Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

V - Monologue - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / V - Monologue (1228 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

V - Monologue by clocky(m): 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2006
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.
Re: V - Monologue by Seun(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2006
This is from the movie 'V For Vendetta'. Can you translate it into simple English?
Re: V - Monologue by bluenubian(f): 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2006
hmm, even though i dont know the meaning of 80% of all the V words used, the dialogue sound like a meeting between 2 people, u dont have to try and crack ur brain to understand what the heck they are saying, jus the general idea
Re: V - Monologue by diddy4(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2006
clocky:

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

when i heard dis line in the movie, i cudnt get a thing. i just looked so confused. but it was a good grammer though but i didnt get it.

(1) (Reply)

The Phone Call / The Philosophy Of A Woman. / This Love Called Jeci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.