Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Architectural Models - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Architectural Models (4446 Views)

Freelance Architectural visualisation 2D and 3D / Architectural 3D Training / Nairalander Architectural Models (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Architectural Models by double3(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2013
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, anyway the mods could help me move it to the right forum if I'm threading on the wrong ground.....;owk I'll be designing some architectural BIM models within the next few days and would love to share my work progress with you guys as I progress. Enough of the talks and let's get to work.
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2013
I'm gonna kick off with the design of a 3bedroom bungalow which would sit on a plot of land....take off images would be uploaded in just about a bit,say tuned......
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2013
Stage 1: Grid pattern layout...

Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2013
I'll be changing my initial design of a 3bedroom bungalow to 4 blocks of flat which would sit on one and hlf plot of land...lego!!!
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2013
Step 2:loaded the structural columns and foundation into the project,also the building entry level....

Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 10:48am On Nov 04, 2013
Modified some few columns conflicting with my wall..

Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
25% complete
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
Design almost completed

Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
Enough fo today, I'll be unloading pix of th finished structure moro....
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2013
Front elevation view...

Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2013
Front Side view...I think I'll have to reduce th height of the roof, I think 3meters would be owk.

Re: Architectural Models by EzeJustme(m): 9:40am On Nov 07, 2013
double3: Stage 1: Grid pattern layout...

please am very much interested on architectural work can u help
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2013
Been busy with some other activities so wasn't able to upload the completed structure as promised earlier,...so now u have it!!!!

1 Like

Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
EzeJustme:

please am very much interested on architectural work can u help
Are you familiar with any design software??
Re: Architectural Models by EzeJustme(m): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
double3:
Are you familiar with any design software??

no idea @all
Re: Architectural Models by Rhino5dm: 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
Which software is this, REVIT?
Re: Architectural Models by civilianism: 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
I like d final model, and it's like u did it wt revit, bt u did't break d steps down. I'm still learning revit, bt I am good wt punch pro, that is wat I use for my design.
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Which software is this, REVIT?

Yes auto desk revit
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
civilianism: I like d final model, and it's like u did it wt revit, bt u did't break d steps down. I'm still learning revit, bt I am good wt punch pro, that is wat I use for my design.
Thanks...I didn't upload every step to avoid boring u guys with unnecessary details.
I'm cooking up some new designs which I would be up loading soonest.
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
This current project is a 4 bedroom duplex which would sit on 1 and hlf plot of land, would mke the model as simple as possible and also tech at the same time...let's get started....
Step 1: I started by creating my levels from an elevation view ( created 6 levels namely; 00foundation foot, 01 floor level, 02 entry level, 04 first floor, 05 second floor finally 06 roof top)
Step 2: marked out the portion of land required to place my model using grid line.
Step 3: placed my foundation into th project, added my entry floor and some few interior and exterior walls( I used lines to track the location of my walls, its quite easier tht way,cos I can easily click on the wall command and the use the pick line tool in creating my walls)
Step 4: loaded some windows into the model, some of the windows where actually modified to suit my taste cos some of the windows I actually needed fo this design wasn't pre loaded loaded into revit software.
Step 5: modeled some in-place architectural walls into the project( to add extra flavor).

The end results of step 1_5 is the pix below,as I progress I'll update u guys...stay tuned

Re: Architectural Models by Rhino5dm: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
double3:
Yes auto desk revit

Well, good but I think REVIT should solve their flexibility issues. Why must I be forced to buy Robot Structural Analysis to run my structural analysis or Autocad Detailing or Autodesk Inventor because I want to use REVIT? Besides, the rendering engine in REVIT is very very poor, far below the minimum industry standards. You have to either export your final models to either 3D Max or Maya or C4D for realistic rendering.

I feel any good architectural/structural modeling software should come with a superb rendering and Finite Element Analysis plugins, even if it is third-party plugins like scan & solve or Vray. At minimum, Autodesk should incorporate a good renderer e.g Mental Ray and a good structural analysis plugins e.g Ansys in their next version.
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Well, good but I think REVIT should solve their flexibility issues. Why must I be forced to buy Robot Structural Analysis to run my structural analysis or Autocad Detailing or Autodesk Inventor because I want to use REVIT? Besides, the rendering engine in REVIT is very very poor, far below the minimum industry standards. You have to either export your final models to either 3D Max or Maya or C4D for realistic rendering.

I feel any good architectural/structural modeling software should come with a superb rendering and Finite Element Analysis plugins, even if it is third-party plugins like scan & solve or Vray. At minimum, Autodesk should incorporate a good renderer e.g Mental Ray and a good structural analysis plugins e.g Ansys in their next version.
Ur very much right,thts not the only issue with the software; my major problem is with the mass modeling; revit is very poor when it comes to mass modeling, just wished the mass modeling environment was made to look like its sister auto cad.
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Re: Architectural Models by Rhino5dm: 5:19am On Nov 12, 2013
double3:
Ur very much right,thts not the only issue with the software; my major problem is with the mass modeling; revit is very poor when it comes to mass modeling, just wished the mass modeling environment was made to look like its sister auto cad.

This is the problem with Autodesk software, mostly they tricked you in buying and spending more.
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 11:53am On Nov 12, 2013
Step6:designed the first floor of the building ,loaded all ground floor doors into the project.

Re: Architectural Models by Slipknot(m): 11:55am On Nov 13, 2013
guy your work is nice. you said is autodesk revit?
Re: Architectural Models by Slipknot(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2013
this is my own work which i did using dialux evo2 for lighting design.
Re: Architectural Models by Rhino5dm: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
double3: Step6:designed the first floor of the building ,loaded all ground floor doors into the project.

Great work.
Re: Architectural Models by Rhino5dm: 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
I know for sure your roofing design is going to suck big time cos, most of the pattern in Autodesk software are generic. No much room for creativity.
Re: Architectural Models by double3(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
I know for sure your roofing design is going to suck big time cos, most of the pattern in Autodesk software are generic. No much room for creativity.

Lol...the top section of the model u see is not the roof,thts just the first floor. I'm bout adding walls to th first floor.
Re: Architectural Models by Rhino5dm: 11:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
double3:
Lol...[b]the top section of the model u see is not the roof,[/b]thts just the first floor. I'm bout adding walls to th first floor.

I'm talking about your roof. Let me see how my tomorrow is going to be, I'll show you what I meant.

I'm more particular about roofing a design to my taste and still be able to provide working drawings and explicit explanation to the carpenter. I know the challenges most architects encounter using REVIT, I used it myself sometimes back, but not anymore, cos of flexibility issues. Autodesk packages normally dwarfs your creativity. I became so obsessed with unique designs and was using Catia. I'll post something tomorrow (hopefully I develop the will power to open my laptop), though my workstation is very far from me; thus, the rendering is going to be mental ray(since unlike vray and other 3rd party renderers, you won't be needing GPU to process GI & FG in mental ray.
Re: Architectural Models by Rhino5dm: 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
See this roof pattern?(exported and rendered in 3D max) This is generated with working drawing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can You See In This Image / Learning Printing Process / Incredible Hand Sketches By A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.