Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,873 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Persecution, Integrity, Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Persecution, Integrity, Faith (1417 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Can a Man With Integrity Be Both a Soldier And a Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
I'm starting this thread because someone, obviously in ignorance, actually insulted the integrity of the christian faith and reduced the intensity of our badge, our suffering and persecution

First, let it sink into you that the bible prophesied the very mess this world is in now, part of it due to the exploiting of people through religion by greedy men.
See this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1489494/out#19026716

Some people also blame believers for the wars carried out in time past by the roman catholic church during the time of the inquisitions, and other religious wars.as shown below

mazaje:

Hope you know that christians have killed many people in the name of christianity many many times?. . .The people that brought christianity to the shores of africa were mostly slave traders. . .You know nothing but the one sided indoctrinated rosy picture you have been feed. . .Which love are christians showing?. . .Nigeria is one of the most religious christian country I know, the question is where is the love?. . .Where is it show me pls or shut up. . .

Which tormentors where and when, the same christians that are busy killing kids in the name of witches, discriminating against gays, stealing against each other in the name of giving to the church etc. . .Christians have tormented many when the church was under the church in europe, study your history well. . .The only thing that has made the church loss its grip on power is democracy in the western world. . .
The same north where christians in jos are recorded to be eating the flesh of muslims while chanting we are soldiers of Christ?. . .What the hell are you talking about?. . .I have seen christian bigotry and violence because I am a full hausa ex christian guy. . .
ss
Lie, you kill and get killed as well. . .Go study the religious wars started by christians, Ireland was a complete mess because of two christian faction that could not agree with each other. . .Christians have killed so many in the name of jesus. . .

For example, Mark Juergensmeyer argues: "that despite its central tenets of love and peace, Christianity—like most traditions—has always had a violent side. The bloody history of the tradition has provided images as disturbing as those provided by Islam or Sikhism, and violent conflict is vividly portrayed in the Bible. This history and these biblical images have provided the raw material for theologically justifying the violence of contemporary Christian groups. For example, attacks on abortion clinics have been viewed not only as assaults on a practice that Christians regard as immoral, but also as skirmishes in a grand confrontation between forces of evil and good that has social and political implications."[16]:19–20, sometimes referred to as Spiritual warfare. The statement attributed to Jesus "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" has been interpreted by some as a call to arms to Christians.
Which reality. . .Here is the reality. . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/war/religious/holywar.shtml

The link show the many wars christians have wage to spread the faith among other things.. .

These people do not realize that the very people they blame for the persecutions were the people who suffered the most.
Even wikipedia knows this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians
You can also see more at this website

www.persecution.com

And this:
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.christianbooksummaries.com/library/v1/cbs0118.pdf&sa=U&ei=erNqUtjsNsex0AWjpYHACQ&ved=0CBgQFjAG&sig2=ekf7STCdSPIAhtjBxLPNmw&usg=AFQjCNFmtIJAs9CJqNgEcI6ulmxw_gDtwQ

What people do sometimes is mix up religion with christian living and life. The people of antioch who were the first to be called christians were not called so because they were pedalling a hypocritical religion, but because of their lifestyle of integrity, love, and faith in Christ Jesus.
And I assure you, although its hard to look because of the bigotry of religion and the cheating we see these days, if you look well, you can still see the real deal. The people who walk in Gods love and freedom from the bondage of sin.
You see, though the devil tries to cloud or destroy the reputation of Christ, he will always fail. The whole point of christianity is freedom from sin and response and consistent living and walking in God's love.
So nigeria is one of the most religious nations, what do we show for it? Corruption, sin everywhere. This shows that these men do not know God, but they try to adopt Christ as their idol. Christ did not come to replace the pagan idols of yore. Christ came to save from sin and return men to God as they believe.
So are you just a religious person, do you think you're a christian by going to church and doing ritualistic nonsense? The real mark of christianity is repentance from sin and dead works and our badge is suffering as we stand for Christ and good in this world. Christians don't lie, steal, cheat, covet, talk less of kill. They sacrifice, they preach, they live, they have Gods love in them.
Accept Christ today and be saved from the wrath and judgement of sin.

