Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

The New Archos Gamepad - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Archos Gamepad (2014 Views)

ARCHOS 50B Platinum Full Specs Review & Price In Nigeria / Archos 80 Xenon 3G Tablet / The New Archos 53 Platinum Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hello nairalanders,A new gamepad just like psp has been lauched,It is running on android OS instead.This is specification.
Display •7’’: 1024x600 capacitive 5 points multitouch screen
Application framework• Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
processor • ARM CORTEX™ dual-core A9 @ 1.6GHz
• GPU quad-core Mali 400 MP
• 3D OpenGL (ES 2.0)
capacity • Flash Memory: 8GB* + microSD Slot (SDHC
compatible up to 64GB)
RAM • 1GB RAM
Video playback 1 • H.264 HD (up to 1080p@30 fps)
• MPEG-4 2 HD (up to 1080p@30 fps)
• With the above codecs, the device can play video
files with the following extensions: AVI, MP4, MOV,
3GP, MPG, PS, TS, MKV, FLV
Audio playback • MP3
• WAV (PCM/ADPCM)
• AAC3 , AAC+ 5.1 3
• OGG Vorbis
• FLAC
Photo viewer • JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
webcam • Front camera
Interface • USB 2.0: Mobile Transfer Protocol (MTP)
• microSD (SDHC compatible)
• mini HDMI output6(Mini HDMI / HDMI cable sold
separately)
Wireless and network •Wi-Fi
Miscellaneous • Built-in speaker
• G-sensor
• Built-in Microphone
Power source • Internal: Lithium Polymer battery
• External: Power adapter/charger
Dimensions and weights • 229.8 x 118.7mm x 15.4mm (9’’x 4.6’’x 0.6’’)
• 330g (11.6 oz)
software update • Updates can be downloaded at www.archos.com
Minimum system
requirements
• Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista, XP, or higher and
Windows Media Player 11
• Mac OS. X with Transfer Files application (not
included)
• Linux with android MTP tool (not included)
• USB 2.0 interface

So does this has the potential of beating the regular PSP?.Let's hear your review.
http://www.archos.com/products/themed/gamepad/index.html?country=us&lang=en#a
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
Some cool pics

Re: The New Archos Gamepad by 2NDACCT(f): 7:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
LOVE IT
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
2ND ACCT: LOVE IT
Yep.I knw my andriod phone can do most of this stuff,but it is better to have a special device for gaming.Bigger screen,great keypad love it too.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by krugar07(m): 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
this stuff has been out for quite some time now
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
krugar07: this stuff has been out for quite some time now
Yea.maybe august if i am correct.This is a newer version.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by krugar07(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Idrismusty97: Yea.maybe august if i am correct.This is a newer version.
i cant see any difference. and this definitely cant beat the ps vita
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 8:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
krugar07: i cant see any difference. and this definitely cant beat the ps vita
Lol,i thought of this too.the ps vital can even play ps3 games but andriod are gradually coming up.Andriod devices now have emulators for PSP games.I am using it
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by krugar07(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Idrismusty97: Lol,i thought of this too.the ps vital can even play ps3 games but andriod are gradually coming up.Andriod devices now have emulators for PSP games.I am using it
true
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
krugar07: true
Yea.you can also use other intresting android apps such as ZDbox,BBM,whatsapp and lots more.I think this is the major advantage of this pad over PSP.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by krugar07(m): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Idrismusty97: Yea.you can also use other intresting android apps such as ZDbox,BBM,whatsapp and lots more.I think this is the major advantage of this pad over PSP.
it will be awkward doing any besides gaming on this game tab grin. just imagine typing with the on screen keyboard with the xtras getting in the way . coulda been better if they made the gamepad part detachable grin
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
krugar07: it will be awkward doing any besides gaming on this game tab grin. just imagine typing with the on screen keyboard with the xtras getting in the way . coulda been better if they made the gamepad part detachable grin
It is also touch screen by the way.When you want to type it will bring out a QWERTY keyboard just like an android phone.You can also choose to play a game such as angry bird with the touchscreen or you can use the keypad.Its your choice.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by physise(m): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
hw much
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
physise: hw much
Its $174 approximately N28500.The highest you can get it is N30,000
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by LordReed(m): 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Android games are not yet up to PSP games in terms of content. Only a few of then can be more engaging than endless runner types (Temple Run) or Angry birds. If I was looking for a gaming device i'd rather get a console or a PSP not an android device.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hope you read what i wrote earlier.Any PSP lower than the PS vital has lost to android.

Idrismusty97: Andriod devices now have emulators for PSP games.I am using it

Lord_Reed: Android games are not yet up to PSP games in terms of content. Only a few of then can be more engaging than endless runner types (Temple Run) or Angry birds. If I was looking for a gaming device i'd rather get a console or a PSP not an android device.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by psalmdave(m): 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lord_Reed: Android games are not yet up to PSP games in terms of content. Only a few of then can be more engaging than endless runner types (Temple Run) or Angry birds. If I was looking for a gaming device i'd rather get a console or a PSP not an android device.
Didn't u read it,its not just for games,u can whatsapp,bbm,zd box etc,browse.....I guess a console and psp can do all that....or have u not heard of psp emulator for android

No one is comparing it with psp or any gaming device,Its just a gamepad running on Android
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by 2NDACCT(f): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
psalmdave: Didn't u read it,its not just for games,u can whatsapp,bbm,zd box etc,browse.....I guess a console and psp can do all that....or have u not heard of psp emulator for android

