Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. (1094 Views)

Learn Web Design With Video Tutorials From Nairaland -HTML,CSS,BOOTSTRAP Etc. / Checklist For Starting A Successful Blog From Scratch / Video Tutorials From Lynda.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:52am On Oct 22, 2013
I believe we must start now to contribute and give back to the web design and development community. You will believe with me that we have gained a lot from the code community in this industry. We have downloaded some awesome free video tutorials. We have gone through some premium, yet free written tutorials. And we have learned a lot from these colleagues around the web from the nations of the world. We in Africa, Nigeria in particular must starting thinking about learning and teaching others and learning along the line. We must give back to this industry. It's not about getting the money. It's about making a positive impact in the life and career of others.

To contribute my own qouta in my own little way, I have dedicated a website where I will be doing some awesome tutorials during my spare time. I will be doing series of web design and development tutorials from scratch. I believe in doing something from scratch. I believe in learning how things work. I am not against someone using a free template, but I want the person to first know how to code web templates from scratch on his own.

This is how it will work for now. I will first do the tutorials on Nairaland and then upload to the website. I intend that the website will later become a chronicle of awesome web design and development tutorials from me and my friends. No signup is required. No payment is needed. No adverts will be placed. Just tutorials. Just a learning ground.

I just did a little home page for it. I have mapped out 12 tutorials I will face in the next couple of months.

Check: www.webtutsfromscratch.com

More is yet to come in this industry. Let's keep learning. Let's keep teaching. Let's keep making impact. Let's keep earning. And let's keep growing. Cheers.
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by pisolution(m): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
Do you build this the theme you use for your site from the scatch or do you purchase and modify it. I love it. If yes - I mean if you build the theme from scatch then why don't you start a website that sells theme? Don't you think Nigerians will love it and will also save the cost of buying from other country? There would be no worry about PayPal or credit card headache.
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
@GraphicsPlus

Nice One Brov.. The Concept is really Mind-Blowing.. Am not that Versed In CSS buh am really learning a lot from Your TuTs..

@Pisolution

Your idea is Great.. Buh keeping his templates Open Source @1st is a great one.. It'll help newbies learn the act..

The Only Problem we are facing in this Country is that we programmers tend to Assume that they are ok when they learn the Basics of a Language.. Ma Level on web dev is intermediate buh I don't wanna take or do any job and design something that's poor.. I wanna learn ery language I want to carefully and understand the core of the language.. Not just designing Mediocre websites..

Thumbs Up G+..

1 Like

Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by sanny18(m): 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
is microsoft designer also building from the scratch
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by pisolution(m): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Djangocode:
The Only Problem we are facing in this Country is that we programmers tend to Assume that they are ok when they learn the Basics of a Language.. Ma Level on web dev is intermediate buh I don't wanna take or do any job and design something that's poor.. I wanna learn ery language I want to carefully and understand the core of the language.. Not just designing Mediocre websites..

Thumbs Up G+..
You're right but sometimes you learn by trial and error. If you wait till you are perfect, you might lose opportunities.
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
pisolution:
You're right but sometimes you learn by trial and error. If you wait till you are perfect, you might lose opportunities.

Well, U are right Brov.. Maybe its Just me sha..
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by antontech(m): 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Can't miss this. may God bless u
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by brown4959: 9:53am On Nov 14, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

Check: www.webtutsfromscratch.com

THIEF!!!
selling others hard work

2 Likes

Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by dwittyc0der(f): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2013
lmaooo !!! ogbeni leave mr graphics alone naah tongue but seriously graphicsplus shuld stop coming here saying shhit !! he is buying those themes and customizing !!! ..... just saying !! but if u dey do am urself !! bravo bro bravo !!.. go start ur own themes store and call it Uzorthemes.com
grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
brown4959:

THIEF!!!
selling others hard work
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by pisolution(m): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2013
I'm highly disappointed in Graphic Plus. All those video tutorials he is selling, he got them from www.thenewboston.org/tutorials.php
You can go there to download it for free.

1 Like

Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Pisolutions

I don't really blame him though.. Its quite capital expensive to get those videos.. Buh the Price Tag is too much..

All in all, he shoulda provided links as u did for peeps to download.. Its only fair when u charge for one on one training and not for simple Links..

www.thenewboston.org/tutorials.php has it all..

(1) (Reply)

Take A Screenshot Of A Whole Web Page Online At Web-capture / Hacked 200 Facebook Accts For Sale.. / 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.