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
Elliotwiz1: will the essays be scored, or would the first four only be announced?

The essays will be scored but we'll only release the result of the first four. We hope you don't mind.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Oluwatola5(f): 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
Caracta:

Thank you ma. It's an honour.
You are welcome ma'am smileysmiley
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Obinoscopy(m): 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
Oluwatola5: Arguements? Me thinks that will only happen when results are out. Now most people will be perturbed with how good or how bad, or how competent their co-contestants are.
Whether the audience posts their arguments or not, it won't change the outcome of the result.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by infoscope(m): 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
I am a contestant and I have gone through all the essays, am I allowed to put down my reservations, make an appraisal of some of the essays and counter some of the points?

Purely subjective.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Tosdam(m): 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
Caracta:

The essays will be scored but we'll only release the result of the first four. We hope you don't mind.

U can't do dat, u ought to show the result of all, if u release only four wat it means is dat other write-up has not been screen....
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Caracta(f): 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
Tosdam:

U can't do dat, u ought to show the result of all, if u release only four wat it means is dat other write-up has not been screen....

Yes we can, for the sake of fairness. It won't be nice to show the result of the last person or those with poor performance due to one reason or the other. We can get results across to them without making it a public show.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by infoscope(m): 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
Caracta:

No, since it's an intellectual affair and not a do or die affair as was earlier stated, I think the results of all the contestants should be released so that they(we) know where their weaknesses are. It will only make them get better, moreover it will make the whole process transparent.

Think about it my incorruptible judges.

Thanks
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Fynestboi: 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
infoscope: I am a contestant and I have gone through all the essays, am I allowed to put down my reservations, make an appraisal of some of the essays and counter some of the points?

Purely subjective.
free
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Oluwatola5(f): 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
Obinoscopy: Whether the audience posts their arguments or not, it won't change the outcome of the result.
Ok sir.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Caracta(f): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
infoscope:

No, since it's an intellectual affair and not a do or die affair as was earlier stated, I think the results of all the contestants should be released so that they(we) know where their weaknesses are. It will only make them get better, moreover it will make the whole process transparent.

Thanks

We'll look into your suggestion. However, i want you to understand that we handle things differently. We have no intention of bringing down the morale of anyone through this competition. The viewers can see things for themselves and probably know the essays that are not up to standard.

We can get across to them privately. We will publicly appraise and criticize every essay. I think that is enough.

Again, the judges will look into your suggestion grin
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Obinoscopy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
infoscope:

Thanks
The results of the individual contestants will be revealed to them privately if they so wish. Any contestant who wants to know his or her score should send a PM to either myself or the coordinator after the Four Contestants have been announced. However the scores of the four contestants will be revealed and analysed here.

As regards the contestants knowing their strengths and weaknesses, be rest assured that the Judges will do a Critic/Appraisal of all the contestants work. There in, every contestants can know his or her strong/weak points even before the results are announced.

Thanks.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by infoscope(m): 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
Obinoscopy: The results of the individual contestants will be revealed to them privately if they so wish. Any contestant who wants to know his or her score should send a PM to either myself or the coordinator after the Four Contestants have been announced. However the scores of the four contestants will be revealed and analysed here.

As regards the contestants knowing their strengths and weaknesses, be rest assured that the Judges will do a Critic/Appraisal of all the contestants work. There in, every contestants can know his or her strong/weak points even before the results are announced.

Thanks.

Alright, I think that's fair. I leave it to you guys to do your job. I have no doubt that you guys will do a wonderful work.

See ya
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by dahmie2013: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
I appreciate d moderators for bringing dis 2 d front page&i've gained a lot 4rm just d first contestants essay. However, his intro was quite good, but he hit d nail on d head @ d conclusion. Also, dere's an xample he gave abt his friend being a genius cos he listens alone & passes. I want 2 ask, wen u say pass is it dat d guy is d best in ur class or he just passes? If he just passes den he isn't a genius, but if he uses dis method&he is d best in ur class den one can rate as dat. Just my observatn, I stand 2 be corrected. Not also judging 2.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Obinoscopy(m): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fellow Contestants,

I say well done once again. The Judges have started reading your work. After reading they will score your work and submit to the Chief Judge who will then collate and aggregate scores. The top four Contestants will then be revealed to the Coordinator who will make the announcements by 9pm tomorrow on this thread. Note that Citics/Appraisals from the Judges will be ongoing from now till 5pm tomorrow.

Also the Topic for the second phase of the debate will be revealed by the Coordinator tomorrow and the Four contestants will choose the side they'll be debating on.

The audience are free to ask the contestants a few questions. Audience can even post their arguments or comments on the debate topic.

Thanks
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Illuminatus(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
I agree that all the results shouldn't be published. It'll be immature to spill that on here. It should be sent to the contestants. If the public doesn't trust the judges, well... We'll get to that.
Re: Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission [discussion Thread] by Caracta(f): 7:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
dahmie2013: I appreciate d moderators for bringing dis 2 d front page&i've gained a lot 4rm just d first contestants essay. However, his intro was quite good, but he hit d nail on d head @ d conclusion. Also, dere's an xample he gave abt his friend being a genius cos he listens alone & passes. I want 2 ask, wen u say pass is it dat d guy is d best in ur class or he just passes? If he just passes den he isn't a genius, but if he uses dis method&he is d best in ur class den one can rate as dat. Just my observatn, I stand 2 be corrected. Not also judging 2.

Correct! I'm loving this.

The contestant(s) should feel free to respond to this cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Good Primary School In Okota Or Isolo Lagos / Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? / 15-Year-old Ibukun Omoyeni Wins Africa's Trophy For Spelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.