No one is comparing it with psp or any gaming device,Its just a gamepad running on Android

Naw CLAP FOR YOURSELF.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
psalmdave: Didn't u read it,its not just for games,u can whatsapp,bbm,zd box etc,browse.....I guess a console and psp can do all that....or have u not heard of psp emulator for android

don't mention dat emulator again.. if u have a PSP u will understand wat am trying to say
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2013
Point of correction!
Game console
Not
Game pad!
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 24, 2013
if i need a game console or pad or anythang.. i always got xbox and playstation... if i have a need for whatsapp, bbm, and other android features, i got a smartphone...

comparing dis crappy 1gbram android device to a psp as in playstation guys game is utmost silly...

when it comes to game devices, playstation rules, followed by xbox..my own view..

exactly same way android rules for smartphones...still my own view...

so android switching to join d game industry is exactly d same stup|d move tonto dike made, switching to join the music industry..

in simple words..

psp murder dis 1gb ram crap hands down...

its a welcome idea, but dont compare dis with playstation devices no more..
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Idrismusty97(m): 12:38am On Oct 24, 2013
deejay_harry1: if i need a game console or pad or anythang.. i always got xbox and playstation... if i have a need for whatsapp, bbm, and other android features, i got a smartphone...

comparing dis crappy 1gbram android device to a psp as in playstation guys game is utmost silly...

when it comes to game devices, playstation rules, followed by xbox..my own view..

exactly same way android rules for smartphones...still my own view...

so android switching to join d game industry is exactly d same stup|d move tonto dike made, switching to join the music industry..

in simple words..

psp murder dis 1gb ram crap hands down...

its a welcome idea, but dont compare dis with playstation devices no more..
If you can quote where i compare it to PlayStation then i will confidently say my thread is useless/stupid or anyhow you choose to call it.I remember how you portray your arrogance in The top 10 mobile OS https://www.nairaland.com/1483966/top-10-mobile-operating-system
I told you arrogance will get you nowhere.It seems your arrogance has started to manifest its negative attributes.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by nani667: 12:40am On Oct 24, 2013
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 24, 2013
Idrismusty97: If you can quote where i compare it to PlayStation then i will confidently say my thread is useless/stupid or anyhow you choose to call it.I remember how you portray your arrogance in The top 10 mobile OS https://www.nairaland.com/1483966/top-10-mobile-operating-system
I told you arrogance will get you nowhere.It seems your arrogance has started to manifest its negative attributes.
and psp is a SEGA device i guess..lol..

apparently d only device u know as playstation is d playstation 1, 2,3 series... totally forgetting or mayb dosnt even know d psp mentioned is a playstation device..

guy u said dis achos android watever might be a runner up to d psp..

and im simply putting it , no android device yet should be mentioned togeda with any play station device, not even d psp.. when it comes to games, they aint on d same par..

TAKIN MY TIME TO REPLY YHU AGAIN IS A MISTAKE I WILL NOT MAKE EVER AGAIN ON NAIRALAND.. CIAO..

and watever nigga.. regarding to d arrogance ishh u keep spewing...
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 24, 2013
Idrismusty97:

So does this has the potential of beating the regular PSP?.Let's hear your review.
http://www.archos.com/products/themed/gamepad/index.html?country=us&lang=en#a
OH AND DIS IS WHERE U COMPARED IT TO D PLAYSTATION..

u can now call ur thread useless.... ur words not mine... wink
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by krugar07(m): 5:24am On Oct 24, 2013
Idrismusty97: It is also touch screen by the way.When you want to type it will bring out a QWERTY keyboard just like an android phone.You can also choose to play a game such as angry bird with the touchscreen or you can use the keypad.Its your choice.
ya i knw its touchscreen. if you read closer you ll see that i wrote ONSCREEN keyboard. Using a keypad for angrybirds , u must be kidding yourself!!!.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by krugar07(m): 5:30am On Oct 24, 2013
Idrismusty97: Hope you read what i wrote earlier.Any PSP lower than the PS vital has lost to android.

how can you say such. psp with a dedicated gaming engine, fully evolved games,.i repeat u must be kidding urself. n BTW its PS Vita not vital.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by LordReed(m): 7:22am On Oct 24, 2013

And did you read what OP said saying its a special device for gaming? In other words its a handhelded gaming device which is what a PSP is so I'd rather have a PSP simple.

1 Like

Re: The New Archos Gamepad by psalmdave(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2013
Lord_Reed:

And did you read what OP said saying its a special device for gaming? In other words its a handhelded gaming device which is what a PSP is so I'd rather have a PSP simple.
And so? What crime have they done by producing a gamepad running on android,

Y do u guys find so much pleasure in picking offence for absolutely nothing undecided
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by LordReed(m): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2013
psalmdave: And so? What crime have they done by producing a gamepad running on android,

Y do u guys find so much pleasure in picking offence for absolutely nothing undecided

Are you dense? Did I condemn the gamepad? I offered my opinion and you here talking rubbish.
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by Ologunsunny: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
pls it support ao many sims one or two
Re: The New Archos Gamepad by psalmdave(m): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Are you dense? Did I condemn the gamepad? I offered my opinion and you here talking rubbish.
Opinion ok no p

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Iphone Shocked A Nigerian User / The High Performance Smartphones With Cheap Price In 2015 / Photos That I Took With The PhonePad 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.