Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? (24174 Views)

Mattex Professional Entreprise (expert In Painting & Srceeding) Portharcourt. / The Importance Of Using The Right Colours When Painting A House. / Painting A Two Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Hbuyosh(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Nope I was not depressed on the contrary I was impressed. There was a certain opulence to the entire effect as the room was well finished with nice fittings and furniture. As for black being the stuff of jails I have never seen that. For me it is enough that this clime is too hot to deploy black as a colour for a home but that doesn't mean black won't work as the colour palette if one decides to. Black can be made to convey opulence and style if well handled.
It's scientifically proven, colors have effect on pipo's mood, and black tends to cause feelings of sadness. It's a bad idea to have black as dominant color for a room.

nna_bu_ike:

Wrong! Blackbodies absorb heat. A perfect blackbody will absorb all radiation that is incident to it, and this is why it will not be desirable, particularly in Nigeria, because you will then need unnecessary amount of energy just to keep the insides cool.(Maybe it would make sense in somewhere like scandinavian regions where it is usually cold though).
No wonder there's such a high rate of suicides in the scandinevia!
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Hbuyosh(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Nope I was not depressed on the contrary I was impressed. There was a certain opulence to the entire effect as the room was well finished with nice fittings and furniture. As for black being the stuff of jails I have never seen that. For me it is enough that this clime is too hot to deploy black as a colour for a home but that doesn't mean black won't work as the colour palette if one decides to. Black can be made to convey opulence and style if well handled.
It's scientifically proven, colors have effect on pipo's mood, and black tends to cause feelings of sadness. It's a bad idea to have black as dominant color for a room.

nna_bu_ike:

Wrong! Blackbodies absorb heat. A perfect blackbody will absorb all radiation that is incident to it, and this is why it will not be desirable, particularly in Nigeria, because you will then need unnecessary amount of energy just to keep the insides cool.(Maybe it would make sense in somewhere like scandinavian regions where it is usually cold though).
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by enigmatique(m): 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
Kai! Reading d comments of dis thread has had me laughing hilariously. Wheew! Such funny answers. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by rhames(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
Paint your own room black grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by rhames(m): 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
brandan99: MAKE $500+ EVERY DAY WITH YOUR FACEBOOK
ACCOUNT.. DONT MISS THIS!!.. They are giving out
free copies of the ebook containing all the secrets.. Go and download
yours before they give out all the free copies.... goto
www.fbsuccesszone..com

How much do you make on the internet monthly?
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by LordReed(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hbuyosh:

Really? Point me to such a study.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by clemtony(m): 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2013
Pls ooo,its so wrong.cos at nite like 9ja where there is not always a steady light, d house might confuse a motorist who might ß heading to d way of dat house. U̶̲̥̅̊ know what will happen nxt...
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Mustay(m): 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
ScanLess: It is a very good idea, you will have the remaining 359 demons that mohamed chased out of the kabba coming live there with you grin, then it will be an international tourist attraction with lots of foreign revenue flowing in wink but check the contrast below first

Sorry to digress but just some bit of education here. I would ignore the bigotry aspect:

That 'black' building is not what you think, it's a black duvet that covers the Kaabah. It's called the Kiswah and it's changed yearly. You can do some research about it and the pictures here will give you a closer view! cool

Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Hbuyosh(m): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Really? Point me to such a study.
Yeah, really, there's indeed a correlation between color and people's emotions. The internet is awash with such info you can do research. These links might start u off: http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-black.html and http://jrscience.wcp.muohio.edu/nsfall99/ProposalArticles/Draft1Howcoloreffectsyour.html
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by LordReed(m): 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hbuyosh:
Yeah, really, there's indeed a correlation between color and people's emotions. The internet is awash with such info you can do research. These links might start u off: http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-black.html and http://jrscience.wcp.muohio.edu/nsfall99/ProposalArticles/Draft1Howcoloreffectsyour.html

The first one is more of a psychological opinion not a scientific study. The second one is a proposal for a study where is the result?

Because black is traditionally associated with death doesn't make it unsuitable for interior decor. My car seats are black leather so are the dash and fittings, it doesn't make me feel depressed in any way neither have negative thoughts been brewed in my head because of it. My fridge I see every day is black, I don't catch a dose of fear every time I enter the kitchen.

If you are thinking that painting a room is all there is to interior decor then you are mistaken.

As I said black can provide a very good canvas for simulating opulence look at a few pictures.

These are similar to the place I described in a previous post. With good taste one can turn black into the stuff dreams.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by debbleopto: 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
Emzybrown: That should be a form of mental slavery, we meant to believe that anything black is evil....

to prove you aren't slaves anymore to the whites, Nigeria should paint Aso rock black colour and name it BLACK HOUSE since the Americans call theirs WHITE HOUSE
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
WOW! BLACK PAINT GO MAKE SENSE O. INFACT, I WILL REPAINT MY HOUSE FROM WHITE TO BLACK COLOUR BECAUSE IT IS A NATURAL COLOUR.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by XploraBen(m): 12:26am On Oct 27, 2013
The idea of painting houses black in Nigeria is a primive perception nd it's also assumed dat there're some fiendish forces that accompany it.The truth is dat with d advent of science & technology ,we're now able 2 know dat BLACK BODIES or SURFACES absorb heat more than bodies or surfaces of any colour.{i.e in O'level Physics
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by shytoo: 6:30am On Oct 27, 2013
olowe2007: . As for the demons, how?
How does black attract demons. pls be scientific. From experience, we even know that most of those demonic mammy water girls are fair in complexion.INfact dy are Yellow
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by calcal: 8:30am On Oct 27, 2013
if nothing wrong you wouldn't border to ask.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Hbuyosh(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2013
Lord_Reed:

The first one is more of a psychological opinion not a scientific study. The second one is a proposal for a study where is the result?

