Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) (2736 Views)

Army Recovers Arms In A Coffin At A Checkpoint (Photos) / Couple's Throats Cut As They Slept In Enugu / Boko Haram Militants Slit Throats Of 20 Villagers In Borno. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Jbluv55(m): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2013
Militants from the Nigerian terrorist group BokoHaram disguised themselves as soldiers and set up a checkpoint, at which they slit the throats of 19 people who stopped. Adamu Mallam knows that he is lucky to be alive.
The Nigerian trader, travelling through the north-east of the country, came across what looked to be an army checkpoint. But when he drew up and stopped his truck, he was ordered out and made to lie down – realising quickly that the men in military uniform were not soldiers, but members of the terrorist group Boko Haram.
"They made me lie face down on the ground. I was next to be killed," said Mr Mallam. "I heard a man close to me screaming. They slaughtered him with a knife."

Read more below

Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Jbluv55(m): 9:53am On Oct 21, 2013
Mr Mallam was saved when the militants received a phone call, and all sped off on their motorbikes –setting vehicles ablaze as they left.
"I suspect they were alerted to a security presence so had to flee," another trader, with Mr Mallam, told Reuters. "That call saved our lives."
The attack, on the road near the town of Logumani, 30 kilometres (19 miles) from the
border with Cameroon(around 5am on Sunday 20/10/2013), is but the latest in the long list of atrocities carried out by the Islamist militant group – whose name translates as "Western education is forbidden."
BokoHaram, fighting to establish Sharia law in the north of Africa's most populous country, has stepped up the number and scale of attacks in the past two months, with hundreds of killings reported. President Goodluck Jonathan declared a state of emergency in the area in May, pouring in hundreds of extra troops.
But the insurgents are far from defeated and they have begun using the new tactic of fake checkpoints to spread more fear. Suspected BokoHaram gunmen killed 159 people in two roadside attacks in northeast Nigeria last month, also involving fake checkpoints.
Violence by the group is estimated to have cost
more than 3,600 lives, including killings by the
security forces. Mr Mallam's story of Sunday's attack was backed up by another passenger, who told AFP news agency his name was Buba.
"We were asked to get out of our vehicles and lie face down by nine men dressed as soldiers who blocked the road around 5am," he said.
"They shot dead five people and went about slaughtering 14 others before someone called them on the phone that soldiers were heading their way.
"They abandoned the rest of us and sped into the bush on their motorcycles," added Buba, who was shot in the leg.

He said the attack bore the hallmarks of Boko
Haram.
"We knew they were Boko Haram from their
appearance. Soldiers don't wear beards but some of the gunmen were bearded," he said. "Everyone in this area knows Boko Haram is on the prowl, raiding villages and attacking vehicles.
"It has become a common occurrence."
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Jbluv55(m): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2013

Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Annie2gud(f): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2013
Gracious God,please have mercy.
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Jbluv55(m): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Obinoscopy(m): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2013
When will this stop? When will the sponsors be caught and prosecuted? When? I need answers.
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
Obinoscopy: When will this stop? When will the sponsors be caught and prosecuted? When? I need answers.

This will stop when you give your votes to the Man that can win come 2015... Let your vote speak for you. Vote for Buhari
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by donphilopus: 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
God save us from these clueless and heartless terrorists
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Jbluv55(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
The BBC's Nigeria correspondent, Tomi Oladipo, says the army often sets up checkpoints on roads in the troubled region to stop the militants, and it could be that the gunmen copied the tactic to catch their victims unawares.
Boko Haram has waged a deadly insurgency since 2009 in its bid to create an Islamic state in the mainly Muslim north of religiously mixed Nigeria.
It has been blamed for many violent attacks which have claimed the lives of nearly 2,000 people since 2011.
The group's name translates as "Western education is forbidden", and it has carried out several attacks on schools and colleges, seeing them as a symbol of Western culture.
Last month, up to 50 students died when suspected Boko Haram militants attacked an agricultural college in the north-east.
The Nigerian military said in August that it might have killed the group's leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a shoot-out.
However, a video released last week purportedly showed him alive. Other previous reports of his death later proved to be unfounded.