Our badge of integrity:
I believe you should ask yourself why these deluded men would sacrifice their lives not to kill others, but to save others. Why would these deluded fellows be dehumanized and tortured beyond belief for showing love? Why would they be killed and scorned allover the world. What makes these deluded fellows have this kind of faith to forgive their tormentors and the killers of their loved ones? To go out to preach the gospel knowing they would be killed.
Why? What?
It can't be religion. Religion itself persecutes these men. I've lived in nothern nigeria. I have seen the difference between religion and the real deal.
Christs love keeps us. The reality of salvation from sin makes us sacrifice our lives and reputations and brothers to hold on to it.
Others kill, we are killed. Others maim, we are maimed. Others spite, we go on. We preach and suffer, yet we preach. We must save this world with the gospel message of salvation and love. We are after its best interests
This is reality.
Gods love for the sinner keeps us going. The love of Christ constrains us.

2 Likes

Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Majaze destroyed your op.

Guy......you just put up some petty persecution of christians to offset the MONUMENTAL amount of christian atrocities and evil that Majaze put up.

I give this thread 1/10

FAIL!!!
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
Oga Josh, go sleep, na you kill Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
^^^Oya clap for yourself
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicboy03: Majaze destroyed your op.

Guy......you just put up some petty persecution of christians to offset the MONUMENTAL amount of christian atrocities and evil that Majaze put up.

I give this thread 1/10

FAIL!!!
this is a blatant lie.
Millions of christians have been killed and persecuted throughout the ages. The real deal is the most persecuted faith in the world.

It is obvious you did not read the op since you still blame christians for 'committing atrocities'
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Mintayo(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Op,you have said the truth. I actually did not understand completely the difference btw christainity and religion,infact, i always see christainity as a religion until i travelled to the south-eastern part of Nigeria,in a community where people have been decieved into believing that they are practising christainity whereas it is religion.
It is only someone that have the indepth understanding of what Christ came to do that will not mix christainity with religion.
Religion is man's way of getting to God,man's way of pleasing God,man's way of 'helping' God,man's way of saving himself,christainity is God's way of saving mankind through Christ Jesus,christainity is Redemption.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: this is a blatant lie.
Millions of christians have been killed and persecuted throughout the ages. The real deal is the most persecuted faith in the world.

It is obvious you did not read the op since you still blame christians for 'committing atrocities'

You christians lie and hype up your persecutions.

For instance, the claim that christians were fed to lions was a blatant lie.

Christians werent tortured like the heretics of the inquisitions. Infact christians had invented the saddest torture weapons known to man.

Even in the bible, your warrior kings in the old testament were slicing off foreskins and gutting neighbouring cities
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by MrTroll(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
I'm in a pretty good mood now so i'll not bash you. Your argument is what is called the No True Scotsman Fallacy. Granted, there are good christians too but so are there good muslims, good hindus, even good atheists. You cannot just point to a few good examples as justification when the vast majority of the evidence point to the contrary.

I have told you this before, what you point out as a mark of true believers is also seen in people of other religions and also in irreligious people. Nothing special there. . .

I've had professional relationships with people and after much, they ask me if i'm a pastor. I have somebody who just knows i don't go to church but for want of anywhere to classify me have called me a moralist.

The fact remains that good people will always be good irrespective of their religion but it takes religion for somebody to truly do evil and stil think he/she is right.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: I'm in a pretty good mood now so i'll not bash you. Your argument is what is called the No True Scotsman Fallacy. Granted, there are good christians too but so are there good muslims, good hindus, even good atheists. You cannot just point to a few good examples as justification when the vast majority of the evidence point to the contrary.

I have told you this before, what you point out as a mark of true believers is also seen in people of other religions and also in irreligious people. Nothing special there. . .

I've had professional relationships with people and after much, they ask me if i'm a pastor. I have somebody who just knows i don't go to church but for want of anywhere to classify me have called me a moralist.

