Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

The Past And The New Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Past And The New Life (443 Views)

Do The Past And Future Exist? / Which Of The Holy Book Is More Violent? Both past and contemporary times / Peace Be On The Blessed Christian Martyrs, Both Of The Past And Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Past And The New Life by beylinko(m): 11:08am On Oct 20, 2013
The past, the present and the future are what a man is composed of, they are what we are all made of. Better put, the past can be seen as a RAW MATERIAL which goes through some PROCESSES and then finally, the FINISHED PRODUCT. The past can also be likened to our yesterday, the present can also be called today while the future can be termed as tomorrow. It is like a starting point, the journey itself and then the destination. In essence, the past, the present and the future are symmetrical, without one there can never be another. In a nutshell; you cannot see a man that doesn’t have a past.In fact, I’m a product of the past and I believe each and every one of us here are too.

In as much as these three are symmetrical, we must be able to differentiate and distinguish them distinctively.
But our inability to differentiate these three distinctively amount to suffering, anguish and pains. If we don’t know when the past is past we struggle with what we could have done easily today and this will definitely affect our future. Somebody said “You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are full of yesterday’s junks.” The past is meant for the past so it should be left there.

Holding on to ones past is like building a castle of placards around oneself with all the rooms fully kitted and accessorized. In that same castle, such individual is the King, the Queen and the servant. These people often build around themselves a sense of satisfaction which is often false and this is because of the experience they had from that same past. They hold on to their past so much that they forget to live in the reality of today. Others had left them behind long time ago and they are sitting under an umbrella sipping lemonade.
Imagine, because horses, donkeys and other animals were the best means of transportation years ago but at the advent of bicycles you decided that no! “I won’t use the bicycles; I would rather stick with my horses than use the bicycles.” Tell me where you will be by now. When others have migrated and started using Mercedes Benz, Peugeot, land cruiser and Ferrari, you will still be there in the sun and the rain labouring in vain.

Let me tweak your imaginations a little bit. Picture yourself all dressed up in a short knickers with my socks drawn to my kneels, a pair of matching shoes and you stand with an Afro hairstyle holding a chalk and a slate lecturing a set of university students who had migrated to using I-pads, I-p0ds, Androids and Blackberries. Won’t it look absurd and out of place? Won’t you make a fool of yourself?
Re: The Past And The New Life by beylinko(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2013
That is just how we are if we kept holding on to our past. The way the there are updates in things around us so also should we update and upgrade our lives. Let us leave the old version and upgrade to a newer version. Behold I will do a new thing says the Lord; NOW it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert?
No matter how our past is whether it is a broken relationship or home, a life of addiction and habits, family background, unanswered prayers, unrealized expectations, unfulfilled dreams, just let it go. Those past and the challenges were to mold us for the future. It will definitely not be easy but I tell you the end will always justify the means. You were like clay under the Knife 0f a Sculptor. The clay undergoes cutting, slapping, pinching and burning. Who told you it was gonna be easy? Learn your lessons and move on. If you don’t learn when God uses a pick hammer on you, He will not hesitate to mold you with a sledge hammer. It is now your choice if you can handle it.

Give room for him. God cannot not do a new thing if we kept dragging ourselves through the mud of the past, be done with it. And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottle and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles” (Mark 2:22, Luke 5:37). If you desire to migrate now the choice is now yours to make.

The choices we made yesterday is what made us who we are today and how well those choices were whether they were wrong or right determined what we are today and that of tomorrow. Whether they are wrong or right determines the altitude we attain in life. Reach out to God (the future) who is the alpha and the omega and he will do a new thing. I see God releasing you from every stronghold of the past In Jesus Name. Amen!

Source :http://godsheir..com/2013/09/the-past-and-new-life.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Seun Banning @ The Muslim Section / Where Is The Sanctity Of Sabbath/sunday? / What Is Magick And Magic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.