Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,548 members, 7,865,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:45 PM

“I AM” The Bread Of Life Part 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “I AM” The Bread Of Life Part 2 (518 Views)

The Bread Of Life / “I AM” The Bread Of Life Part 1 / Lessons Of Life (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I AM” The Bread Of Life Part 2 by charisville: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2013
I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world. John 6.51

The bread of life came down from heaven to give Himself for the world. When most believers read this passage they only visualise it as a spiritual eating and not physical. John 6:54, “the one who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day”. The word “eats” in greek is “trogon” which means to “chew” or “masticating”, a crunching sound.

The bread which was generally eaten by the Jews was hard and made a crunchy sound when eaten. This my friends, speaks of the communion. No wonder in the account of Paul about the communion, he said; “for this cause many of you are sickly, weak and die” (1 Corinthians 11:30). This happens when believers don’t really discern the Bread of Life and when it is taken infrequently.

So beloved, how often do you remember the Lord Jesus? He said, as often as you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you remember me. There is healing, strength and life in taking the communion.

You wonder why the apostles had so much speed, power and impact with the gospel? They always partook of the communion from house to house. Jesus is calling on you to remember Him often and in turn, be filled with life, strength and health.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for Your body that was broken for me, that mine will never become weak or broken. I am full of life, in Jesus Name.

Follow @charisville on twitter

Url: http://charisvillecapsules.org/i-am-the-bread-of-life-part-2/

CVC BB Pin: 26655112

Charis Ville Capsules

(1) (Reply)

Faith For Finance : U Can Have What You Say / Anti-christ May Come From A Virgin / Filled And Fulfilled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.