Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil (8369 Views)

8-Year-Old Pupil Arrested In Ogun For Reporting His Teacher / BREAKING: School Building Collapses In Jos, Several Pupils Feared Dead. / Photos: Indian Parents Climb School Wall To Help Their Kids Cheat On An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Oct 25, 2013
A childs life is involved here.. cry

SO irrespective of tribe, political party affiliation or whatever, I say RIP child, you are yet another victim of poor governance and African mentality syndrome in Nigeria..

I think all governments around Nigeria should focus on maintainance. Infact, no more new projects.. Make sure the existing ones are still up to code or renovated to meet current standards. angry

This child died because somebody didnt think it necessary to put a little money into a dilapitated school.. If the erosion in the school was severe enough to pull down the wall of the classroom, its simply means that the schools environment isnt suitable for children to be in or around, simply put, the school is a big HSE hazard.. angry

Until the day we start to realize that we have a problem in this country as a people (not just the government), we can never find salvation.

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by point5: 10:18am On Oct 25, 2013
Nw dat d wall has takin lif,,I bliv dey wl nw bring out moni 2 put it in order,,foolish pipo,stupid leaderz
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Eneze1(f): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju: A childs life is involved here.. cry

SO irrespective of tribe, political party affiliation or whatever, I say RIP child, you are yet another victim of poor governance and African mentality syndrome in Nigeria..

I think all governments around Nigeria should focus on maintainance. Infact, no more new projects.. Make sure the existing ones are still up to code or renovated to meet current standards. angry

This child died because somebody didnt think it necessary to put a little money into a dilapitated school.. If the erosion in the school was severe enough to pull down the wall of the classroom, its simply means that the schools environment isnt suitable for children to be in or around, simply put, the school is a big HSE hazard.. angry

Until the day we start to realize that we have a problem in this country as a people (not just the government), we can never find salvation.

GBAM. well said
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Melancholy(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2013
anonimi: I hope the parents do the right thing- SUE the state and LGA authorities for gross negligence.
It is time we make those responsible actually RESPONSIBLE. It is not just about some local official showing belated sympathy that does not serve as a deterrent to OUR public SERVANTS sleeping on duty while receiving huge allocation monthly.

Meanwhile in other news the CLUELESS governor of the state is STARTING the demolition of houses SUPPOSEDLY for planned road construction while NOT adequately focusing on the education of all residents of the state.
Maybe he plans to import Chinese technicians & people to maintain the roads IF/when finally completed.
bro,my governor is more pragmatic to our needs than ur slowpoke governor,aiit?!
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by hairbraiding: 10:53am On Oct 25, 2013
R.I.P to the dead child. So sad

http://www.hairbraidingnetwork.com/photo
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by ChrisGnarly: 10:58am On Oct 25, 2013
d place is it not our former presido place? God will ponish soon...............
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Zet72(m): 11:01am On Oct 25, 2013
My condolence to the family., But why in such thread;u will not find people like gbawe, dayokanu, ekoile & co? Please whoever sees them, tell them that they attention is needed here.

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by basilo101: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2013
SE is crying of erosion dia by attracting funds frm international donors while SW laugh n claim dat all is well wit them. RIP d dead
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by sCun: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2013
See the kind of school they have in the developed southwest.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by bokoarerams: 11:40am On Oct 25, 2013
I blame the headmaster of d sch. If he inspect his sch regularly he would know the wall is weak and prevent his pupils from playing close. Those blaming the government have a very rear brain disease called kolomentality
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by sCun: 11:45am On Oct 25, 2013
I thought erosion only happens in South east??
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2013
sCun: See the kind of school they have in the developed southwest.

Please lets not tribalize this issue at all as it is critical to the future of your children and mine...

PUBLIC EDUCATION in Nigeria is an eyesore and it cuts across all regions.. The South-west, the South-South, the East, Middle belt, North and everywhere else. Thats why I am not impressed one bit when Rochas declared free tuition in Imo State University that isnt fit to train even a Ekuke Bingo dog in, talkless of to even use it as poultry.. angry Yet he spent money to beautify the gate of the school, commissioned the New School gate in style (the picture of the frsh school gate at commissiong can be found on Imo State Gov website) but if you cross that gate into the school itself, you would know that the only qualified graduates of the school are those studying BSc. Gateman.. grin grin

A school was undergoing erosion (which as a geological engineer I can tell you didnt happen overnight except it was a Mass wasting like creep, mud slide or one of those larger scale types, but this article said erosion which means it was over a period most likely years) and yet nobody did anything about it. The Board/Ministry of Education did nothing, the Principal did nothing, the Parents Teachers Association of the school did nothing, the Local Government did nothing, the State government did nothing, the F.G did nothing.. Now 1 child is dead.. Still, I can bet you that nothing concrete would be done. They would prolly tag it 'AN ACT OF GOD'.. angry

Please a childs life was lost here.. This thread should be tribalism free. The child that died prolly still has his innocence and cant tell the difference between a Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa student in his class. That wall didnt kill the child because he was Yoruba or whatever. For all we know, the dead child might have even been Igbo..

