Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

How Can An Individual Overcome Unexplained Sad Mood? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can An Individual Overcome Unexplained Sad Mood? (491 Views)

RSS Feeds On Individual Topics / How Can We Overcome Feelings Of Rejection? / Douzy - The Individual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can An Individual Overcome Unexplained Sad Mood? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
I've noticed most times people look dull and gloomy (myself inclusive) and are not really "in the mood". You just find yourself not being happy, as if something is bothering you. But when u search deeper in your hearts you can't really point out what the problem is.

I've noticed that amongst some of my friends too. I have tried on my own to figure it out but cant get a convincing answer.

I will be very grateful if someone in the house can explain better:-
- what causes it,
- how to overcome it, and also
- how to prevent it.
Thanks in advance.
(I don't know the answer that's why I am asking. So If you dont know it either, no need to display childish behavior just PASS)

I hope I am posting this in the right section. But if I'm, Moderator you can help me take it to the appropriate section. Thanks
Re: How Can An Individual Overcome Unexplained Sad Mood? by DarryOsh(m): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
Wel, I believe there is always a trigger, even if one is not aware of it. It wil help if u are more self-aware. having said that, u cant be in high mood at all times, i dont think that wil be too good for our minds (too much of everything.....the same reason why too much of foul mood aint good too).

Anyway, wen i am in a foul mood, i just try to deal with d underlying issue. And in some cases, u just av to develop some sort of mental mechanism for dealing with it (develop some sort of thick skin). for example, some could just say something upsetting to you. you just have to deal with it or it bothers u, robs u of ur good mood.

In some sad mood situations, sometimes i just cal my friend (my very good pal), and we do a full-blown pity party. Its kinda ironic but it works. being able to laff about it, i suppose you just overcome it. Hope it helps
Re: How Can An Individual Overcome Unexplained Sad Mood? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
DarryOsh: Wel, I believe there is always a trigger, even if one is not aware of it. It wil help if u are more self-aware. having said that, u cant be in high mood at all times, i dont think that wil be too good for our minds (too much of everything.....the same reason why too much of foul mood aint good too).

Anyway, wen i am in a foul mood, i just try to deal with d underlying issue. And in some cases, u just av to develop some sort of mental mechanism for dealing with it (develop some sort of thick skin). for example, some could just say something upsetting to you. you just have to deal with it or it bothers u, robs u of ur good mood.

In some sad mood situations, sometimes i just cal my friend (my very good pal), and we do a full-blown pity party. Its kinda ironic but it works. being able to laff about it, i suppose you just overcome it. Hope it helps

Thanks bro. That was quite informative.

But then what is that trigger u r talking of. cos I think a problem is best solved if eradicated from the roots.
Re: How Can An Individual Overcome Unexplained Sad Mood? by Arosa(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
@Op, this sounds like depression. It's a very common mental illness, everyone go through it at some point in life. if you have had it for more than a week, do see a doctor. In the States they prescribe prozac for it. it's well.
Re: How Can An Individual Overcome Unexplained Sad Mood? by DarryOsh(m): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
changes1:

Thanks bro. That was quite informative.

But then what is that trigger u r talking of. cos I think a problem is best solved if eradicated from the roots.

what i mean is that a foul mood is usually triggered by something....it could be anything. you could wake up one morning and the first news on tv is about young Syrian or Somali children blown to smithereens by bombs. That news can affect you more than you realize and can alter your mood for the rest of the day. And you keep wondering why you are in such a mood. So it could be anything, but i believe there must be something. It could be some non-achieved goal, feelings of inadequacy, rejection, betrayal....anything. It can happen at sub-conscious level such that we are not even aware of the exact thing that is affecting our moods.

On the flip side, sometimes you are just so happy and you cant really say why. i believe there is always a reason. maybe you had a happy dream that you cant even remember...but the subconscious remembers.....

NB: i am not a psychologist. Everything i said is strictly my opinion, not professional stuff. wink

(1) (Reply)

Aero As Nigeria’s Flag Carrier? / Female Banker Arrested Over Rep Member’s Death / Need Help with this please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.