Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Why Is The Meat/fish The Last Thing To Be Eaten After Each Meal? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is The Meat/fish The Last Thing To Be Eaten After Each Meal? (595 Views)

One important thing to note when coming to Osun State for the first time? / What Is The Most Difficult Thing To Find In Life? / What Was The Last Thing You Bribed For To Get Your Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Meat/fish The Last Thing To Be Eaten After Each Meal? by Mesut11: 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
I remember when I was a kid and my mum would serve my meal and insist I don't touch the meat until I finish the food or she intentionally will not put meat until she makes sure I am filled or have finished what she served.

Now that I am in my 20s and eat at will without being monitored by anyone. I still notice that the meat is the last thing I eat after every meal, even when I have 2 or 3 sometimes. This is what happens everywhere I see people eating. So I wanna know;
is it a "culture" thing?
Is it a way of life?
or do we just do it unconsciously?

I haven't had the opportunity to be out of the country, but I'd like those who are to please tell us if it is the same with folks in other countries. Cos it seems to be the trend here in Naija.
Re: Why Is The Meat/fish The Last Thing To Be Eaten After Each Meal? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Saving the best for last?
Re: Why Is The Meat/fish The Last Thing To Be Eaten After Each Meal? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ok
Re: Why Is The Meat/fish The Last Thing To Be Eaten After Each Meal? by Mesut11: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Igban: Saving the best for last?

LoooooooL
Re: Why Is The Meat/fish The Last Thing To Be Eaten After Each Meal? by youngPRO(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
How many pieces of meat do u have in ur plate?

(1) (Reply)

Happy Thanksgiving!! / I Will Be Dancing In Joy To This Song All Day / Lost But Found: Calling On Adeyo Adekunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.