Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

"Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" (1660 Views)

Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years / If God Sees All, He Know Adam Was Going To Sin So Why Did He Create Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2013
Adam is a key figure in Scripture. He is described as the "first Adam," the one who brought sin into the world. He made it necessary for Jesus, the "last Adam," to atone for all humans, and then rise from the grave with the promise of complete redemption for fallen man and fallen creation. If Adam was just a myth, we would not be able to fully understand the work of Jesus. If Adam and Eve were not real, then we ought to doubt whether their children were real too, and their children...and then we ought to doubt the first 11 chapters of Genesis, and so on. All the genealogies accept Adam as being a literal person, so their children Cain and Abel (Genesis 4:9,10; Luke 11:50,51) must be real too. Jesus was descended from Adam, and it is impossible to be descended from a myth.

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a quickening spirit" (1 Corinthians 15:45). From, The Evidence Bible -> http:///1bEnd2s

1 Like

Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
Since you claim Adam never existed, you should be able to tell me whom the first man was. So, who was the first man to have ever lived?
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
kolawaxxy: Since you claim Adam never existed, you should be able to tell me whom the first man was. So, who was the first man to have ever lived?

Read the op again
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
BULLSH1T!!!
you don't just wake up,type crap without any genuine reason and expect pple to accept.
u fink adam ain't d first man? den give logical reasons&explanation.
i can't make out any sensible reason y adam ain't d first man frm d above writeup
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
in d corinthians verse mentioned above,my version says:
"the scriptures tell us the first man,adam,was given a natural,human body..."(LIVING BIBLE)
how does that debunk adam's story? maybe u shud come up wit beta reasons or expantiate dz one!
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Read the op again
i've read it half a dozen times and seems i'm having issues seeing his point of view sad would you mind looking for d ans to kola's question{wuz d first man?} in d op's write up? cheesy
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by MrTroll(m): 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Read the op again
see how dull they are? They just read the topic and rushed to comment without realizing that the OP was making a case FOR the existence of Adam from their silly book. . .
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:
i've read it half a dozen times and seems i'm having issues seeing his point of view sad would you mind looking for d ans to kola's question{wuz d first man?} in d op's write up? cheesy

I dont blame you.....the op is crap. It does a poor job of proving that Adam was ever real
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mr Troll: see how dull they are? They just read the topic and rushed to comment without realizing that the OP was making a case FOR the existence of Adam from their silly book. . .

Never understimate christian butthurt grin grin grin

Once they find something slightly offensive about their religion................
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mr Troll:
just as expected.....hmmn...it never gets better,does it?
read the topic again and the write up then check your irrelevant comment! #no offence
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by Joshthefirst(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
kolawaxxy: Since you claim Adam never existed, you should be able to tell me whom the first man was. So, who was the first man to have ever lived?

Did you read the op at all?
Smh
Don't be too quick to type.
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by MrTroll(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Never understimate christian butthurt grin grin grin

Once they find something slightly offensive about their religion................
And see the question they're even asking sef. Smh.

For someone who thinks the bible is the best book on human origin and everything in between what do you expect. I don tire for them. . .
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont blame you.....the op is crap. It does a poor job of proving that Adam was eva real
of course u cant,@least,nt yet. ''adam was ever real?''...is that wah u meant there? grin :S
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Smh
i think y'all r mixing dz sh1t up..
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont blame you.....the op is crap.
ikr....i couldn't have agreed any better!
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
OP OLAADE,would u quit just viewing the topic and say something? @least,defend your crap.
cos to me,the write up is divided into two antagonizing parts which also contradicts the topic! illuminate me plz..
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by Joshthefirst(m): 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:
read the op. He was just using the title to attract attention. Smh
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: read the op. He was just using the title to attract attention. Smh
lwkmd,thats rily pathetic of him except it was an error.
besides,any need proving adam existed....yet to meet any1 that thinks otherwise sha#peacE!
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by MrTroll(m): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:
besides,any need proving adam existed....yet to meet any1 that thinks otherwise sha#peacE!
Lol. Ignorance is a disease.
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by davidhume1: 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:

Wow!
It took you NINE posts to figure it out!

Though, i still doubt that you have grin grin grin
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by lanaVello1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
david_hume:
It took you NINE posts to figure it out!
Though, i still doubt that you have
der wz notin 2 figure out xept y an op wud giv a writeup a topic contradictin d msg in it.
yes,m yet to figure such a senseless tin out!
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
kolawaxxy:

Since you claim Adam never existed, you should be able to tell me whom the first man was. So, who was the first man to have ever lived?

Good question. cool
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:

BULLSH1T!!!
you don't just wake up,type crap without any genuine reason and expect pple to accept.
u fink adam ain't d first man? den give logical reasons&explanation.
i can't make out any sensible reason y adam ain't d first man frm d above writeup

What does the Bible say?

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him" (Proverbs 18:13).
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:

in d corinthians verse mentioned above,my version says:
"the scriptures tell us the first man,adam,was given a natural,human body..."(LIVING BIBLE)
how does that debunk adam's story? maybe u shud come up wit beta reasons or expantiate dz one!

Did you see the topic in quote? How do you read?
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:

I'm pretty sure you must have understood the OP by now.
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont blame you.....the op is crap. It does a poor job of proving that Adam was ever real

How have I not proved that Adam was real?
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst:

Smh

God bless you my brother. The Scriptures admonishes us to be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath.

1 Like

Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:

Has it occurred to you yet that you might be the one who has his facts mixed up?
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:

OP OLAADE,would u quit just viewing the topic and say something? @least,defend your crap.
cos to me,the write up is divided into two antagonizing parts which also contradicts the topic! illuminate me plz..

The title in quote is an objection from a skeptic while the OP tends to answer the question objectively.

1 Like

Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst:

read the op. He was just using the title to attract attention. Smh

Let's hope that he got the point now.
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:

Don't be surprised that there are folks here who have a contrary opinion to yours.
Re: "Adam Was A Mythical Figure Who Never Really Lived" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello:

der wz notin 2 figure out xept y an op wud giv a writeup a topic contradictin d msg in it.
yes,m yet to figure such a senseless tin out!

Have you ever heard of objections and answers?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastors With Big Rings / Jesus NEVER Existed and was a 'mythical character' historian claims / How Can Intending Couples Avoid Sexual Incompatibility In A Christian Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.