Maintainance is a culture, not a project.

Look at what we are doing to virtually every aspect of Nigeria. PHCN|NEPA died because of poor maintainance culture, Our rifineries have a combined operational capacity of less than 50% thanks to no Maintainance, Nigerian Airways nko?! Nitel nko?! Water works, name one thing we have maintained in this country?!

Please dont derail this thread.. NO TRIBALISM HERE TODAY!! Or the gods would visit you in their wrath.. angry

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Italiano1: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
sheniqua:

I thought they said erosions don't happen in the south west

Why are you taking panadol for another man's headache? This is a rare occurrence and cannot be compared be with the land of the rising sun that is ecologically ravaged and decimated.

Instead of coming here to celebrate, why don't you concentrate on the fate of your missing brother Ejiogu from Nnewi

[img]http://3.bp..com/-ZioYa1ucUf4/UmoErGL427I/AAAAAAAAwFA/7KecNbN1TI8/s1600/Ejiogu.jpg[/img]

http://www.olufamous.com/2013/10/a-nigerian-ejiogu-sentenced-to-death-in.html#more

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by eaglechild: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
ifyalways: I know the Nld resident,disgusting phoools would forget it was someone's child that just died,a mother just lost a child and yet mooorons who are lucky to be on the internet have turned this to politics.

May same fate befall y'all ! Disgusting pigs
Ify, don't look at it that way.
Some one lost a very dear child, but if people don't cry out and hold the authorities responsible, many other people will lose their children.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by vislabraye(m): 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
There's nothing tribal about this. It's pure negligence.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by CharliParker: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
Because of this incident kudos to u my able Govnor Owelle Rochas for the project of rehabilitating over 360 primary schools buildings in Imo state other Govnors should emulate this pls, RIP to the Children
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by mrakin(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
46. vislabraye(m): Quote Post
There's nothing tribal about this. It's pure negligence.

True talk
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Okijajuju1(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
CharliParker: Because of this incident kudos to u my able Govnor Owelle Rochas for the project of rehabilitating over 360 primary schools buildings in Imo state other Govnors should emulate this pls, RIP to the Children

Look at this nutsack a.k.a Akpa Amu..

Rochas 360 schools... grin For which state?!
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by anonimi: 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Melancholy: bro,my governor is more pragmatic to our needs than ur slowpoke governor,aiit?!

Na which state I come from to start with
Shey you be oracle-ous prophet ni abi you be winch?
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by anonimi: 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

You mean that all the hours we spent for night vigil, prayer & fasting, sacrifices etc in churches, mosques & shrines amounts to nothing
Haba!
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Lawalemi(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
I read the LG Chairman lamentation on his Facebook and I lambasted him. Why wait for things to get this bad?

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Cool83(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
boko are rams: I blame the headmaster of d sch. If he inspect his sch regularly he would know the wall is weak and prevent his pupils from playing close. Those blaming the government have a very rear brain disease called kolomentality
the school authority had wrtting several letters to d Govt without any respond,that building was built in 1945,there are much population in d sch without classroom,so they continue to use the classroom because they cant teach the student under tree.Govt have neglect sch in those areas
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by sheniqua: 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lawalemi: I read the LG Chairman lamentation on his Facebook and I lambasted him. Why wait for things to get this bad?

I hope they don't harm you for speaking out
You know how vindictive and wicked these people can be
They don't like hearing the truth
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Cool83(m): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lawalemi: I read the LG Chairman lamentation on his Facebook and I lambasted him. Why wait for things to get this bad?
i dnt think d man has any project in sango ward.
bad people
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by anonimi: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
Cool83:
the school authority had wrtting several letters to d Govt without any respond,that building was built in 1945, shocked shocked there are much population in d sch without classroom,so they continue to use the classroom because they cant teach the student under tree.Govt have neglect sch in those areas

Why are we so wicked to OURSELVES
Public school building since 1945 and no rehabilitation, refurbishing or replacement since!
Na wah oh!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mind Blowing Facts- Picture Series. Vol 1 / NECO To Register SSCE Candidates Offline, Says Scratch Cards Not Available / Yabatech Change Of Course Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.