Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Pit Latrine Vs Flush Toilet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pit Latrine Vs Flush Toilet (2429 Views)

Pit Latrine Or Water Closet Which Is Preferable? / How Is Pit Latrine Decongested When It Is Full And How Is Odour Controlled? / What Natural Remedies Can One Use To Flush Out Excess Blood Sugar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pit Latrine Vs Flush Toilet by Bibi(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2006
Guys,

I was having this crazy discussion with a old uncle who is about to complete his bungalow in Nigeria. He is insisting on installing pit latrine instead of flush toilet,

his claims:
- Pit latrine lets you "shit better" the way you ben down with your knees almost up to you chets, makes the shit flow out better unlike sitting on flush toilet which makes it harder to push the stuff out.
- there is never water supply, hence no need searching for endless water to flush.

I beg, help me educate my uncle, is pit Latrine a good idea in the 21st century? Is it hygienic? Is it safe?
Re: Pit Latrine Vs Flush Toilet by twinstaiye(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2006
Tell your uncle to go for his choice, only that there are some toilet now that is seal on the ground but not pit latrine. you can still still stoop instead of sitting on them. or better still, you can sink it deep down the ground with the seat leveling the ground so that he can stoop on them instead of sitting on them.
Re: Pit Latrine Vs Flush Toilet by TerraCotta(m): 5:48am On Dec 14, 2006
This topic is actually a bigger deal than people think. Many people around the world don't use the European sitting toilet for precisely the same reason. Here's an article on toilets in Japan (where pits are also common).
Re: Pit Latrine Vs Flush Toilet by English1(f): 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2007
If he doesn't have a good supply of water then it would be silly to install a flush toilet. It would end up being very unhygienic.
Re: Pit Latrine Vs Flush Toilet by eslynera(f): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2007
haha, i see your uncle minds water conservation. grin

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Save Girly Brown / Menopause @ 19??? / Good News! First Ebola Patient Discharged In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.