The fact remains that good people will always be good irrespective of their religion but it takes religion for somebody to truly do evil and stil think he/she is right.

angry

Cue another rant of sin, it's effects, how true morality is freedom from sin,.......
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: I'm in a pretty good mood now so i'll not bash you. Your argument is what is called the No True Scotsman Fallacy. Granted, there are good christians too but so are there good muslims, good hindus, even good atheists. You cannot just point to a few good examples as justification when the vast majority of the evidence point to the contrary.

what is your morality based on? Does it have absolutes and references?
Good isn't enough to get you to perfect heaven. Since your good is imperfect.

Right on cue mehn @ musk. cool
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by ckkris: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
WE are busy winning converts, that are winning more converts. And no Christian will ever issue a FATWA on Masaje, for converting to any religion he CHOOSES.

Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

You christians lie and hype up your persecutions.

For instance, the claim that christians were fed to lions was a blatant lie.

Christians werent tortured like the heretics of the inquisitions. Infact christians had invented the saddest torture weapons known to man.

Even in the bible, your warrior kings in the old testament were slicing off foreskins and gutting neighbouring cities
never heard of any christian warrior king in the bible.
You probably have not heard of persecution or seen it before. I'm not talking of religious crises here, or political. Thereomething different, but in all, the christians suffer. From the little things to the high ones. You cannot deny fact.

Its also unique when a man or child who has just had his loved ones killed or his things taken away. Or has just been beaten up or insulted or one who spends 14 years in an underground prison without ever seeing the light of day turns around and forgives his tormentors and preaches to them inb love. Now that's a completely unnatural thing. You cannot deny facts this time.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: never heard of any christian warrior king in the bible.
You probably have not heard of persecution or seen it before. I'm not talking of religious crises here, or political. Thereomething different, but in all, the christians suffer. From the little things to the high ones. You cannot deny fact.

Its also unique when a man or child who has just had his loved ones killed or his things taken away. Or has just been beaten up or insulted or one who spends 14 years in an underground prison without ever seeing the light of day turns around and forgives his tormentors and preaches to them inb love. Now that's a completely unnatural thing. You cannot deny facts this time.

And these acts aren't Christian acts, they're human.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by MrTroll(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: what is your morality based on? Does it have absolutes and references?
Good isn't enough to get you to perfect heaven. Since your good is imperfect.

Right on cue mehn @ musk. cool
My morality is based on myself out of concern for my fellow humans. Its not absolute neither is anybody's despite what you all claim. Who says i'm interested in going to your imaginary heaven?
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: My morality is based on myself out of concern for my fellow humans. Its not absolute neither is anybody's despite what you all claim. Who says i'm interested in going to your imaginary heaven?
yeah. I forgot to add that you don't even believe heaven exists. Alrighty then.
If you morality is based on yourself and it doesn't have any absolute, then concern for fellow humans is out of the picture. And you justify serial killers and murderers, rapists and even some thieves, whose ideas of morality arer quite different from yours. Why should they be punished for breaking any law?

Once you remove moral absolutes, you encourage lawlessness.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by MrTroll(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: yeah. I forgot to add that you don't even believe heaven exists. Alrighty then.
If you morality is based on yourself and it doesn't have any absolute, then concern for fellow humans is out of the picture. And you justify serial killers and murderers, rapists and even some thieves, whose ideas of morality arer quite different from yours. Why should they be punished for breaking any law?

Once you remove moral absolutes, you encourage lawlessness.
bros, we are in a society governed by laws and codes of conduct established by ourselves in order to preserve and allow the human specie to prosper. It is intrinsic in all animals, except that we are more organised and advanced and therefore ours is more complex. These are the codes of conduct i follow. . .honed through home training and culture.

We humans created our own morality and codes of conduct.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by raptureready: 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Why do atheists always pounce en masse on every christian thread?

Later you guys are all like "please leave us alone and respect our rights to our opinions/choices"?

You guys don't go on the islam threads with the same guff you spew here all the timem

Abi na because we no de issue fatwa?
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready: Why do atheists always pounce en masse on every christian thread?

