Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories (2081 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
There's an old American TV show "kids say the darnedest thing" started by the late Mr Art Linkletter many years ago and later by Bill Cosby.
They were the most hilarious clips.
For those of us with children or nieces and nephews
Can you share some funny things your kids have said or done
Maybe the way they pronounce stuff or their unique descriptive terms.

Let me go first

My kids never called stew by the name we called it,stew,and they didn't like it much either
They had their own unique American way of describing the red tomato sauce on rice
My parents came on a visit and got the kick out of it all

One day grandma was serving them rice and stew for lunch and they said grandma we don't want the toppings on our rice.Please serve it plain with some butter.

grin grin grin
So grandma would always ask,do you want some toppings on your white rice? grin
They eventually grew out of that and would eat stew and call it stew but once in a while,they would still use butter .

The other thing was the way they described soups
My daughter loved egusi and bitter leaf
And when I would ask if she wanted to eat farina ( ground rice) ,she'll say
" only if you have the crunchy soup"
So Bitter leaf was the crunchy soup in my house.

They see me " smoking garri" and I remember them the first time asking me what it was
The answer garri was met with more questions about what it was made of so I just described it as Nigerian cereal to keep it short and simple
The little ones still call it Nigerian cereal till date grin

Share your stories.
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Teenaba(f): 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2013
My son is an infant. Can't talk yet. Will keep you posted when he starts talking and when I have more children!!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 29, 2013
Teenaba: My son is an infant. Can't talk yet. Will keep you posted when he starts talking and when I have more children!!!!! cheesy

they grow up so fast
trust me
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by toshmann(m): 3:14am On Oct 29, 2013
i no get kid. . . . . angry
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Teenaba(f): 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
babyosisi:

they grow up so fast
trust me
I totally agree with you!
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by sexymoma(f): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
The Only Thing That Amuse Bout Ma Niece Is The Way She Calls ' Holy Ghost'

'Holy Boss' grin
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by igbonla(m): 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
A boy was sharing his experiences when he got back from Nigeria, he said "everybody back in Nigeria has a personal jailhouse" and uncle Tony's was the biggest! He was describing the fence around all the homes he visited.

Electricity went off and the young girl not used to power failure started screaming, rubbing her eyes and shouting "mummy, I have gone blind"!

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by kreamidiva(f): 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
I wrote down all the funny things my daughter used to say when she was smaller but have forgotten most of them......

Tinkerbew- tinkerbell

Gedin morn- golden morn

Jesus Christ of zayaneth- Jesus Christ of Nazareth ( her name is Zara and she calls herself Zaya so that's where the "zayaneth"came from) grin

I want to gink tea- i want to drink tea.

"Mum, grandma cooked pepper" referring to the stew grandma made with excess pepper!

I don't want table-table - i don't want vegetable

I'll come back with more......
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Joy4mi(f): 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
kids can be very funny.

My first son startd callin stew "yum yum"since he was two.he has stopped now dat he is 5 but it pops out of his mouth once in a while and he has influnced his younger brother too.
2.i have dis cream i use on them if they have boil,or heat rash its called sudocream.but my son ask too much of questions pertaining dis cream and i answered him but he could not pronounce it.so anytime he wants to describe it,he calls it "something".i had no choice than to start calling it something too. LOL
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by jumzzy448: 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Anytime my daughter uses the toilet, I do tell her to call me to come and wash her bum. So there was a day I wanted to use the toilet, then she asked me what I wanted to do, I told her I want to make use of the toilet then she told me ''mummy, when your are through, call me to come and wash your bum bum for you"grin grin I couldn't stop laughing that day.

Will be back when I remember more.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 30, 2013
My niece wen she was growing up used t call her dad "SWEETHEART" cos dat was wot d mom was calln d dad, so she joined in calln her dad SWEETHEART.
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by omoanho(f): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2013
My second son calls the first son by name Joel as War.
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by EfemenaXY: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2013
Lovely thread cheesy

When my sons were younger, they called:

Egusi soup - The orange soup

Banga soup - The spicy soup

Ogbolo soup - The green soup (probably because of the Okro and Uwgu leaves in it) shocked shocked

My daughter, though not yet 2 has the word 'No' injected in most of her sentences. Wanted to fix her her one Saturday morning, so the conversation went like this...

Me: Baby, mummy's going to shampoo and fix your hair today o!

My daughter: Oh God, Oh No! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by bolseas(f): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2013
my nephew came to watch cartoon in my house and met me eating Rice with boiled egg.

Nephew: I want to eat Yorce, I want to eat Yorce..

Me: Ok, let me go and get some for you..

Nephew: with Egg...

i was like Egg ko, meat ni.

2) Aunty: Lo mu igbale wa (Go and bring broom)

Nephew: Igbale ko, Igbale ko (broom ko, broom ko) instead of Igbale ko, Igbale ni....

3) My Nephew was eating bread with tea. he then got up to go and pick something from the bedroom. when he got to the entrance, he turned, with his finger pointing at me , he said

Nephew: don't drink my bread

Me: can i eat your tea if i cant drink your bread.

this boy will be 4 in december.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Joy4mi(f): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2013
Efemena_xy: Lovely thread cheesy

Ogbolo soup - The green soup (probably because of the Okro and Uwgu leaves in it) shocked shocked

My daughter, though not yet 2 has the word 'No' injected in most of her sentences. Wanted to fix her her one Saturday morning, so the conversation went like this...

I dnt know if that word "no" is already in dere brain the moment they start talking. My 2 1/2 yr old son says no wit so much seriousness u wld tink something is wrong. He says it in a very funny way like "yynor". I cant stop myself frm laughin anytime he says that word. In school,he is called yynor. Lol
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by OreofeeOluwa(f): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2013
This thread is so funny. grin Children are indeed blessing from GOD.
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 30, 2013
Efemena_xy: Lovely thread cheesy

My Lil siblings call the vegetable soup 'the green soup' - total shame grin
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Nnekacherry: 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
I went to visit my uncle and his family and the kids were in the parlour watching cartoon.. Then there mum came out and started flipping through the channels and stops at channel O briefly to know the music they were playing, she changed it immediately but the kids has already seen the artist reaching out to touch one of his dancers bombom..
The litle one looked at his mum and looked away. The next thing we heard was
"now they are about to touch the boomboom"..
Lol.. Everybody was shocked, and the way he said it was so hilarious..
I couldn't believe it was a kid of 3yrs that said that..
When my kids starts coming, parental code all the way.. These children are getting too sharp for their age...
Re: Funny Things Kids Say And Do-share your stories by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 02, 2013
I bought a lovely blouse got my 3 year old niece, when I gave it to her, she asked her mum to help her try it on. then the following conversation ensued
Mom: Your blouse is beautiful, have you said thank you
Niece: *adamantly* NOOOO
mom : why?
niece : because they will be seeing my naughty bum bum

(1) (Reply)

Her Husband Is About To Be Made A King, She Is Scared Of Polygyny,pls Advice / How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! / Lady Sends Her Husband Packing In UK After He Called Police On Her (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.