Because black is traditionally associated with death doesn't make it unsuitable for interior decor. My car seats are black leather so are the dash and fittings, it doesn't make me feel depressed in any way neither have negative thoughts been brewed in my head because of it. My fridge I see every day is black, I don't catch a dose of fear every time I enter the kitchen.

If you are thinking that painting a room is all there is to interior decor then you are mistaken.

As I said black can provide a very good canvas for simulating opulence look at a few pictures.

These are similar to the place I described in a previous post. With good taste one can turn black into the stuff dreams.
He he, i am not saying you should discard your black items, or that the instant you see a black color you turn gloomy. Nor am i saying black painting cannot be appealing. Infact my car, cooker and computer are black and they are very beautiful.
But surely a dominant black color for a room is tacky, it is pretty overwhelming. Pretty much what i'd feel if you placed me in the rooms above. Black should be flanked to a larger extent by some brighter colors like white, cream, peach, orange etc. Black gives a room a sombre ambience which in turn influences your mood. I can't imagine having this small apartment of mine painted black. Aaargh!
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2013
eriegua83: Men wear black suite on their BEST DAY (Wedding day) of their lives.

Who says its the best day oftheir lives? cheesy grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by LordReed(m): 11:08am On Oct 27, 2013
Hbuyosh:
He he, i am not saying you should discard your black items, or that the instant you see a black color you turn gloomy. Nor am i saying black painting cannot be appealing. Infact my car, cooker and computer are black and they are very beautiful.
But surely a dominant black color for a room is tacky, it is pretty overwhelming. Pretty much what i'd feel if you placed me in the rooms above. Black should be flanked to a larger extent by some brighter colors like white, cream, peach, orange etc. Black gives a room a sombre ambience which in turn influences your mood. I can't imagine having this small apartment of mine painted black. Aaargh!

So if you where in say the room in that last picture you'd feel it was tacky? LoL. I guess your taste doesn't run to the lines of simple elegance.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Hbuyosh(m): 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
Lord_Reed:

So if you where in say the room in that last picture you'd feel it was tacky? LoL. I guess your taste doesn't run to the lines of simple elegance.
That house of spook, are u kidding me? How you see these, particularly the last pic as elegant defeats me...
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by nikkyshyne(f): 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
I won't look forward to going home if my apartment was painted black.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by LordReed(m): 6:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hbuyosh:
That house of spook, are u kidding me? How you see these, particularly the last pic as elegant defeats me...

As I said simple elegance, black and white, very simple colour scheme with very tasteful furniture and fittings.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Hbuyosh(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
Lord_Reed:

As I said simple elegance, black and white, very simple colour scheme with very tasteful furniture and fittings.
It's okay if you like this color scheme and you find it appropriate for your livingroom, though piple in Nigeria as well as here in kenya would think u eccentric. But i still believe that colors possess the subliminal ability to positively or negatively influence our emotions. Do not just dismiss that as a non-proven perception. There's a shred of truth in that.
So, you should wisely choose colors for your living space.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by LordReed(m): 12:02am On Oct 28, 2013
Hbuyosh:
It's okay if you like this color scheme and you find it appropriate for your livingroom, though piple in Nigeria as well as here in kenya would think u eccentric. But i still believe that colors possess the subliminal ability to positively or negatively influence our emotions. Do not just dismiss that as a non-proven perception. There's a shred of truth in that.
So, you should wisely choose colors for your living space.

The reverse is quite the case. You shouldn't dismiss it simply because some psychologist says black will make you depressed. If I was living in a temperate climate I would consider black but in the tropics its a no-no for me.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
LadyH: doh soh doh inukwa ajuju, doh re mi ijurum kam za?
soh fah mi re doh, i na aju mu, doh mi soh soh doh,m maa za zikwa, doh mi soh, o jugo!!! Should i finish it? Phew! Lolgrin
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by LadyH(f): 7:01am On Nov 01, 2013
click2cbn: soh fah mi re doh, i na aju mu, doh mi soh soh doh,m maa za zikwa, doh mi soh, o jugo!!! Should i finish it? Phew! Lolgrin
ohboy i no knw pass where i bin stop oo....
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2013
LadyH: ohboy i no knw pass where i bin stop oo....
Nonny, I no even no say na u b dis oh, dat ur hairstyle cover ur face I no see am well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Can Build A Room And Parlor Self-contained / Another Building Collapses In Lagos / 3 Billion Naira Residential Building. Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.