Later you guys are all like "please leave us alone and respect our rights to our opinions/choices"?

You guys don't go on the islam threads with the same guff you spew here all the timem

Abi na because we no de issue fatwa?

oh sharrap... the OP invited us on another thread. undecided
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by raptureready: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: bros, we are in a society governed by laws and codes of conduct established by ourselves in order to preserve and allow the human specie to prosper. It is intrinsic in all animals, except that we are more organised and advanced and therefore ours is more complex. These are the codes of conduct i follow. . .honed through home training and culture.

We humans created our own morality and codes of conduct.

Really?

So where did I sign up to that?

Suppose I decide I do not want our "collective codes of conduct", as a free moral agent, and I wanna be an assassin?
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by raptureready: 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
aManFromMars:

oh sharrap... the OP invited us on another thread. undecided

I'm not talking about JUST THIS THREAD!

You guys are EVERYWHERE!!!
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by MrTroll(m): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready:

Really?

So where did I sign up to that?

Suppose I decide I do not want our "collective codes of conduct", as a free moral agent, and I wanna be an assassin?
well, its simple really. Go on a killing spree and when you're caught the society you don't want to be part of will oblige you either by locking you away or gifting you the electric chair.tongue
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by MrTroll(m): 10:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready:

I'm not talking about JUST THIS THREAD!

You guys are EVERYWHERE!!!
We are LEGION and we have a mandate from satan to win more souls for him. We need more human flesh for our eternal bonfire. Hehehehehe. #just kidding

NOT! angry
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
@josh dont waste ur tym on dese blind pple wen God wants to touch dem it wont take him a second n ah wont be suprised wen ah hear one of dem is now a pastor 2moro .....smh

1 Like

Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
Elantracey: @josh dont waste ur tym on dese blind pple wen God wants to touch dem it wont take him a second n ah wont be suprised wen ah hear one of dem is now a pastor 2moro .....smh
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by MrTroll(m): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin grin grin
Did you actually understand what she wrote? undecided
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: Did you actually understand what she wrote? undecided
yes, and I found the last phrase funny. Wetin?
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by MrTroll(m): 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes, and I found the last phrase funny. Wetin?
Nothing really. I found the post incoherent. Was she speaking in tongues?
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: this is a blatant lie.

On your personal experience, what persecution have you gone through?. I ve told you before. Lets not decieve ourselves, you have not seen persecution. Take the easiest route to heaven by going to preach among bokoharam. Keep your faith strong by reading mathew 5;10 "Blessed are you who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven". another verse says "Anyone who looses his life for my sake will gain it" That will pass a stronger message across than all your "i love God hypocrisy"
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2013
nwuyag:
On your personal experience, what persecution have you gone through?. I ve told you before. Lets not decieve ourselves, you have not seen persecution. Take the easiest route to heaven by going to preach among bokoharam. Keep your faith strong by reading mathew 5;10 "Blessed are you who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven". another verse says "Anyone who looses his life for my sake will gain it" That will pass a stronger message across than all your "i love God hypocrisy"
this just shows you do not even know what bibilical persecution and suffering is.
The bible says that anyone who truly professes Christ MUST suffer persecution. Persecution comes in all forms and sizes. Its not only when you are killed that you have suffered for christ. Discrimination, degradation, insults and spite are persecution too.
There is also persecution from false brethrem mentioned in scripture. That's about the worst there is I think.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 26, 2013
Mr Troll: Did you actually understand what she wrote? undecided
sorry mr troll u cant understand it
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by MrTroll(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2013
Elantracey: sorry mr troll u cant understand it
yes yes you're right. Gibberish is not my forte.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by raptureready: 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
Mr Troll: well, its simple really. Go on a killing spree and when you're caught the society you don't want to be part of will oblige you either by locking you away or gifting you the electric chair.tongue

Really?

And what about said killing spree? What of all the people who would have died (possibly including you grin )?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"What Is The Meaning Of The Hebrew Word Shalom?" / “noah”: A Biblical Tale Rewritten To Push An Agenda / White Race More Superior Than Other Races- Watchtower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.