Below is a video of weapons purportedly captured by BokoHaram from a raid on an army barracks earlier this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El-O37TNIm4
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by wasdatsohard(f): 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
What is all this sef? Is there ever going to be a week or month that we won't have all this killings? Chei! I cry for Nigeria my country.
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by greatness77: 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2021

This will stop when you give your votes to the Man that can win come 2015... Let your vote speak for you. Vote for Buhari
apc change, hope u are enjoing your changep?

1 Like

Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by mccloud224(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
You know the problem with us black Africans....

We know what is right. Most of us don't have the balls to fight for what is right. Saviors spring up every now and then and what do we do? We sabotage their efforts because of petty nonsensical reasons such as tribalism and religious differences. That is why Igboho and kanu are where they are today.

The Islamization agenda heralded by the Fulani is over glaring such that even the blind can see through it. How many I go talk?

Dangote cement is now N4,100. In Ghana its N800 max. In Gambia its less than N1,300. Na which day we go get sense? Dangote happens to be Fulani. Every key post controlling Nigeria is run by Fulani. We allow them get to that level because we hate ourselves so much that we would rather have a Jubrin of Sudan rule over us via proxy of "presidential committee" than do what is right. If it were an Edo/Benue/Imo/Cross River person at a time like this when a bag of beans = N100,000 civil war would have broken out long ago.

Southern borders remain shut while excess food keeps pouring into the North. Still on the matter, some sub humans are pushing for Tinubu 2023. Una no dey pity your unborn pikin?

We no like oursef walahi.

1 Like

Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by FuckDModz: 12:26am On Dec 10, 2021
grin

Fake news, the northeast is safer than Anambra!
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Deadmeat: 5:19am On Dec 10, 2021
Allah disciples doing their usual thing
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by uthlaw: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2021
mccloud224:
You know the problem with us black Africans....

We know what is right. Most of us don't have the balls to fight for what is right. Saviors spring up every now and then and what do we do? We sabotage their efforts because of petty nonsensical reasons such as tribalism and religious differences. That is why Igboho and kanu are where they are today.

The Islamization agenda heralded by the Fulani is over glaring such that even the blind can see through it. How many I go talk?

Dangote cement is now N4,100. In Ghana its N800 max. In Gambia its less than N1,300. Na which day we go get sense? Dangote happens to be Fulani. Every key post controlling Nigeria is run by Fulani. We allow them get to that level because we hate ourselves so much that we would rather have a Jubrin of Sudan rule over us via proxy of "presidential committee" than do what is right. If it were an Edo/Benue/Imo/Cross River person at a time like this when a bag of beans = N100,000 civil war would have broken out long ago.

Southern borders remain shut while excess food keeps pouring into the North. Still on the matter, some sub humans are pushing for Tinubu 2023. Una no dey pity your unborn pikin?

We no like oursef walahi.
so tinubu is also Fulani, tell us the candidate to vote for in the next election... You where saying the truth until you land on tinubu...I can vote for any candidate (peter obi,osibanjo,zulum)but using language or religion on politics is a no no!
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by mccloud224(m): 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
uthlaw:
so tinubu is also Fulani, tell us the candidate to vote for in the next election... You where saying the truth until you land on tinubu...I can vote for any candidate (peter obi,osibanjo,zulum)but using language or religion on politics is a no no!

Perhaps you should through the post again. Tinubu is no Messiah. He is actually a Fulani slave working for the emancipation of the Kaliph and doesn't give a hoot about whose ox gets gored. If my rhetoric offends you...No Apologies.
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by DoctorDree(m): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2021
This country will soon cease to exist
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by adecz: 5:47am On Dec 12, 2021
undecided

ATTENTION❗️❗️

❌❌❌❌❌❌☹️❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

EVERYONE SHOULD NOTE THAT THIS
IS A 2013 POST.

CHECK THE DATE❗️❗️

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by sotomayor: 6:34am On Dec 12, 2021
2013 news naihim una go dig come
Re: Massacre At Fake Checkpoint As Bokoharam Slit Throats Of Travellers(19 Killed) by Solly1(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2021
Bokoharam...? I mean, I thought these jerks were wiped out, the entirety of them..

Insurgency and insecurity are the major problems plaguing this shitty Country...

RIP to the dead.

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Jail Able Offence To Sleep With A Married Woman? / Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). / VIDEO: Nigerian Woman Paraded Unclad In Ghana For Alleged Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.