Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad (973 Views)

Woman Delivers Four-Year-Old Pregnancy In Ogun / See What A Woman Did To Save Her Child From A Fire Outbreak(photo) / Nigerian Lesbian Aderonke Apata Pleads For UK Judge To Save Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
One lucky dad has his 4-year-old daughter’s extraordinary bravery and quick thinking to thank for saving his life.

Chris Lucas, from Iron Mountain, Mich., was knocked unconscious after hitting his head while unloading scrap metal from his truck on October 15, according to the Daily News. Four-year-old Cadance, who was with him, took action. She ran about a quarter-mile in the dark to find a neighbor for help.

Cadence told TV6 that she knew her dad needed help when she saw him lying on the ground near the back of his pickup truck.

“Most kids would have sat there until their parent woke up,” Chris Lucas told the Daily News. “She took the initiative to run out even though it was dark.”

Fortunately, the neighbor called an ambulance. Lucas sustained a small bump on the back of his head, according to TV6. But he thinks the end result would have been much worse if his daughter hadn’t responded the way she did.

“I think she saved my life,” Lucas told the station. “She’s my hero for sure.”

http://www.informationng.com/2013/10/four-year-old-runs-quarter-mile-in-the-dark-to-save-her-dad.html

Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by Sleekydee(m): 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2013
Super Hero tins, Batgirl.
Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by GentleMimi: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
This oyibo children too dey form effizzy.Why cn't they be like Naija kids....*hey! See how daddy is sleeping on the floor.Let me run and play in Ramatu's house b4 he will wake up.If it is me now he will be shouting.Mummy will come and meet him there*

1 Like

Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by Emmyk(m): 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nice
Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
Good girl
Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by baby124: 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
haha! Smart baby. Wonderful grin
Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by Kanwulia: 12:55am On Oct 31, 2013
The reason FATHERS SHOULD STOP ABANDONING THEIR CHILDREN. . .ESPECIALLY THEIR DAUGHTERS! kiss
BLACK men. . .LEARN. cheesy
Your azzes would have rotted before anyone found you. . . ! grin

1 Like

Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by greatgod2012(f): 1:49am On Oct 31, 2013
Smart daughter
Lucky father
Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by EfemenaXY: 7:23am On Oct 31, 2013
It's all good and well that things turned out fine in the end, but this story could so easily have gone pear-shaped.

Yes, the little girl did what she did out of child-like innocence to help out a parent in need, but what if she'd been picked up by a paedophile roaming the streets? She most certainly wouldn't have seen the light of day.

So as far as I'm concerned, there really isn't a moral to this story because a child, let alone a 4 year old, shouldn't be encouraged to run off in the dark. She was lucky. Next time (if it occurs again), she may not be.
Re: Four-year-old Runs Quarter-mile In The Dark To Save Her Dad by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
Brave little girl. Glad both father and child are okay.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Discover The House You Are Living Belongs To Your Wife / Parental Guide-28+ Internet Acronyms Every Parent Should Know / Reasons Why There Were Fewer Divorce Cases Those Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.