Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server (674 Views)

Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost / Start Mysql In Xampp / XAMPP Or WAMPSERVER, Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by HookesLaw: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
I am about to run a software on a xampp server using an intranet live production environment. Please I want to know the likely risk involved in using xampp in a live production environment other than a developer's environment. The house response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by bigtt76(f): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
It is not safe as it's got several default settings that may be exploited if you don't know how to configure it correctly.

If I may ask, what Operating System runs on your hosting server? Why not just get a server running Linux or on any of the various hosts and install the Apache/PHP/MySQL stack? On Windows, this can be achieved too. Why risk running XAMPP on Production? Its grossly unethical and unprofessional grin
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by HookesLaw: 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Thanks for your response. I was just thinking what if i password the apache,mysql and phpmyadmin just to restrict access to to the base file and likewise rename xampp to also deny access to it via a web browser, pls will these be alright and secured. Thanks for your anticipated response
bigtt76: It is not safe as it's got several default settings that may be exploited if you don't know how to configure it correctly.

If I may ask, what Operating System runs on your hosting server? Why not just get a server running Linux or on any of the various hosts and install the Apache/PHP/MySQL stack? On Windows, this can be achieved too. Why risk running XAMPP on Production? Its grossly unethical and unprofessional grin
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by HookesLaw: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Pls i still need answers from the house
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by bigtt76(f): 8:26am On Nov 03, 2013
Sorry been away. Please what operating system runs on your production environment? I'm a professional and cannot sit back and allow you to go against what is unethical. You can conveniently install a stack consisting of PHP, MYSQL and Apache in most OS without compromising safety. No amount of spoofing g would protect your XAMPP from being hacked when the need arises so to speak.
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by soloqy: 11:12am On Nov 03, 2013
What exactly are you trying to do? What is the project about? Why not just move it to a typical LAMP environment hosting if its production ready?
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by HookesLaw: 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
Thanks for your response. Let do it this way,pls send ur phone contact to my mail (oludareman@yahoo.com) then i giv u a cal. Thanks
soloqy: What exactly are you trying to do? What is the project about? Why not just move it to a typical LAMP environment hosting if its production ready?
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by HookesLaw: 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pls send ur phone contact(oludareman@yahoo.com) to my mail for me to xplain to u better. Thanks
bigtt76: Sorry been away. Please what operating system runs on your production environment? I'm a professional and cannot sit back and allow you to go against what is unethical. You can conveniently install a stack consisting of PHP, MYSQL and Apache in most OS without compromising safety. No amount of spoofing g would protect your XAMPP from being hacked when the need arises so to speak.
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by HookesLaw: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2013
Please i still the help and answer 4m the house
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by bedfordng(m): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2013
HookesLaw: Please i still the help and answer 4m the house
xamp is basically use for offline development.you will need a live environment to get best result because some stuffs you code may not function well unless its been tested live
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by HookesLaw: 8:15am On Nov 07, 2013
Thanks for your response.yes i know but pls how can i get a live environment for production? Txn
bedfordng: xamp is basically use for offline development.you will need a live environment to get best result because some stuffs you code may not function well unless its been tested live
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by HookesLaw: 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
Pls I still need help concerning the topic
Re: Please I Need Help On A Xampp Server by Successguilders: 6:54am On Nov 08, 2013
HookesLaw: Pls I still need help concerning the topic
stop looking for hel get am ebook on sql and mysql database, very comprehensive and solve this issue once(just 500)
emmanueltechnology15@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Get Former Naijaloaded Script / The Function Of Who Viewed Your Profile On NL / Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.