Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? (7013 Views)

Best Colour To Go For In A Car!!! / Changing Car Seat From Leather To Fabrics / Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
I will like to change the colour of my car.
Can I do that arbitrarily? Or do you I need to get formal permission from any agency or parastatal? Or will a court affidavit be okay?
I need enlightenment.
Re: Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? by chucky234(m): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2013
Visit any FRSC office to inquire from them, though I think you might as well need a police report.
Re: Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? by aaidel(m): 6:58am On Oct 27, 2013
to change car color? never heard of such but maybe there is a law which no one remembers wouldnt hurt to ask at the relevant agencies
Re: Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
x-fire:
I will like to change the colour of my car.
Can I do that arbitrarily? Or do you I need to get formal permission from any agency or parastatal? Or will a court affidavit be okay?
I need enlightenment.

Go to licensing office and tell them you want to change your car color. Cost me about N500 to do mine. They would just change it on the computer and print out a copy for you. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2017
[url]http://www.lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/FEDERAL-ROAD-SAFETY-COMMISSION-ACT.html [/url]

9. Change of colour of a vehicle

(1) If the colour of a vehicle is to be changed, the owner shall apply for approval from the Director, Motor Vehicle Administration or any person authorised by him in RS Form ML 42 specified in Schedule 1 to these Regulations and unless such an application is approved, the owner of the vehicle shall be restrained from changing the colour of the vehicle.

(2) A new vehicle licence shall be issued after payment of the fees prescribed to reflect the new colour of the vehicle and the old vehicle licence shall be withdrawn from the owner.

(3) The change of all the particulars of the vehicle shall be reflected in the

registration book by the Directorate of Motor Vehicle Administration.

(4) Where the colour of a vehicle is changed without due approval, the licence of such a vehicle shall become invalid and the owner of the vehicle is guilty of an offence under this regulation and liable on conviction to a fine of N5,000 or to imprisonment for a term of one year and the confiscation of the vehicle by the licensing authority.
Re: Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? by blanquecheque: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2018
[url]http://www.lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/FEDERAL-ROAD-SAFETY-COMMISSION-ACT.html [/url]

9. Change of colour of a vehicle

(1) If the colour of a vehicle is to be changed, the owner shall apply for approval from the Director, Motor Vehicle Administration or any person authorised by him in RS Form ML 42 specified in Schedule 1 to these Regulations and unless such an application is approved, the owner of the vehicle shall be restrained from changing the colour of the vehicle.

(2) A new vehicle licence shall be issued after payment of the fees prescribed to reflect the new colour of the vehicle and the old vehicle licence shall be withdrawn from the owner.

(3) The change of all the particulars of the vehicle shall be reflected in the

registration book by the Directorate of Motor Vehicle Administration.

(4) Where the colour of a vehicle is changed without due approval, the licence of such a vehicle shall become invalid and the owner of the vehicle is guilty of an offence under this regulation and liable on conviction to a fine of N5,000 or to imprisonment for a term of one year and the confiscation of the vehicle by the licensing authority.

Woow. No be small tin o. One year imprisonment for beautifying my own property.

(1) (Reply)

Please It's Urgent! I'm About To Buy A Ford Edge..advice Me!! / Pontiac Vibe / 2013 Kia Rio Engine Swap/conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.