Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Airtel And Their Illegal Practices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel And Their Illegal Practices (731 Views)

Dial *442# On Your Airtel And Drop Your Comment / How To Browse The Internet With Little Or No Money Using AIRTEL And MTN / Airtel And Google Give Nigerians Free Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by spicyonu(f): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
I loaded a thousand naira on my phone to be able to migrate to a browsing plan and this sim of mine I bought solely for that purpose so I dumped it. After loading at night I woke up the next morning only to migrate and use on my laptop, only to check my balance and see AIRTEL had deducted five hundred naira(500), I was so pissed and decided to call the customer care a woman answered I asked her why was that so she said "you migrated to a plan where Nigerian news are being sent to you" I told her no that I didn't migrate to any plan of such and I had all the mssgs Airtel sent to me cos i don't delete them and I've never received any Nigerian news mssgs. The phone went off. I called again another woman answered and I asked why she said "you migrated to a plan that sends you noews on estates which costs #10 daily" and I said I didn't migrate to any plan of such and I've my mssgs from the day I bought the sim till date she said "the sim was migrated to the plan automatically" before I was disconnected. sad
Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by Randerl: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bro, just BREAK D SIM and Get Anoda..1 or MTN
Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by spicyonu(f): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
now what is the meaning of this angry this is how they make their gains. Obviously they lied because the two agents that attended to me said two different things. This is how they extort money from their customers even if you didn't migrate they will say you did because obviously they are the ones sitting in front of the system. I want my complaint to be heard by the management because every Airtel customer is a victim which is illegal...
Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by spicyonu(f): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Randerl: Bro, just BREAK D SIM and Get Anoda..1 or MTN
thanks bro
Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by psucc(m): 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
They also deducted from account when I called they said i borrowed when i insisted i didn't they ask my to call again next day that they do not have an update on my transactions which i did for more than 5days. I gave up when they said their system that suppose to update my transactions is down and they are working on it.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by deekseen(m): 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
Experienced the same thing. But mine was smaller deductions. Called customer care and they told me I migrated to a plan that sends me news. Told them it was a new sim and no such migration was done by me. They later said it the plan came with the sim. I had to ask them to migrate to another plan that has no hidden charges. They did that free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by krugar07(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
spicyonu: now what is the meaning of this angry this is how they make their gains. Obviously they lied because the two agents that attended to me said two different things. This is how they extort money from their customers even if you didn't migrate they will say you did because obviously they are the ones sitting in front of the system. I want my complaint to be heard by the management because every Airtel customer is a victim which is illegal...
dont get it twisted. its not like the #500 deducted turned to physical cash and entered anyone's pocket, so they(the costumer care guys) cant extort money from people in that way. except they did it to random people, somehow transfered it to their personal phones, and resold the airtime.
Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by 2NDACCT(f): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
Same to me... The customer service said I subscribed for sports news, like wtf

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by venorite(m): 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Never leave credit on your airtel line over night, load credit when you are ready to use it. Airtel na thief and they will drain all you credit overnight

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Illegal Practices by spicyonu(f): 11:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
why do they migrate we the customers without our knowledge It's suppose to be a mutual agreement. This is fraudulent...

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 For Sale / Meet Romo, The Iphone Powered Robot! / Android Users Pleaase Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.